Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU admits to being cheats « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 34

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 15, 2008, 05:19:11 PM

Hey Snook...it's your fellow Seminoles, Fresh and BornaRunole, who are bringing the other schools in this conversation...not Gator fans.

C'mon Biggs, the original poster threw down the gauntlet and FSU fans just accepted the challenge .... It wasn't some innocent thread starter. It was meant to stir up crap and it did ....

You're right...I didn't even read his post until now.  I just read the article in the link.  My bad, Snook.

But, hey, we Gators do get to gloat a little, right?  45-12 anybody?  ;)

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 15, 2008, 06:46:25 PM

But, hey, we Gators do get to gloat a little, right?  45-12 anybody?  ;)

Yes, Gator fans finally have something to back up their decades of obnoxious behavior ...  ::)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 15, 2008, 07:05:08 PM

Ahh, BBB, let the jealousy go, my friend.

Either that, you have come across some real a-holes.  ;)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 15, 2008, 08:40:50 PM

It was a tough class.  Here is one of the questions to the test:

36.) Which of the following musicians is most recent?

a.) Chopin
b.) Beethoven
c.) Bach
d.) Tupac

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 15, 2008, 08:44:37 PM

Are you serious?

If so, I stand corrected.  BornaRunole, you are right...there is no reason students at FSU should take THAT class.  They call that Music History at FSU, huh?

What a joke.

ibis

Rookie

#20 : February 15, 2008, 09:58:05 PM

Just some insight, and I certainly dont know everything on this subject, but here are my thoughts.  It was brought up that UM nor FSU self reported.  Not true.  In the past teams like Tennessee, FAMU and others were caught so to speak.  I dont think UF was caught but I may be wrong.  I know UM self reported and did the same thing FSU has done by making a penalty recommendation.  These schools found the problem and became proactive in notifying the NCAA.  Due to the severity of UM's at the time the recommendation was denied.  FSU's will more than likely be as recommended because the days of those type of penalties are over for the NCAA.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 15, 2008, 10:50:59 PM

Ahh, BBB, let the jealousy go, my friend.

Either that, you have come across some real a-holes.  ;)

My disdain goes back before there was anything to be jealous of, so, obviously, your second sentence hit the proverbial nail on the head.   ;)

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 16, 2008, 02:25:04 AM

Self- imposed sanctions... Novel concept.. Has UF or UM ever done this?

JMO but all this over an elective music course is a bit over -reactive IMO however it certainly can't be said that FSU tried to bury anything.. 

Heck, even gator homer Bianchi praises FSU... Of course with the obligatory to bs concerning the "footlocker" with no mention of Tank Black..    Will Bianchi ever do a piece on UF's academic standards it holds its athletes to?

Link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bianchi1508feb15,0,648403.column

#1 Bianchi is and never will be a Gator Homer.

As for Tank Black, it is good you mention him.  Do the names Peter Warrick and Lammar Glenn Ring a bell?

It is so funny to see FSU homers bring up Tank so much, yet they fail to recall the fact that he touched FSU's team as well (and also UM and several other teams), and those are just 2 of the people he was linked to.  Who knows how many it was really, Travis Minor was driving Escalades around that time as well.  Fact is Tank was a schister and UF was commended and used as an example of COMPLIANCE with regards to what a school should do. 

As far as FSU's "self imposed sanctions" go, bravo, they came up with some crap to try and act like they are tough.  Fact is they initially tried to cover up the incident given that they originally reported just 2 football players yet in the end the number grew by nearly 20.  It's funny because players like Geno Hayes were implicated yet they graduated so what about him?  Why doesn't he get punished?  Then look at FSU's convenient scheduling of not one but TWO D2 teams to start the season and one can see what FSU was really trying to do.  I guess the fact that Bobby B pleaded to get all his D2 wins from Samford included in his race against Joe Pa no one should be surprised at FSU's tactics to hide and now divert the suspensions to allow Bobby to win the most games and keep bowl streaks alive.

61 student athletes CHEATING is lack of institutional control if I have ever seen it.  Covering it up is even worse.  FSU will likely skate but reality is they have covered this up from day one and if not for Bobby Bowden they would be looking at forfeiting  games, loss of TV, bowls, etc.

ibis

Rookie

#23 : February 16, 2008, 08:56:59 AM

I cant say the whole scheduling thing is not a poor move.  I read some quotes from Bowden about not having enough scholorships playing so they needed some pushovers.  And the condrundum was they were forced to pick an ACC team for the third game and who would be best under the conditions of the probation.  Bowdens quotes really made him look like all he cared about was the easy road during this situation.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 16, 2008, 11:05:43 PM

:-

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 22, 2008, 04:57:35 PM

Trash?  odd term...  While I don't think the gators run a clean program, I don't think they are trash. Although seeing some of their fan base, I guess you could make that observation. (not the ones that actually attended UF)

Congrats on the 4 game winning streak..  Wouldn't it be nice to have such a 4 year streak against UM?  Too bad UF lacks the nads to play them every year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 21, 2008, 03:52:36 PM

Interesting...

Now back to current day news...

BornaRunole at his finest.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 21, 2008, 05:07:29 PM

:-

That is a most interesting reply?  So is he a homer or isn't he a homer? 

Bianchi is and always will be a Gator homer.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 21, 2008, 05:09:35 PM

Classic repetitive "blather" from one trick pony

That's rich...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 22, 2008, 02:57:41 PM

Classic repetitive "blather" from one trick pony

That's rich...

Game, set, match!  Thanks for proving my point!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 34
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU admits to being cheats « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools