Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

: November 27, 2006, 01:07:40 AM

This, however does not mean that he shouldn't try to get a better qb than an average journeyman. It would probably work out better & easier. You can develop a qb, but I think arm strength is there or not.

And what makes you think he doesn't have arm strength-- He is trying to learn the rhythm and speed of the game. It's not his arm strenth on the long ball it's his accuracy. If you think it's his arm why was he originally throwing 10 yards over the deep receiver. Now he is throwing short and other times he has been dead on. Thats accuracy not arm strength.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#1 : November 26, 2006, 07:31:29 PM

I found this on another forum...thought Id post it here:

Is he being judged to harshly here? I mean compare him to the other Rookie QBs who are playing and marked as "the future(saviors) of their franchises"

QB:...........Bruce......Matt......Vince
TD:...............9.............6............6
INTS:...........6.............7............8
Yards:.......1328.......1343.......1074
Comp %:....53.7.......53.6.......45.7
Rating:.......70.1.......68.1.......56.1

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#2 : November 26, 2006, 07:33:18 PM

...MJS has this that he updates weekly

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#3 : November 26, 2006, 07:35:36 PM

That's what I keep saying.  People jump all over Bruce for one or two bad throws but look at what these guys picked in the top 10 are doing.  Bruce was picked to be the 4th maybe 3rd string guy, and he came in and is now the starter.  He is outperforming guys who were picked to build franchises around.  And with those WR's in Arizona, how come Matt's stats aren't better?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : November 26, 2006, 07:43:54 PM

More freaking stats!!  AAUUGH! [banghead]

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#5 : November 26, 2006, 07:45:32 PM

More freaking stats!! AAUUGH! [banghead]

what else are we gonna do around here...start another fire Gruden thread, or a Grads sucks thread????

this was just to show that our boy aint that damn bad.....Im backing him!!!

#6 : November 26, 2006, 07:46:39 PM

More freaking stats!!  AAUUGH! [banghead]
the numbers don't lie....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : November 26, 2006, 07:47:52 PM

what else are we gonna do around here...start another fire Gruden thread, or a Grads sucks thread????

Maybe you are not paying attention---I have not started ONE single fire gruden or Grads sucks thread--go check.

#8 : November 26, 2006, 07:48:26 PM

Maybe you are not paying attention---I have not started ONE single fire gruden or Grads sucks thread--go check.
I acknowledge that, but you do partake in them

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 26, 2006, 07:50:06 PM

Forget it Redtab.  People hate grads here, blame him for the losses and look back to the "good ole' days of Simms.  Because, empirical evidince aside, they just think he was far better and Grads sux.  The fact that a rookie is outplaying him just makes them squeeze their eyes shut all the harder... 

#10 : November 26, 2006, 07:52:33 PM

[im]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061119/capt.144e1afc002e4f1cadf9850720bc876b.redskins_buccaneers_football_tps107.jpg[/img]

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 26, 2006, 07:53:37 PM

[im]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061119/capt.144e1afc002e4f1cadf9850720bc876b.redskins_buccaneers_football_tps107.jpg[/img]

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#12 : November 26, 2006, 07:54:41 PM

Forget it Redtab. People hate grads here, blame him for the losses and look back to the "good ole' days of Simms. Because, empirical evidince aside, they just think he was far better and Grads sux. The fact that a rookie is outplaying him just makes them squeeze their eyes shut all the harder...

maybe so....but Id rather take 6 int's over a 7 game period then i would 6 in a game (he wasnt called chrissy for nothing!!)

and besides I HATE SIMMS...I would rather take the worst QB in the league than i would to see Bucs re-sign simms....all he did was whine like a girl....not to say I could do better by anymeans, or I would be out there suited up, but as a fans perspective.....I HATE SIMMS!!!

#13 : November 26, 2006, 07:56:41 PM

okay...and now you go hate on Chris...he's a good guy and unless you've met him I don't expect you to think of him as so....but come on all hedid was whine? You'd rather have the worse QB in the league..meaning the team suffer because you hate him? WTF?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : November 26, 2006, 07:57:44 PM

I just do not understand how you can watch Brucie & think wow, he's just....not too bad. That does not inspire anybody! It's more than just numbers. He pretty much looks lost out there. And if I'm not starting the threads, that means I'm not alone in my opinion. Even if Chris goes elsewhere, I do not want to see Grads out there. If Jon's job is on the line next year, do you think he puts it in Grads hands?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools