Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Game Grades « previous next »
Page: 1

: December 05, 2006, 10:06:51 AM

I'm not sure how a 3 INT performance merits a C+ which implies above average. That's an "F" day at the office by any measure becuase nothing else you do matters when you screw the pooch on those 3 turnovers.

I certainly agree.  I suppose I'm giving him a pass because of his being so young and not getting anything out of his supporting cast.  It's rough to call a rookie QB out when he has 6 passes dropped, though.  The pick to Stovall was on Stovall's lazy route as much as on Grads, and he threw a pick in junk time.  He was under relentless pressure the whole game.  I could give him a C -, though, that would be completely fair.  He did not play well.

#1 : December 05, 2006, 10:23:39 AM

You are struggling with the rookie QB grade vs. NFL QB grade and those two things are always difficult because you are not grading on the same scale. It is hard to explain how utterly meaningless rookie stats are and how bad they should look at times.

Ok, I'll agree with that, but I still don't think that the grade given is out of the ball park of what it should be, considering the performance of the offense around him.  He made some good throws, even making two good throws that, on a team with receivers who know the meaning of "to receive", would have been sure TDs.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 05, 2006, 10:19:55 AM

You are struggling with the rookie QB grade vs. NFL QB grade and those two things are always difficult because you are not grading on the same scale. It is hard to explain how utterly meaningless rookie stats are and how bad they should look at times.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 05, 2006, 09:20:14 AM

I'm not sure how a 3 INT performance merits a C+ which implies above average. That's an "F" day at the office by any measure becuase nothing else you do matters when you screw the pooch on those 3 turnovers.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#4 : December 05, 2006, 08:32:55 AM

PR doesn't exactly agree witrh you.

Why?  Are you their spokesperson?

insiders get to see PR game grades from professional sports writers. Karen is clinging to that now because they gave Grads a 'D', but she disputes their opinion of the O-line when it suits her.
Very tacky.  I simply stated the grades from PR were different.

I think you long ago lost the right to call someone else's post "tacky".  If you have something to bring to the conversation, I'd love to hear it, but so far it seems you don't have anything to say.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2006, 11:31:25 PM

insiders get to see PR game grades from professional sports writers.  Karen is clinging to that now because they gave Grads a 'D', but she disputes their opinion of the O-line when it suits her.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 04, 2006, 11:22:05 PM

I think you were a little easy on the grade of the WR's.  I would give them an F.  Clayton showed promise but he needs to deliver during crunch time.  Once Galloway retires somebody has to step up.  Ike who is reliable usually made a big mistake. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : December 04, 2006, 11:32:58 PM

insiders get to see PR game grades from professional sports writers. Karen is clinging to that now because they gave Grads a 'D', but she disputes their opinion of the O-line when it suits her.
Very tacky.  I simply stated the grades from PR were different.

#8 : December 03, 2006, 08:52:41 PM

There's no dousing the sting of this loss, really, as I thought that we did most of the things needed to win, but just couldn't convert on the scoreboard.  Anyway, these are my game grades:

QB: C +

Grads did some good things, and I don't think that the 3 picks reflected his performance.  He showed flashes on certian drives, throwing well downfield.  Running when he needed to.  However, he was not consistent.  Other times, he held the ball too long,but he was under extreme durress constantly as well.  He threw a bad ball on the first INT.  The second ball was, to my eyes, more of Stovall running a lazy route that Grads throwing poorly.  The third was another poor throw when he was pressing at the end of the game.  He was victimized by more drops.  Two TDs were dropped.  Another two on 3rd down were dropped.  Both would've been firsts.  The "C +" is a bit higher than you might think, considering his stats, but with so many other players making mistakes to derail drives, I pushed it up a bit.  There's not a lack of stuff to build on here, but...

I'm pulling for Gradkowski...and he needs to show something the rest of this year.

Receivers: D

Man.  Our receivers suck.  Clayton was looking GREAT.  Dropped a TD.  Ike dropped a TD.  Caddy dropped a pass on 3rd and 3.  Grads was great out there, but his receivers made him look a hell of a lot worse.

Backs: F

Dropped balls, fumbles.  Graham was our leading rusher.  F.

O-line: D

A difficult assignment for a young unit.  Still, it qas quite horrible.  No real running attack when it mattered, not really pass protecting in critical situations.

Defense: B -

Our offense put our defense in bad situations often, and our defense responded admirably, but you can't expect the defense to deliver a game in which our offense does absolutely nothing.  We stuffed the run all day, but couldn't get pressure on Roethlisberger.

Special Teams: B -

An incredible punt by Bidwell to the 1/2 yard line was a highlight.  He punted a couple quite poorly as well, though.  Hilliard is solid, not much more.  Bryant nailed a difficult kick on a high snap.  He's yet to miss since the 62-yarder.  Dare I say team MVP?  ;)

In short, what I see is a lack of execution on offense.  Once again, the plays were there, but missing Buenning hurt in the run game, and pass protection was horrid.  Across the whole offense, there's just no execution of the simple stuff.  No penalties.  Catch the ball.  Don't fumble.  Don't take the sack.  I get the feeling that it's not a problem with the actual players, just a lack of experience.  We can only hope.  :)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : December 03, 2006, 09:28:39 PM

#10 : December 04, 2006, 08:37:52 AM

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Game Grades « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools