Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troy Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2006, 12:24:23 PM

Scouts has him at 6'0" 200lbs.

I think he's listed 6'1" and you assume schools lie and he's more likely 6' or 5'11".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 05, 2006, 12:26:19 PM

I think he's listed 6'1" and you assume schools lie and he's more likely 6' or 5'11".

Exactly correct!

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 05, 2006, 12:23:52 PM

Anthony Davis > Leonard Davis IMVHO.

the problem is Davis = Davis, neither guy is really all that good.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#3 : December 05, 2006, 12:04:23 PM

Does anyone know Troy's true height? I've seen him listed at 5'11 by some people and 6'1 by others.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 05, 2006, 12:02:53 PM

Troy Smith has everything, I mean everything you want in a QB great arm, poise, big game performer, leader, except as Dal mentioned he is short and if you look at the rosters you don't see many 5'11" starting QB's. Personally if Troy Smith was there in R2 I would be upset if we passed on him. If people around here think Gradkowski COULD be the future at his height and coming from Toledo with the blemishes he has on his game, then how in the world could anyone think that Troy Smith who has unreal ability, comparable height, is faster, plays at a much higher level of comp. could not be the future? Yeah you are picking Grads in the 6th and Smith in the 2nd but who cares.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 05, 2006, 11:58:15 AM

^^^WTF? Quinn is going to be a pretty good starting QB IMO. What makes you think he's going to be a back-up? He's got all the physical traits and intangibles you need for a good QB. I like Troy Smith alot too and he might have a future as a starter if he works hard. His leadership skills might be unmatched in college football.

Leadership?? hahaha... Once Quinn is down by 2 scores he gives up. He is ESPN's second love child next to Troy Smith. I base talent off what I see in the games not what ESPN tells me.

He threw 5 TD's though against Michigan State in a miracle comeback. I'm not a big Quinn dude either but I think he will be the #1 QB picked.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 05, 2006, 11:54:46 AM

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 05, 2006, 12:06:54 PM

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 05, 2006, 10:28:34 AM

You know what? Go ahead and sign me up for the band wagon! Arizona has Leonard Davis remember? They might take a defensive player. Thier D is rather bad in the trenches. This is pretty good draft for early tackles so lets find our franchise LT!

Welcome aboard! Leonard Davis is a pending UFA, and may be another option at LT for the Bucs.

say no to the bust that is Leonard Davis.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 05, 2006, 10:06:11 AM

He might also be 5'11" and that's one of those moments you have to sit and wonder why there are no good 5'11" QB's in the league. His measurements will make a big difference for him.

simms22

Second String

#10 : December 05, 2006, 09:41:54 AM

Is Grads too short to suceed?  Troy has many more physical and intangible traits that the Bucs could use.

If they are willing to roll with Grads, then Troy is the improved model, IMO.

I would draft him, if he were available.

If I'm not mistaken, the question marks about Troy Smith are similar to those that Gradkowski has: arm strength, size.

Let's spend a first-rounder on him!
Arm strength is NOT an issue for troy smith, he has a cannon. IMO he would be an upgrade of gradkowski.... hes faster, has a better arm, has better accuracy.. i could go on and on.

#11 : December 05, 2006, 07:48:47 AM

^^^WTF? Quinn is going to be a pretty good starting QB IMO. What makes you think he's going to be a back-up? He's got all the physical traits and intangibles you need for a good QB. I like Troy Smith alot too and he might have a future as a starter if he works hard. His leadership skills might be unmatched in college football.

Leadership?? hahaha... Once Quinn is down by 2 scores he gives up. He is ESPN's second love child next to Troy Smith. I base talent off what I see in the games not what ESPN tells me.
Can you read? I said Troy Smith was a great leader.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 04, 2006, 09:49:38 PM

Troy Smith is good player!! i think..........? :)

define "good"   ???

Bucnation619

Second String

#13 : December 04, 2006, 09:48:32 PM

Troy Smith is good player!! i think..........? :)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 04, 2006, 07:16:39 PM

You know what? Go ahead and sign me up for the band wagon! Arizona has Leonard Davis remember? They might take a defensive player. Thier D is rather bad in the trenches. This is pretty good draft for early tackles so lets find our franchise LT!

Welcome aboard! Leonard Davis is a pending UFA, and may be another option at LT for the Bucs.

Well we're going to need someone to need something photoshopped to start our bandwagon!

Davis has looked less than stellar at LOT in Arizona.  A change of scenery might help, might not.  The Cards are one of the few teams with an OL worse than us...  if this guy was worth it they would probably re-sign him.  Reports I have read say Davis is a better fit at OG or possibly ROT.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troy Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools