Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did you hear what I heard? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: December 05, 2006, 12:28:21 PM

Reading too much into it...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 05, 2006, 12:31:37 PM

Surely there were others who heard Gruden's newsconference this morning. I thought I would 'scoop' Duemig who asked many of the questions today.

Gruden made reference to "the Buccaneers ... next year." Not "our" team, not "we", but "the Buccaneers". Now that is strange language for a head coach to make if he is planning on being with the team next year. Sounds like to me he doesn't plan on being here. When a caller to the Ron and Ian Show made mention of it, Ian said he didn't hear it. Hell, he never hears anything as he is the absolute worst prepared talk show host in town. Anyway, sounds to me like JG is not going to be at the helm of the Pirate Ship.

He was saying how "these good fans pay good money to come see their buccaneers" after the 1st game debacle against Balitmore. I wouldn't read anything into this.

Baghead #2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 04, 2006, 10:27:49 PM

its the case of hearing what you want to hear.  Most only hear the things that are similar with their own mind set.  I don't see him leaving.  The staff finally has what it's been waiting for ... a new facility, picks and money to play in FA.  If they don't succeed next year, then and only then will change even be considered IMO.

#3 : December 04, 2006, 07:25:12 PM

Not sure what the original poster here was listening to, but I listened to the tape twice and heard nothing from Gruden to suggest he  wants to be anywhere but Tampa.

I think maybe you sometimes hear only what you WANT to hear.

Translation:  There's a difference between HEARING and LISTENING.

#4 : December 04, 2006, 06:59:41 PM

Even if Gruden was planning to leave, or be fired, he wouldnt make it so obvious in a press conference 13 weeks into the season. You are looking for somethign thats not there

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 04, 2006, 04:00:02 PM

Gruden rebuilt Oakland quickly and they eventually went deep in the playoffs.

Sometimes coaches just end up in a bad place and somtimes franchises become cursed.  Griese was doing ok last year and then blows out a knee.  Simms comes in and lays eggs but starts picking it up and everyone thinks he's the future QB for the franchise.  After a whole offseason and training camp as the starter he goes out and stinks out loud before he suffers a season ending injury.

I think Gruden is close to being done in Tampa but he will show up somewhere else and have great success if he gets the right pieces in place to run his system.  In Oakland he took Gannon from being a journeyman to perennial All Pro. 

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 04, 2006, 06:14:03 PM

...Splitting hairs.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 04, 2006, 03:55:45 PM

The worst thing I heard was the sort of ho-hum attitude about the losing. "Sometimes you have to take a step back to take a step forward". Well no wonder the players are giving up this sort of effort, they're just taking a step back to go forward.

He also mentioned he showed guys Brooks and Lynch tape as rookies to show them how they made mistakes. I semi-understand this but doesn't that just say it is ok to be s screw up because you can turn out ok like them?

Those things I didn't like, along with the usual braying about injuries.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 04, 2006, 03:47:38 PM

I didnt hear what you heard.

Q-tips do wonders...

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

#9 : December 04, 2006, 03:34:49 PM

Thanks Rich, if that's your real name.  Are you one of those delusional fans that thinks I work for a radio station?

I'm just a normal bald headed guy that loves the bucs, and goes to the games with my mom. 

Why don't you tell us where you're from, your career, and what you think about their future?  Do you have to wear shades? 

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 04, 2006, 03:36:49 PM

We'll see.  Honestly, I think this is the perfect time for a change.

I actually agree.. Are offense which is his specialty is young and stocked up. I think we need a defensive minded head coach... Only problem is Bruce Allen goes with Jon OUCH!!!

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 04, 2006, 03:41:44 PM

You know if it's true Gruden wants out and Coughlin gets fired in NY,  the Giants would be the perfect place for him to wind up. They remind me alot of us in 2002. If you want a coach to put a team that is already constructed and just needs a guy to put them over the edge Gruden is your guy. However, I'm beginning to think that if you're a franchise in transition he might not be the right fit. This offseason could be one of the most interesting in some time.

richbucsfan

Starter

#12 : December 04, 2006, 02:48:33 PM

Hi Lloyd Grant, Welcome to the Red Board.  It can be a fun place.  It can be an annoying place.  Tell us about yourself ... where you're from, your career, what you think about the Bucs future.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 04, 2006, 02:44:41 PM

It wasn't the Big Flop asking the questions. I'm not sure who it was but know it wasn't Duemig.

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

#14 : December 04, 2006, 02:39:07 PM

If it's true, I think Gruden would be a fool to be so bold about leaving the team.  It would make him look like a quitter to other owners who might hire him.  i think he should go, but do not think he would be so bold as to broadcast it at a buccaneer press conference. 

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did you hear what I heard? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools