Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all that predicted a Patriot blow out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

4bucs

Hall of Famer
: February 04, 2008, 06:08:40 AM

Ha ha ha....defense still wins the big games and the Giants ...if they played mistake free would have not needed the late dramatics to win this game...it was clearly their defense shutting down the Pats offense...the front 4 putting pressure on Brady made him look like any other QB under prtessure....he made throws to nobody many times...with pressure on him at the goal line he threw blindly to the sideline and was lucky the ball fell incomplete as there were 3 giants there and not a patriot in sight and would have been a walk in td...wonder why the refs didn't throw the flag on that play ...there was no pat anywhere near and he was in the pocket.
     How about all those expert predictions...take the over....lay the points ....12 ha,ha,ha Ilove it...can't wait to hear Dumig worm his way out of this one ...after inferring all week it looks like an over bet and he had a big 5to2 on the PATS ...HE'LL PROBABLY SAY AT THE LAST MINUTE HE PICKED THE GIANTS AND THE UNDER....thats what you get for calling the giants an inferior team when they beat the Bucs...hope you lost a bundle...remember never spit up in the air ...it comes back in your face.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 04, 2008, 06:13:33 AM

HE'LL PROBABLY SAY AT THE LAST MINUTE HE PICKED THE GIANTS AND THE UNDER....

You can bet on that.   LOL!   He'll rant and rave all week about something, be proven wrong, then tell some BS story about how some inside info at the last second completely changed his opinion and he knew it was going to happen.   Too funny.    What a Loohoo zeher.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 04, 2008, 06:34:12 AM

Resting your starters vs. playing to win at the end of the year.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 04, 2008, 06:51:42 AM

You have to be the best team at the end. The Pats were the best team through 17 games. They got lucky to beat a banged-up SD team but not so much vs. the Giants.
Belichick tried to maneuver things so his team could peak late, but too many things worked against him: law of averages, Moss' off-the-field issues and then inevitably a bad matchup. Any team with a great pass rush has a puncher's chance against a throwing team. He didn't run enough (48 pass, 16 run), the NE o-line had an off-game and eventually the Giants wanted it more.

In Verner We Trust

#4 : February 04, 2008, 07:52:20 AM

where was all this Giant love BEFORE the game?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 04, 2008, 07:57:51 AM

I find this to be pretty freaking hilarious......

Who didn't think that the Pats would win? There was no good argument that you could make fot the Giants winning the game.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 04, 2008, 08:06:04 AM

My money had it. I put my money where my mouth was

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : February 04, 2008, 08:32:03 AM

Anyone that follows football and watch the earlier Pats/NYG game knew that this one could go either way. 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 04, 2008, 08:47:12 AM

Anyone that follows football and watch the earlier Pats/NYG game knew that this one could go either way.
Anyone who watched football this year, and had any sense at all, expected a Pats win.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 04, 2008, 08:49:19 AM

Yeah, it there weren't any of these threads before the game.

I picked a Pats "blowed out" and love watching history, to see a 19-0 team in my lifetime would have been something. Great game for the Giants, they played a damn good game.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : February 04, 2008, 08:50:40 AM

Anyone who watched football this year, and had any sense at all, expected a Pats win.

This is true. They were a 2 TD fav, but the Pats had several games near the end of their season that we very close including the NYG game.  I predicted a NE win, but wasn't surprised whatsoever when they lost. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 04, 2008, 08:53:31 AM

id like to know how many took the giants money line.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 04, 2008, 09:04:42 AM

This is true. They were a 2 TD fav, but the Pats had several games near the end of their season that we very close including the NYG game. I predicted a NE win, but wasn't surprised whatsoever when they lost.
This is football, so the Giants win wasn't out of the realm of reason, but I was (and still am) damn surprised that the Giants won.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 04, 2008, 09:23:59 AM

Once again, people on this site continue the "I knew it all along" on upsets. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : February 04, 2008, 10:39:11 AM

I thought New England was going to win, but with a front 4 on defense like the Giants have they evened it out, the Patriots losing Stephen Neal hurt them badly. We are still a LONG way off from being back where the Giants and the Patriots are.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all that predicted a Patriot blow out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools