Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms vs Gradkowski « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucfn126

Second String
: December 03, 2006, 11:45:54 AM

I thinks its smart for the Bucs to try and lock up Simms. I would love to see this training camp battle and feel that it would help elevate both of their levels of play.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 03, 2006, 11:54:06 AM

I think it would be smart to delete this thread.  Just post it on one of the billion other Simms v Grads threads

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#2 : December 03, 2006, 12:14:42 PM

I think it would be smart to delete this thread. Just post it on one of the billion other Simms v Grads threads

Yes i agree

look at it this way

Simms played in 4 games, threw 7 INT's, gradkowski has played in 7 games and has 6 Int's

not saying grads is better but that means that simms isnt better imo

buckit

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 03, 2006, 12:43:50 PM

Gradkowski needs at least another season on the bench.  I can't say I'm all that convinced he could beat out Simms for the job.  I do LOVE his mobility, though.  But it is clear the light hasn't exactly come on for the kid yet.  I was at the Dallas game, and I noted that he made some very quesionable (to put it nicely) reads and some very poor decisions.  Typical rookie, though.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bucswin5540

Second String

#4 : December 03, 2006, 01:25:04 PM

The Bucs would be smart to dump both Simms and Gradkowski. Neither is going to be a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 03, 2006, 01:27:27 PM

Simms was an absolute trainwreck this season, good riddance...

Grads, the verdict is still out, personally, I'd like to go in a new direction all together at QB...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 17, 2006, 12:04:08 PM

Simms got off to a slow start, but looked damn good VS the Panthers before he ruptured his spleen.  He seemed to recapture that magic that he had last season.  IMO, he's a better QB than Grads.  At least at the moment.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 17, 2006, 12:05:44 PM

c. none of the above

Warhorse

Second String

#8 : December 17, 2006, 12:28:18 PM

The answer at QB is not currently on the roster.

Sims can be a starter in the NFL, imo, but he doesn't have the skill set Gruden wants in a QB.

If Gradkowski could throw an accurate deep ball and hit his guys in stride...he would be perfect for Gruden. Unfortunately, that remains to be seen.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 17, 2006, 12:53:29 PM

I believe if Simms would have played longer he would have been better.

You all know how well he played in the Panthers game.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 17, 2006, 12:59:58 PM

You all know how well he played in the Panthers game.

I give the guy a lot of credit for playing in obvious pain but he was 13/24 139 yds. 1 TD 1 INT.  This is almost like an urban legend or fish tale in that his performance gets better and better as time goes on.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 17, 2006, 01:02:44 PM

Did you WATCH the game?  His pick came early on, but then he begin to light it up...he was a head case for a few games, but he's got talent

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

#12 : December 17, 2006, 01:12:52 PM

Grads flat out STINKS right now, and I would love to not hear his name for the next 2-3 years
while he is buried deep on the bench somewhere.  [banghead]

bucshot224

Second String

#13 : December 17, 2006, 01:22:13 PM

The answer at QB is not currently on the roster.

Sims can be a starter in the NFL, imo, but he doesn't have the skill set Gruden wants in a QB.

If Gradkowski could throw an accurate deep ball and hit his guys in stride...he would be perfect for Gruden. Unfortunately, that remains to be seen.
Gruden probably won't be here much longer. Unless we have a good season next year, he'll be gone. IMO, Simms is the guy Gruden will need in order to stick around. He'll just have to change his playcalling a lilttle bit.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 17, 2006, 01:37:46 PM

They both are horrible. Please God, let us draft Brady Quinn or a QB with Franchise QB type skills.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms vs Gradkowski « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools