Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where do you think Pryor will end up? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 20, 2008, 06:19:37 PM

Actually no. Pryor is smart; he has a better chance going to the NFL going to Ohio St. than Michigan. Rich Rodriguez will simply ruin him and any other qb that wants to go pro.

Losing a lot of credibility, kid. With this and the National Championship/Undefeated thread
Huh? Care to explain. under tressell he brought in 2 QBs into the NFL. the count is 0 for mr rodiguez

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#46 : March 20, 2008, 07:29:03 PM

First of all, what QB's did RR "ruin?"

Second, name those Tressel QB's that are tearing it up in the NFL.

Your point that Pryor is smart is questionable at best.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 20, 2008, 07:59:16 PM

Pat White

all they do is exploit the option. and pass the ball 25% of the time. how does this help him(Pryor) bring his game to the nfl level? it doesn't.

first off, no one said anything on how well his(tressel) qbs that were "tearing it up. the fact of the matter is in a 7 yr span; RR didn't coach up ANY qb prospects in the nfl.

however for tressel he at least coached up 2 prospects over his 7 yr span.

pryor has a chance to run a balanced offense at ohio st. and display his tools

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 20, 2008, 11:39:58 PM

Actually no. Pryor is smart; he has a better chance going to the NFL going to Ohio St. than Michigan. Rich Rodriguez will simply ruin him and any other qb that wants to go pro.

Losing a lot of credibility, kid.  With this and the National Championship/Undefeated thread

The kid may have lost some credibility with the UF prediction but his take on Pryor is shared by a lot of others. I don't know about the "ruining" of quarterbacks part but considering that RR hasn'r sent any qb's to the NFL that I know of and Tressel has sent at least one, simple reasoning says Pryor has a better chance going with Tressel...

matt

Starter

#49 : March 21, 2008, 07:52:09 AM

Losing a lot of credibility, kid. With this and the National Championship/Undefeated thread
Huh? Care to explain. under tressell he brought in 2 QBs into the NFL. the count is 0 for mr rodiguez

So you're a UF fan and you're blasting Rich Rod? You might want to do some research and find out who taught Urban Meyer how to run the spread...

It cracks me up that WVU fans like chaz are still soooooooooo bitter than Rich Rod left for a waaaaay better opportunity.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#50 : March 21, 2008, 09:00:15 AM

So you're a UF fan and you're blasting Rich Rod? You might want to do some research and find out who taught Urban Meyer how to run the spread...

you got a link for that?

as for pryor...i think he's a moron.  he's got tressel in his ear for years and still goes out and commits to the University of Ohio State.  but he can play some ball.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 21, 2008, 09:22:06 AM

Pat White

all they do is exploit the option. and pass the ball 25% of the time. how does this help him(Pryor) bring his game to the nfl level? it doesn't.

Uhhh, that's because Pat White isn't that good of a passer.  He is a much better runner than passer, much like Pryor is.  Pryor isn't going to play QB in the NFL no matter where he goes to college, neither is Pat White.  And as far as RR "ruining" Pat White, Rod is the only coach who was going to let White play QB.  That is why White went to WVU.  Ask Pat White is RR "ruined" him.

first off, no one said anything on how well his(tressel) qbs that were "tearing it up. the fact of the matter is in a 7 yr span; RR didn't coach up ANY qb prospects in the nfl.

however for tressel he at least coached up 2 prospects over his 7 yr span.

pryor has a chance to run a balanced offense at ohio st. and display his tools

Tressel has had better players at OSU than RR did WVU, that has something to do with who is playing in the NFL.  OSU runs a pro-style offense...which doesn't suit Pryor's abilities, the spread does.

Let me just say you are the only person who has ever called Pryor "smart" throughout this entire process.  I will leave it at that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#52 : March 21, 2008, 09:25:29 AM

Losing a lot of credibility, kid.  With this and the National Championship/Undefeated thread

The kid may have lost some credibility with the UF prediction but his take on Pryor is shared by a lot of others. I don't know about the "ruining" of quarterbacks part but considering that RR hasn'r sent any qb's to the NFL that I know of and Tressel has sent at least one, simple reasoning says Pryor has a better chance going with Tressel...

Come on BBB, you think that "one" QB might just be a better player than anybody RR has coached.  It has nothing to do with who is coaching them.  That "one" is a better QB than ANYBODY that RR has ever coached at the position.

Phillip Fulmer coached Peyton Manning.  Does that mean that he is a better QB coach than Spurrier?  I don't think so...it just means he had the best player at the position.

matt

Starter

#53 : March 21, 2008, 09:26:52 AM

you got a link for that?

as for pryor...i think he's a moron. he's got tressel in his ear for years and still goes out and commits to the University of Ohio State. but he can play some ball.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/30/sports/ncaafootball/30rrodriguez.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

That is fine with Rodriguez, who has shown a willingness to share the offense with fellow coaches during spring practice, as long as their teams are not on his schedule. Florida’s Urban Meyer, Carroll’s Mike Van Diest and Appalachian State’s Jerry Moore visited Rodriguez for tutorials in the last few years.

The spread is spreading — just check the trophy cases.

As far as that mental giant saying the University of Ohio State... I believe he wanted to give Michigan fans an extra half second of hope by maybe thinking he'd say the University of Michigan.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 21, 2008, 09:31:35 AM

you got a link for that?

as for pryor...i think he's a moron. he's got tressel in his ear for years and still goes out and commits to the University of Ohio State. but he can play some ball.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/30/sports/ncaafootball/30rrodriguez.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

That is fine with Rodriguez, who has shown a willingness to share the offense with fellow coaches during spring practice, as long as their teams are not on his schedule. Florida�s Urban Meyer, Carroll�s Mike Van Diest and Appalachian State�s Jerry Moore visited Rodriguez for tutorials in the last few years.

The spread is spreading � just check the trophy cases.

Umm, I don't think Rodriquez taught Meyer the spread, Matt.  They are good friends.  Meyer wasn't there learning anything, maybe discussing different things about the spread, but not "teaching."  Do you see the date that article was written?  Well after Meyer went undefeated at Utah and the NC at Florida.

matt

Starter

#55 : March 21, 2008, 09:40:38 AM

You're right in the fact that he didn't teach him the spread like I originally stated, however the date of the column isn't relevant because it mentions in "the last few years". I respect the UF program and Urban Meyer and wouldn't mind seeing several UM/UF National Title games over the next decade or so. My comments were in response to Detrimental's unwarranted attacks on Rich Rodriguez.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 22, 2008, 11:16:41 PM

The kid may have lost some credibility with the UF prediction but his take on Pryor is shared by a lot of others. I don't know about the "ruining" of quarterbacks part but considering that RR hasn'r sent any qb's to the NFL that I know of and Tressel has sent at least one, simple reasoning says Pryor has a better chance going with Tressel[/i]...

Come on BBB, you think that "one" QB might just be a better player than anybody RR has coached.  It has nothing to do with who is coaching them.  That "one" is a better QB than ANYBODY that RR has ever coached at the position.

Phillip Fulmer coached Peyton Manning.  Does that mean that he is a better QB coach than Spurrier?  I don't think so...it just means he had the best player at the position.

Please look at my bolded, italicized statement again. All I'm saying is that based on what we know right NOW, if you had to put out a line on Pryor getting to the NFL based on previous results, the odds would be in Tressel's favor at this point in time.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#57 : March 23, 2008, 04:23:19 PM

Please look at my bolded, italicized statement again. All I'm saying is that based on what we know right NOW, if you had to put out a line on Pryor getting to the NFL based on previous results, the odds would be in Tressel's favor at this point in time.

I understand what you are saying.  That logic just doesn't work to well in football.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#58 : March 24, 2008, 08:30:37 PM

Pryor has a lot of work to do. So anyone who thinks he will be guarantee pro hasnt watched him. He still constantly throws off his back foot and played at a low level of high school ball. He still needs quite a bit of coaching

LFO

Hall of Famer

#59 : March 24, 2008, 08:34:48 PM

you got a link for that?

That is fine with Rodriguez, who has shown a willingness to share the offense with fellow coaches during spring practice, as long as their teams are not on his schedule. Florida�s Urban Meyer, Carroll�s Mike Van Diest and Appalachian State�s Jerry Moore visited Rodriguez for tutorials in the last few years.

The spread is spreading � just check the trophy cases.

Umm, I don't think Rodriquez taught Meyer the spread, Matt.  They are good friends.  Meyer wasn't there learning anything, maybe discussing different things about the spread, but not "teaching."  Do you see the date that article was written?  Well after Meyer went undefeated at Utah and the NC at Florida.

Coaches often sit in with other coaches and bounce ideas. Spurrier used to talk X's and O's with other coaches all the time.  His take was he will discuss plays and X's and O's all day long, but teaching implementation is another thing.

Belechek has visited with Meyer in recent years, and they are good friends.  Jim Leavitt was at the UF practice on Friday.   Dan Hawkins, head FBC at Colorado, attended practices at UF last year as did Rutgers coach Greg Schiano. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where do you think Pryor will end up? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools