Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I the only one hoping we lose the rest of our games... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 05, 2006, 05:28:02 PM »

If we lose all our games, that would be the worst performance since '91. I don't really want to see the Bucs at 3-13 this year; not unless Williamson is at the helm. Realistically, the Bucs aren't playing well enough to even beat Cleveland right now, so three wins might end up being it.

PoundThaRock

Rookie

« #31 : December 05, 2006, 06:43:50 PM »

sorry but a fan never roots for his team to lose.

all for winning....

=]

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 05, 2006, 06:44:43 PM »

No, but you and the people who do are poor sports fans.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : December 05, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »

I disagree. I don't inherently see any difference between 3 wins and 5 in the grand scheme of things. But if it means two or three or five positions in EVERY round, it could make a huge difference draft wise. Admit it's a lost season, build for next year. But of course ANY win over the Falgoons is lovely!!

In Verner We Trust

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #34 : December 05, 2006, 07:44:50 PM »

not only is that a real silly thing to do [ IMO - can't forget the ole In My Opinion statement ;) ], you plan to do it in hopes of getting 1 of 2 major busts in Marcus "lets get low" Thomas and Calvin "can't play against good talent" Johnson.  Maybe it's me, but I can't see how anyone roots for their own team to lose.

TheChronic

Rookie

« #35 : December 05, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

before the skins win........I had us looking at a potential 4-7 pick..........any more bonehead wins and that continues to cost us.  Seems to me, as of now......if Gruden does not pick the wrong time to peak........we're loking at 7-12(ish) if he stays consistent and continues to be a loser.  I see us trading any 1st round pick....as depleted as our roster is.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 05, 2006, 09:09:38 PM »

Rooting against your team does not affect the outcome of the game and for me, gives me no
joy. I root for wins but immediately accept the loss and move on because I know it's for the
good of the team. I cannot understand how any fan can root agaijst their team. Only time
I MIGHT understand if it's the last game and it came down to getting the top pick in the draft
and that pick was supposed to be a can't miss guy. Not that there's such a thing.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 05, 2006, 09:23:53 PM »

sorry guys, I can NEVER hope to lose...losing has an upside, and I can't deny that, but I want a victory each and every Sunday!

GO BUCS!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 05, 2006, 09:48:21 PM »

Of course I can understand the wish for the top draft pick.  I can't say I want the bucs to lose any game, but who is kidding who with the you can't be a true fan if ... baloney.  The season is over, the draft is one of two ways to improve the team.  Heck, been putting player after player on the IR, don't you get it.  Coach and Co. know the season is over.  Face it folks, this one has been mailed in.  Might as well hope for a good draft pick, and if you want to link that to rooting for a loss feel free.  I want the best draft pick the bucs can get.  This one is over.  Here's hoping for no more serious injuries.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 05, 2006, 09:50:24 PM »

IMO it's a tug of war between building confidence for the young guys and having more picks to reload for the future. Ending the season with at least one or two more wins would be great for the young guys, but for our future it might be the worst thing that could happen. During the 94 season what if we had won more games and taken ourselves out of position to grab Sapp and Brooks in the 95 draft? Our run of success from then on would have never existed, neither would our SB win. Now it's common knowledge that the draft is a gamble, so losing out doesn't guarantee us much of anything, but it does at least give us a chance of obtaining some real quality players. Best case scenario obviously is for our Bucs to win a few games while the other bad teams win a few as well, that would still leave us with a top 5 pick.

« #40 : December 06, 2006, 01:02:13 PM »

I hope we win all four of the remaining games, by a wide margin. I say let the draft order fall as it may, I cannot root for my team to lose no matter the circumstances.
AMEN.

« #41 : December 06, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

I hope we win all four of the remaining games, by a wide margin. I say let the draft order fall as it may, I cannot root for my team to lose no matter the circumstances.

Agreed.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

« #42 : December 06, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »

I'm just assuming we will and I keep a matter of fact mind-set about it. You can't truly openly root against your team if you’re a fan! I just look at it like a consolation prize at the end of losses.

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.   -  Julius (Remember the Titans)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : December 06, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »

I will never root against the Bucs, but if they lose the rest I won't be disappointed.

Nicely said.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #44 : December 06, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »

well said DarkTurdGhost. I agree.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I the only one hoping we lose the rest of our games... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools