Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eugene Wilson's commentary and attitude. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 14, 2008, 09:14:57 PM

I would believe PR who talked to Morris, who stated that he did want to play CB and that the reason he signed with TB over the reporters from the local fish rap.
i would belive what came out of wilsons' mouth over morris.  sure we convinced him to play, but that doesnt mean he wants to.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 14, 2008, 09:16:10 PM

The only thing you saw more often last season was a whole lot of Cover 3, which leaves either DJ or JP in the middle of the field with a deep zone responsibility. Kiffin himself said he used more Cover 3 last year than he ever had.

There really wasn't much 1v1 on obvious passing situations. That's not what we do.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 14, 2008, 09:16:30 PM

You are looking for negatives Sarasota - do you really think Wilson signed a contract for a position he doesn't want?  Really?  Frankly my read is that playing cb is at least part of what attracted him to the buccs.  (note the salary difference between cbs and safeties.)

if i couldnt find another competing team to go to, and no one would pay me more than us, then i would sign if they want me to play out of position.  i wouldnt like it, so i would make it a one year deal. and test the market the next year.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 14, 2008, 09:17:42 PM

We ran 1v1 most of last year? Okay...

So your saying that the Bucs Safeties were making all those plays last year because they were locked down in man coverage? Because if you are, then you have no idea how to watch the Tampa 2 develope.

Go watch some tapes brotha, yes Kiffin changed it up alot lost year, but the Safeties were almost always in Two Deep Zones. Almost Always! Thus the reason it's called the Tampa 2, as in TWO Deep Zones.

And when you run Two Deep Zones, the CB's play short to intermediate routes allowing them to concentrate on thier own zones and the ball more than the WR's lined up across from them because that is the job of the Safeties playing Two Deep Zones.

There wasn't a prodominate showing of Man 2 Man last year brotha, I don't what you were watching.
dude no... the cbs dont always play 5 yards off... what dont you get? this isnt highschool bud.

What the F are you talking about? Please, quote my ever saying that our CB's always play 5 yards off. Please, do it. You can't because I didn't. Bud.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#19 : March 14, 2008, 09:18:11 PM

I heard that he has embraced his CB role. So I don't know.

But I can't see us drafting a CB in the 1st and here's why: We do not need a spectacular talent to play 5 yard zone coverages thus we won't pay for one (Assante Samuel) and we haven't ever drafted a 1st round CB since Monte Kiffin has been here.

Point is, we don't need a 1st round talent at CB, we need 2nd-4th round talent there. (See Barber, Kelly, Abraham, D. Smith, etc.)
i dont know if you watched the games last year or not... but the tampa 2 is not as simple as that. we ran alot of man to man last year and that is the reason barber didnt have that well of a year. monte kiffin is not stupid. he would not keep the same D every year. he runs different stuff and trys stuff out (see 3-4 in the games last year)

anyway. this year watch where the dbacks go after the play.... "5 yards off the line" or actually man to man which we ran most of last year.

Exactly.  The corners were either press or 5 yards off.  THATS COVER 2  The safetys are covering over the top.

yea. but we wernt in a 5 yard zone every play.  the safeties are almost always cover 2 unless we bring tanard jackson up to the line as the nickle and keep jermain phillips back there and biran kelly was man to man and buchanan was man to man. with Derrick Brooks on the RB man to man. (which we did at least once a game last year after week 3.)

that guy was thinkin cover 2 is the same play every time! hahaha

One play out of 70 - 90 defensive plays.  Any wayin cover to th WLB is responsible for the HB and the SLB is responsible for the TE.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 14, 2008, 09:19:42 PM

The only thing you saw more often last season was a whole lot of Cover 3, which leaves either DJ or JP in the middle of the field with a deep zone responsibility. Kiffin himself said he used more Cover 3 last year than he ever had.

There really wasn't much 1v1 on obvious passing situations. That's not what we do.

who is DJ?

i think you mean the "tampa 2"  which is when we drop ruud back in to deep middle. and that means the safeites cover 2 more outside and ruud gaurds deep middle. which leaves other players on zone or man to man. and last year we man to manned DB on the RB alot, which is why we lost some big plays to rb's in passing.

bro, your new, welcome.. but cmon man. learn and watch before you talk. please.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 14, 2008, 09:20:56 PM

But I can't see us drafting a CB in the 1st and here's why: We do not need a spectacular talent to play 5 yard zone coverages thus we won't pay for one (Assante Samuel) and we haven't ever drafted a 1st round CB since Monte Kiffin has been here.

Point is, we don't need a 1st round talent at CB, we need 2nd-4th round talent there. (See Barber, Kelly, Abraham, D. Smith, etc.)

So your saying that the Bucs Safeties were making all those plays last year because they were locked down in man coverage? Because if you are, then you have no idea how to watch the Tampa 2 develope.

Go watch some tapes brotha, yes Kiffin changed it up alot lost year, but the Safeties were almost always in Two Deep Zones. Almost Always! Thus the reason it's called the Tampa 2, as in TWO Deep Zones.

And when you run Two Deep Zones, the CB's play short to intermediate routes allowing them to concentrate on thier own zones and the ball more than the WR's lined up across from them because that is the job of the Safeties playing Two Deep Zones.

There wasn't a prodominate showing of Man 2 Man last year brotha, I don't what you were watching.
dude no... the cbs dont always play 5 yards off... what dont you get? this isnt highschool bud.

What the F are you talking about? Please, quote my ever saying that our CB's always play 5 yards off. Please, do it. You can't because I didn't. Bud.

there.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 14, 2008, 09:23:26 PM

i dont know if you watched the games last year or not... but the tampa 2 is not as simple as that. we ran alot of man to man last year and that is the reason barber didnt have that well of a year. monte kiffin is not stupid. he would not keep the same D every year. he runs different stuff and trys stuff out (see 3-4 in the games last year)

anyway. this year watch where the dbacks go after the play.... "5 yards off the line" or actually man to man which we ran most of last year.

Exactly.  The corners were either press or 5 yards off.  THATS COVER 2  The safetys are covering over the top.

yea. but we wernt in a 5 yard zone every play.  the safeties are almost always cover 2 unless we bring tanard jackson up to the line as the nickle and keep jermain phillips back there and biran kelly was man to man and buchanan was man to man. with Derrick Brooks on the RB man to man. (which we did at least once a game last year after week 3.)

that guy was thinkin cover 2 is the same play every time! hahaha

One play out of 70 - 90 defensive plays.  Any wayin cover to th WLB is responsible for the HB and the SLB is responsible for the TE.

hi LV!

umm you are arguing my point alot, and i cant figure why your arguin with me about the same thing i am arguing.  we obviously both wath the defnese and how they line up, and what happens after the snap.  thanks for the back up.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 14, 2008, 09:23:35 PM

My bad, TJ

No, I meant the Cover 3 and if you don't what the Cover 3 is then you truly don't belong in this conversation. Jees...

Btw, I've been here for a long time, I just haven't signed on since Maybe September of 2007 and forgot my old name and password...and I do believe I had over 2k posts with it. So no, I am not new here, just my name.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#24 : March 14, 2008, 09:23:50 PM

I would believe PR who talked to Morris, who stated that he did want to play CB and that the reason he signed with TB over the reporters from the local fish rap.
i would belive what came out of wilsons' mouth over morris.  sure we convinced him to play, but that doesnt mean he wants to.

Provide me a link that quotes Wilson and I provide you a link that Quotes Morris.  Sorry I'll you reading it from the locl fish wrap.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 14, 2008, 09:25:31 PM

My bad, TJ

No, I meant the Cover 3 and if you don't what the Cover 3 is then you truly don't belong in this conversation. Jees...

Btw, I've been here for a long time, I just haven't signed on since Maybe September of 2007 and forgot my old name and password...and I do believe I had over 2k posts with it. So no, I am not new here, just my name.

the tampa two is basically cover 3. but we call it the tampa two.  so when did you move here from up north? or when did you become a bucs fan? or when was the last time you watched a game?

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 14, 2008, 09:28:25 PM

What the F are you talking about? Please, quote my ever saying that our CB's always play 5 yards off. Please, do it. You can't because I didn't. Bud.

there.

You're still wrong because I didn't say 5 yards off. Saying 5 yards off sounds silly. I said 5 yard zone coverages and for you to assume that I suggested that we ONLY play 5 yard coverages is kinda silly.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 14, 2008, 09:28:38 PM

Provide me a link that quotes Wilson and I provide you a link that Quotes Morris.  Sorry I'll you reading it from the locl fish wrap.

i saw it reported in another thread. i really dont think reports hang out at a fishing spot.  i dont see wilson coming out and saying that report is false though. so obviously it is true.  there is something called slander he can sue for if the reporter is wrong and the reporter doesnt have good sources. but since it was written and wilson hasnt acted on it, i assume the slander is actually not slander, and is actually a good source.

also, raheem morris is a great coach.  he could convince me to play any position he wanted also, and if i  wanted to play safety and he wanted me to play cb, i would play cb, but not be happy about it.  he could convince me to do it, but i would not want to is the point.

bucoff

Starter
#28 : March 14, 2008, 09:32:08 PM

According to nfl.com 2 other teams (minny was one of them) tried to get him last minute but he decided he wanted to come here knowing he would play cb! Not to mention the loss of pearson created a need for a backup saftey.. I like this move alot!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 14, 2008, 09:33:43 PM

there.

You're still wrong because I didn't say 5 yards off. Saying 5 yards off sounds silly. I said 5 yard zone coverages and for you to assume that I suggested that we ONLY play 5 yard coverages is kinda silly.

dont you see were you are wrong?
we dont always play the same coverage.
its that simple.
we as the defense try to confuse the offense. if we ran the same thing everyplay then we would get dominated.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eugene Wilson's commentary and attitude. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools