Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all that predicted a Patriot blow out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 04, 2008, 11:44:24 AM

That's the point, fellas. 

Sometimes you need to change your scheme.  The Cover 2 is great when you have D-Lineman who get the QB on just a 4-man rush.  But when the D-Line isn't the strength of your football team, you might need to adjust the defense to those strengths.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#31 : February 04, 2008, 11:48:07 AM

Yeah... I was just saying that maybe last year our best bet was to sit in coverage and rush 3 or 4.  If it stays that way I will be really upset. 

carlrix

Rookie

#32 : February 04, 2008, 12:10:07 PM

i backed the giants [plus 12.5] and straight up!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 04, 2008, 12:24:58 PM

Laugh all you want to about us picking the Pat's blow out. Yes the Giants played a great game defensively, but you can't sit there and tell me that you honestly thought the Giants defense would have played them as well as they did.  The did everything right and Eli played mistake free, which if you ask me was the main reason they won this football game. Had it not been for ONE clutch play by Eli scrambling out of the pocket and shedding tackles to then step up and throw a high ball to David Tyree, and Tyree making a circus catch the Giants would have never won this game. Plain and simple. It definately was one hell of a game. Couldn't have asked for a better superbowl.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 04, 2008, 12:39:59 PM

I found it very interesting whenever Fox showed Peyton's reactions while watching the game. It appeared that he was sitting alone in that VIP suite, watching the game.

He was in an NBC box with a bunch of suits. Most probably figure he wouldn't care to discuss how to disect the NE Defense with him. They were probably right.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 04, 2008, 12:45:28 PM

That's the point, fellas.

Sometimes you need to change your scheme. The Cover 2 is great when you have D-Lineman who get the QB on just a 4-man rush. But when the D-Line isn't the strength of your football team, you might need to adjust the defense to those strengths.

The Bucs entire defense....personnel, scheme, etc.....is predicated on pressure on the QB. It does not allow for many blitzing schemes. The Bucs need to upgrade the DL personnel not change their defense.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 04, 2008, 12:47:34 PM

Franchise QB.
Funny how he was just a "mediocre QB" before the playoffs. (not saying that was your opinion)

Runole

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 04, 2008, 01:03:32 PM

While I thought the Patriots would win, I didn't discount the possibility that the Giants could win. After all they only played about a month ago and the Pats only won by 3.

It is the NFL and the difference between winning and losing usually comes down to the execution on a couple of plays.

Patriots certainly had opportunities that could have won them the game likewise the Giants had theirs.

Really it was a great game with the only losers being the one's that felt that it would be impossible for the Giants to win.

Great game!  Some"over the top" Patriot fans are getting a huge dose of humble pie.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#38 : February 04, 2008, 01:06:36 PM

I was cheering for the Giants but expected the Patriots to win. 

Glad it turned out as it did...for once the game was better than the commercials (except the bucs SB, that was the best game ever, well so far)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 04, 2008, 01:07:36 PM

The Bucs entire defense....personnel, scheme, etc.....is predicated on pressure on the QB. It does not allow for many blitzing schemes. The Bucs need to upgrade the DL personnel not change their defense.

I'm not saying to change the defense, Ryan.  I'm saying that it should have been recognized that the D-Line does not have the personnel to get constant pressure on the QB.  Utilize the Linebackers and Secondary instead of relying on the D-Line.

When you don't have the personnel to run the scheme...maybe you adjust your scheme to your personnel.  Just my opinion.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 04, 2008, 01:26:59 PM

Giants big fatties beat up the Pats big fatties, and the better team yesterday won the game.  Suspect the better team this past year was the Pats - but that is not the way a tournament works.

Who expected the Giants to win - well all those who bet the game even or got odds to bet the Giants but no points can go to the front of the class.  Me - I got kicked out of that class.  Huge flippin' upset.  Tremendous game. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 04, 2008, 01:38:55 PM

where was all this Giant love BEFORE the game?

You've got to be kidding! Did you already forget the thread that YOU started?

Read up, folks...

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=19165.0

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#42 : February 04, 2008, 01:54:57 PM

I was cheering for the Giants but expected the Patriots to win. 

Glad it turned out as it did...for once the game was better than the commercials (except the bucs SB, that was the best game ever, well so far)

Me too. I actually cheered when the NYG scored that last TD.

And I don't know why (said in my best robin leech impersonation)

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 04, 2008, 02:01:42 PM

I was hoping to see history but the Giants deserved to win.  A few things I hope we as Bucs can learn from this is #1)D-line is the MOST important aspect of defense. Doesn't matter how good secondary is if you can't rush the passer. #2) Our D coordinators have to be more creative with their blitzing. Montes blitz packages suck, no other way to put it.#3) Gruden has to coach to win every game regardless of players. It would have been one thing if our offense was clicking, but to rest players that aren't playing well is rediculous. IMO, we don't need alot to step up to the next level. A center, another DE and DT and a playmaker WR and we could hang with anyone.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 04, 2008, 02:05:57 PM

Well I agree with #1 buccanay - 2 is questionable and 3 depends on what players you are talking about and their general health...  but whatever.

And yea, a Center, DE, DT and WR would move the bucs up - would like another (second) rb and a (second) TE as well.   

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all that predicted a Patriot blow out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools