Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

#225 : November 27, 2006, 04:24:35 PM

He really DIDNT have his chance. He got hurt early in the season....really did he get his chance?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#226 : November 27, 2006, 04:26:00 PM

He really DIDNT have his chance. He got hurt early in the season....really did he get his chance?

No but Ramsey never had a fair shake in Washington either.  Leftwich has yet to come back as the starter in Jacksonville I believe.  Leftwich, Ramsey, and Simms (all three QB's with big arms and slow deliveries) may be available in the off season.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#227 : November 27, 2006, 04:27:49 PM

stats whatever the hell you want to pull, this team stands a better chance of winning games with Simms behind the helm.

Yeah he had a nightmare first 3 games. He did manage to direct a team in 05 that many thought would be 6-10 to a division title and dropped TD catch away from winning a playoff game. I think he should be back JMHO.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#228 : November 27, 2006, 04:33:24 PM

3 games, not like he had mediocre games. He had 3 awful games, I mean rotten, terrible games. The thing is his stats aren't as painful as those games were when you watched them because he was worse. You can't be that on and off as an NFL QB where you just lay down 3 consecutive stink bombs in your 4th year.

Good points and you are right, you can't do that in year 4, its embarassing.

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#229 : November 27, 2006, 04:37:08 PM

this team stands a better chance of winning games with Simms behind the helm.

Based on?

gone

Hall of Famer
#230 : November 27, 2006, 04:42:33 PM

this team stands a better chance of winning games with Simms behind the helm.

Based on?
I love how people Think Simms was great last year.  He was mediocre at best.  Greise had a better record running this team last year.  We got to the playoffs on a weak schedule and a good D.  Simms has never done anything to justify the mad love he gets...

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#231 : November 27, 2006, 04:49:06 PM

Bruce will be at worst the back up next year because he is dirt cheap and already has experience running Gruden's system.  I think the major decision is how much to spend on a Vet to come in and compete with Bruce for the job.  OR do you draft someone like Troy Smith with the idea that Bruce is the starter and/or will compete with McCown.

I'd prefer bringing in a vet but not for huge $$$$.

gone

Hall of Famer
#232 : November 27, 2006, 04:50:40 PM

I would be very surprised if it was NOT one of them, or McCown.  Who is a realistic FA that could come in and start RIGHT AWAY and be a SIGNIFIGANT improvement?  And do that without taking such a big bit out of our cap that we don't end up neglecting other positions that are also big issues?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#233 : November 27, 2006, 05:00:36 PM

C. None of the Above - because it would not shock me in the least if neither player was starting for the Bucs next year.

And it shouldn't shock anyone, really. The position is not settled for next season by a longshot. There may be a "frontrunner" but that's only because of current circumstances. As we all know, circumstances change.
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools