Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin Head coach? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: December 11, 2006, 10:02:34 AM

I actually had this very discussion with a buddy of mine last week. Monte as HC, Barry as DC, and a readl OC to run the offense. Intriguing!!!

I'm not 100% behind replacing Gruden but in my eyes this team seems to have "0" direction and that worries me. 5 years into the Gruden era this team has more holes than any team i've ever seen and some feel it'll be magically fixed in one off-season. I'm not so sure of that.

Bucs33

Second String

#1 : December 11, 2006, 09:09:38 AM

He had a shot in TAMPA to be the head coach?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 11, 2006, 09:06:18 AM

He does want the job. He's had shot at being HC and doesn't want the grief.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Bucs33

Second String

#3 : December 11, 2006, 09:04:31 AM

Ok, i am just throwing this out there but how would some of you fans feel about Monte taking over the Head Coaching duties next year?  Remember now he was offer the Head coaching spot for almost double what scott erickson got from the niners, but Monte wanted to stay in tampa due to his age.  I think it would be interesting if Kiffin was a short term fix for the head coach while the Bucs promtoe Joe Barry to D-coordinator/assistant head coach and groom him for a couple years and possiblity offer him the head coaching spot when Monte retires. 

LIKE I SAID, I am just throwing this out there, as my perosnally want to see the Bucs go abck and ACUTALLY put most of their focus on defense....

I was always mad at Gruden for making this comment is March of 2002 "We believe here that you win championships on defense"  (check the team highlight video that year for the quote...) If Gru, really believed that why has only 1 pick since then in the TOP 50 picks been a defensive player (Ruud)?  I understand we have solid players at many defensive positions, however we could ahve gone out and gotten solid young talent which would have allowed the Bucs to cut/trade guys like Simeon Rice to get INSTANT offensive talent in the form of veterans (which gruden likes instead anyways) instead of developing offensive talent which cna take a few years.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 11, 2006, 10:22:44 AM

No way Kiffen should be a head coach.  Simply no.  Worst idea ever. 

Shag

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 11, 2006, 10:21:00 AM

Kiffin deserves to be the head coach. He is the one responsible for the Bucs having a championship. It won't happen though. Gruden will still be our coach, and hopefully this year he will remember why it is he has a ring.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 11, 2006, 09:58:28 AM

Monte Kiffin has always wanted to be a head coach, in the right situation. I'm not convinced that he's head coaching material. I believe he's at his perfect level as a DC.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 11, 2006, 08:40:35 PM

#1 - Bad idea
#2 - He wont accept it anyway

Even the Gruden-haters on the radio (Sileo, Duemig, etc) have said no to Monte being the head coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 11, 2006, 11:36:07 AM

He doesn't want the job. He's had shot at being HC and doesn't want the grief.
Fixed that for ya.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 11, 2006, 11:42:19 AM

That would be a terrible move by the Bucs. Monte is a #2, not a #1.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 11, 2006, 11:57:03 AM

That is a great idea. This team believes in, and plays hard for Monte! Then, the only challenge would be finding an offensive coordinator that can help us be better than 32nd, like now. 

The players believe in Monte

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 11, 2006, 12:05:58 PM

...Peoples are so afraid of change around here. The way I see it, any change would likely result in a better team. 

Yuck for now.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 11, 2006, 12:49:43 PM

No way...won't happen. I think there are better odds of Dungy being fired in Indy and then Monty retiring and Dungy being hired as our new defensive coordinator (or Monty staying as defensive coordinator and Dungy coming in to help as assistant head coach. That being said...that scenario won't happen either.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

panchovilla

Rookie

#13 : December 11, 2006, 01:38:52 PM

I actually had this very discussion with a buddy of mine last week. Monte as HC, Barry as DC, and a readl OC to run the offense. Intriguing!!!

I'm not 100% behind replacing Gruden but in my eyes this team seems to have "0" direction and that worries me. 5 years into the Gruden era this team has more holes than any team i've ever seen and some feel it'll be magically fixed in one off-season. I'm not so sure of that.

Absolutely. Give Barry the DC job. Let Kiffin interim for next year. The goal is to not let Allen or Gruden make personel decisions this year. Please God!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 11, 2006, 01:40:10 PM

Kiffin is not interested in the HC position.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin Head coach? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools