Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all that predicted a Patriot blow out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Snook

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 04, 2008, 10:43:28 AM

I thought New England was going to win, but with a front 4 on defense like the Giants have they evened it out, the Patriots losing Stephen Neal hurt them badly. We are still a LONG way off from being back where the Giants and the Patriots are.

A "LONG" way off from being where the Giants are?  Hardly...

Keep in mind that the Giants were a 8-8 team last year with an average offense and a below average defense.  NO team is that far off from a Super Bowl title in today's NFL.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : February 04, 2008, 10:48:34 AM

Snook, I'm sorry but we are a long ways off from them, we have no QB, we have no Plaxico Burress receiver, we STILL have John Wade, we have no defensive line like they do and our linebackers are behind theirs.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 04, 2008, 10:49:39 AM

Alvin, we can fix that in one off season. 

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 04, 2008, 10:57:17 AM

Franchise QB. Franchise WR. A Center. A Dline that can generate league leading sacks. Linebackers that can shut down the run game.

Oh ya. of course. One offseason No problem.

Put down madden.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : February 04, 2008, 11:04:07 AM

Do you think the Mannings were proud? Especially Achie Manning?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : February 04, 2008, 11:05:23 AM

I found it very interesting whenever Fox showed Peyton's reactions while watching the game. It appeared that he was sitting alone in that VIP suite, watching the game.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 04, 2008, 11:08:46 AM

our linebackers are behind theirs.

Torbor, Mitchell, and Pierce are better than June, Ruud, and Brooks?  C'mon, Ghost, don't expect anybody to respect your opinion when you post crap like that.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 04, 2008, 11:09:44 AM

Snook, I'm sorry but we are a long ways off from them, we have no QB, we have no Plaxico Burress receiver, we STILL have John Wade, we have no defensive line like they do and our linebackers are behind theirs.

Giants could've EASILY said those same things last off-season...  And probably did.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 04, 2008, 11:11:17 AM

Franchise QB. Franchise WR. A Center. A Dline that can generate league leading sacks. Linebackers that can shut down the run game.

Oh ya. of course. One offseason No problem.

Put down madden.
And corners who don't give a 10 yard cushion on every play.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 04, 2008, 11:12:48 AM

our linebackers are behind theirs.

Torbor, Mitchell, and Pierce are better than June, Ruud, and Brooks? C'mon, Ghost, don't expect anybody to respect your opinion when you post crap like that.
Goes to show you how little linebackers affect a game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 04, 2008, 11:15:27 AM

I think that depends on your strengths...and then your schemes.  The Giants' strength is their D-Line, so they don't have to rely on many linebackers blitzing.  That was my whole grip with Monte this year.  Our D-Line was our weakness, and he would wouldn't adjust his scheme to use one of our strengths by blitzing more.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 04, 2008, 11:18:49 AM

I think that depends on your strengths...and then your schemes. The Giants' strength is their D-Line, so they don't have to rely on many linebackers blitzing. That was my whole grip with Monte this year. Our D-Line was our weakness, and he would wouldn't adjust his scheme to use one of our strengths by blitzing more.
Yeah, 3-4 outside linebackers are the exception because they function like a 4-3 defensive end. Regarding the Bucs, most of the linebackers are on the small side. They're not built to fight through blocks. Tough spot for Monte to be in.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 04, 2008, 11:29:17 AM

Well, hopefully on a blitz, you can get somebody unblocked...that is the idea, so size wouldn't matter as long as you could tackle.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#28 : February 04, 2008, 11:32:09 AM

Well, hopefully on a blitz, you can get somebody unblocked...that is the idea, so size wouldn't matter as long as you could tackle.

I remember us blitzing LBs and it getting picked up way to often. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 04, 2008, 11:34:46 AM

exactly Clint.  The cover 2 is not about blitzing LB, it's about blitzing safeties and corners.  By blitzing LB, you leave a hole the size of Texas in the middle of the field that a Pop Warner QB would see.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all that predicted a Patriot blow out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools