Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boy, we really DO stink « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: December 03, 2006, 06:43:08 PM

I love my Buccaneers. I love them so, so much. That's why it hurts so much to watch this sort of thing.

They stink. They ALL stink. Once in a while somebody makes a play, and that's about it.

We stop the run, and teams can pass on us at will. We limit the pass, and they can run it down our throat. We make nice gains on the ground and fumble the ball away. We have guys open and can't get them the ball, and then we put the ball right in their hands wide open on their way to the end zone and they can't catch it.

Ah, well. Here's looking forward to the offseason and a high draft pick.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#1 : December 03, 2006, 06:44:39 PM

pretty much...

I'm gonna grab a beer anyone else want one?

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 03, 2006, 06:45:14 PM

I love my Buccaneers. I love them so, so much. That's why it hurts so much to watch this sort of thing.

They stink. They ALL stink. Once in a while somebody makes a play, and that's about it.

We stop the run, and teams can pass on us at will. We limit the pass, and they can run it down our throat. We make nice gains on the ground and fumble the ball away. We have guys open and can't get them the ball, and then we put the ball right in their hands wide open on their way to the end zone and they can't catch it.

You just summed up what makes a bad team, Dan. It's gonna be a relief to see this season end; I see Free Agency being much more exciting than anything our Bucs have shown us this year.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

bucswin5540

Second String

#3 : December 03, 2006, 06:46:11 PM

DanTurksGhost: Thank you for stating the obvious. It is ok to say that we stink. I am glad someone here agrees with me!

bucswin5540

Second String

#4 : December 03, 2006, 06:46:38 PM

It might make everyone feel a little better to state the obvious.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 03, 2006, 06:47:00 PM

This is the first game that I'm glad I'm only listening to and not watching.   If I had to see what I'm hearing the beer would be gone and I would probably have to get a new TV.   I don't think I can support Clayton being the #2 receiver anymore.  Grads is making rookie mistake one after another and is not showing signs of improving.  

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : December 03, 2006, 06:49:30 PM

To sum it up, it just looks lik ethe team has lost it's identity. They aren't the uber good defensive teams of old. they can't pound the rock. They haven't made the transition to an average offense. The playmakers aren't making plays. We aren't anything but bad, but hey I knew it would happen at some point. Here's to next year...

#7 : December 03, 2006, 06:52:48 PM

DanTurksGhost: Thank you for stating the obvious. It is ok to say that we stink. I am glad someone here agrees with me!
What you are clearly too simpleminded to grasp is that everyone here can see that we stink. And there's nothing wrong with saying the obvious. There is, however, plenty wrong with starting thread after thread that offers no insight or analysis only We Suck, We Suck, We Suck like some kind of teenage drama queen. Take a deep breath, try to get your emotions in check and then see if you can contribute something.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 03, 2006, 07:01:32 PM

I love my Buccaneers.

They stink. They ALL stink.

You started out good, then you tried to elaborate. That was a mistake.  I have edited your post accordingly. I hope you don't mind. 

I think the words above sum it up completely and any added words don't serve any purpose except to take away from the original ones.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 03, 2006, 07:04:34 PM

Good thread.  Its so sad to watch.  Even against Pittsburgh who isn't very good this year, they struggle.

The Steelers get a much needed lift.  It must be nice to play a team this bad.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 03, 2006, 07:07:42 PM

It's just one person always making a mistake.  Inconsistency across the board.  It really is tough to watch.  Losing is like a disease.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#11 : December 03, 2006, 08:03:42 PM

I wouldn't say 100%.

and they did beat a good Saints team. PIT isn't as bad as their record, but they're still bad. We're just much worse.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 03, 2006, 08:07:45 PM

Grads is making rookie mistake one after another and is not showing signs of improving.   

A rookie making rookie mistakes? Who would have thunk it?

Actually, the pass the Clayton was perfect and he had some other good throws and runs. Potential is
there.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#13 : December 03, 2006, 08:09:48 PM

Grads is making rookie mistake one after another and is not showing signs of improving.   

Actually, the pass the Clayton was perfect and he had some other good throws and runs. Potential is
there.

If the potential is there, shouldn't he be showing improvement over the course of the season, as opposed to regressing which he is doing?

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#14 : December 03, 2006, 08:11:38 PM

there.

If the potential is there, shouldn't he be showing improvement over the course of the season, as opposed to regressing which he is doing?

Actually no. Rookie QB are prone to roller coaster up and down performances. Prior to Grads 1st start, dal had some stats up from many recent rookie QBs that showed that trend
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boy, we really DO stink « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools