Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 26, 2006, 08:29:43 PM

yes because throwing for 400 yards = success, in that same game Brad got 280...who won?

I mentioned that he lost, so don't pin that on me bro.  But Leinart has the skills to bring 400 to the table...and there will be games in his future in which he throws for 350 with four TDs, and wins.  And they barely beat a horrible Cards team.

Call it what you want, but Leinart is a better QB no matter what his TD:INT ratio comps with Grads.  Please dude.  

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 26, 2006, 08:30:52 PM

First of all, you can compare Grads to Leinart and Young all you want, but who would YOU rather have?  After watching Young bring the Titans back in the fashion he did, after hearing about Leinart throwing for over 400 yards in a loss...?

Grads is our QB, and that is fine.  Watching him, there are more questions to him than just deep ball accuracy, but arm strength in general, and his accuracy seems a bit off.  He is small, and short, and is basically only good in J Gruds west coast offense.  So if Gruden leaves, or is fired as many of the Tampa Bay area is speculating, we are stuck with Grads to run what?  Another anemic offensive attack?  These comparisons are fine and dandy, but they do nothing to tell me that he is the future.  He just doesn't seem to have the fire that Leinart or Young have, and that is very critical to a QB. 

Yes I know, he is a rook.  But he is not what I see as the future starter, and I think Gruden, if given a chance, will seek help elsewhere.  He is STUCK with Grads right now, he has no other choice.  Rattay is a bum, and McCown has been heralded but has a knee issue that we are all aware of. 

WE will see soon enough.  All this specualtion is driving me INSANE.  For a few minutes, I thought GRads was the man, but his knocks in college are the same knocks he has as a pro.  I doubt he can fix his range issue, or his arm strength.  He is what he is.
Winning is about more than arm strength.  Grads can win, the question is can he carry an offense.  It's not likely that he can soon, but it's possible.  And more possible in the long run.  He has a great football IQ.  When you look at Grads and Simms, and how they've played, it's hard to see Chris doing a better job than grads with this year's team.  It's not as hard to see Grads doing better than Chris with last years.
Chris' knocks were also the same in college.  The difference is that after 3 years he still had the same knocks.  All rookies have the same issues as college, they haven't been professionally coached.  Let's see if the issues Grads has can be cleared before next year before writing him off.  If everyone was happy to give Chris 2 full years to learn how to handle the frickin snap, why can't we wait on a guy who mastered the snap in his rookie TC?

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 26, 2006, 08:31:17 PM

Boid, you speak the truth. Are you the only one here that understands what I'm saying? He's not the LEAST bit exciting. I NEVER think "he's gonna bring us back & win this game."
And yet even though you didn't think it, he still did it.

Too bad he doesn't "excite" you.  HAte when QBs don't do that...

#33 : November 26, 2006, 08:31:34 PM

yes because throwing for 400 yards = success, in that same game Brad got 280...who won?

I mentioned that he lost, so don't pin that on me bro.  But Leinart has the skills to bring 400 to the table...and there will be games in his future in which he throws for 350 with four TDs, and wins.  And they barely beat a horrible Cards team.

Call it what you want, but Leinart is a better QB no matter what his TD:INT ratio comps with Grads.  Please dude.  
...right..the fact remains he has 3 first round (top 15) WRs on the team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 26, 2006, 08:32:54 PM

I mentioned that he lost, so don't pin that on me bro.  But Leinart has the skills to bring 400 to the table...and there will be games in his future in which he throws for 350 with four TDs, and wins.  And they barely beat a horrible Cards team.

Call it what you want, but Leinart is a better QB no matter what his TD:INT ratio comps with Grads.  Please dude. 
It is what it is.  I am not blatting over the talent differential here.  I am telling you that Grads just seems to lack the it factor.  Tell you what, if GRads was running the Cardinals offense, would it be better or worse?

I THOUGHT so.

#35 : November 26, 2006, 08:33:49 PM

Boid, you speak the truth. Are you the only one here that understands what I'm saying? He's not the LEAST bit exciting. I NEVER think "he's gonna bring us back & win this game."
to be honest, and I swear I'm not lying here....Bruce gets me excited to watch the games, Chris was only exciting for the long ball....that's it...Bruce has his feet and the pass, not to mention he gets me excited by getting excited himself. Plus in 10 games = 2 comeback victories

#36 : November 26, 2006, 08:34:37 PM

I mentioned that he lost, so don't pin that on me bro.  But Leinart has the skills to bring 400 to the table...and there will be games in his future in which he throws for 350 with four TDs, and wins.  And they barely beat a horrible Cards team.

Call it what you want, but Leinart is a better QB no matter what his TD:INT ratio comps with Grads.  Please dude. 
It is what it is.  I am not blatting over the talent differential here.  I am telling you that Grads just seems to lack the it factor.  Tell you what, if GRads was running the Cardinals offense, would it be better or worse?

I THOUGHT so.
what the hell type of logic is that? During our SB year if Johnson were the Raiders QB would they be better or worse?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 26, 2006, 08:34:54 PM

Too bad he doesn't "excite" you. HAte when QBs don't do that...

Me too.  

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#38 : November 26, 2006, 08:35:08 PM

he may be, and thats fine and dandy, but untill we all see what the offseason and draft brings us, Im saying he is a better choice over Simms.........

Im backing him, and am impressed with the stats the boy did before he got into NFL (insert # of records broke in college plus # of records broke in High school)   give grads the offseason to work his arm and hit the gym....and see if he dosent put up better numbers...

maybe not, but is it because of him, or the rest of the offense including a WR that cant catch, a OL that cant open holes, and a WR that can only run straight?

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#39 : November 26, 2006, 08:35:48 PM

so I guess Vick - THE GREATEST QB.EVER. Since he makes exciting plays? Great logic...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#40 : November 26, 2006, 08:36:14 PM

Yeah, me too.  No game that we won was he responsible for bringing us back. A couple of lucky breaks, but no coming back, running a 2 min offense, nothing.

#41 : November 26, 2006, 08:37:40 PM

Yeah, me too.  No game that we won was he responsible for bringing us back. A couple of lucky breaks, but no coming back, running a 2 min offense, nothing.
right when he lead us back with 30 seconds to go it wasn't exciting....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 26, 2006, 08:38:26 PM

to be honest, and I swear I'm not lying here....Bruce gets me excited to watch the games, Chris was only exciting for the long ball....that's it...Bruce has his feet and the pass, not to mention he gets me excited by getting excited himself. Plus in 10 games = 2 comeback victories

Comeback #1 was a gift wrapped in gold.  The ref called a bad play (roughing) that should never in a million have been called.  It preserved a drive that should have ended a game.  I am glad the Bucs won, but it was a gift.

Comeback #2 was not "led" by Bruce so much as it was won by a 62 yard FG.

He has played consistently, and this is good.  BUt he should also have about 4 more picks to square his number off as well.  Woulda coulda shoulda, but from what I see, I think he would make a marvelous backup.

#43 : November 26, 2006, 08:39:40 PM

he could had 4 more TDs to square his number off as well...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#44 : November 26, 2006, 08:40:03 PM

Thanks for saving me the trouble, Boid.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools