Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SBF MOCK DRAFT FIRST 20 PICKS. 2.0 (no trades) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: March 22, 2008, 05:55:14 PM

wow guys.. i was expecting to be ripped to shreads! hahaha but acutally ive done well once again!
thanks for some backup when i coudnt be here bucjoe. it hasnt gone unnoticed.

i think gholston has so much speed over c long.  because of this he will be a more effective OLB in parcells system.  parcells wants a 1st pick that he can get 2 people ...basically a DE and OLB.  he is a smart guy.  mel kiper is not.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 21, 2008, 07:53:36 PM

1. Dolphins

Vernon Gholston
Ht/Wt: 6-3/257 lbs
Position:DE
Drafted From:Ohio State
Class:Junior

Miami needs a DE/OLB for parcells' D to work effectivly.  This guy has been rated very high.. but still is underrated.  Miami sees this on tape and will surprise everyone with this pick. also it helps that the dude is jacked. go to google images his name.

2. Rams

Chris Long
Ht/Wt: 6-4/280 lbs
Drafted From:Virginia
Class:Senior

Rams knew he would drop to them because they also saw that vernon gholston was better.  They will jump on this pick.  They still have faith in O. Pace... and will get a LT later in the draft.  Right now they are working on improving there D Line.

3. Falcons

Matt Ryan
Ht/Wt: 6-5/220 lbs
Position:QB
Drafted From:Boston College

Not a surprise at all.  Blank needs another franchise quarterback to save his franchise.  Ryan is severly overrated.  but we know the falcons like hype over production.  Falcons Moto =   Hype > Production

4. Raiders

Jake Long
Ht/Wt: 6-7/295 lbs
Position:OT
Drafted From:Michigan

a surprise pick... most would think he would go glenn dorsey here.  But because of future cap space, in which they will be in trouble, they will go with a safe pick.  there is enough RB depth in this dratf to get one later. and enough D line depth to get one later.  Finally a smart pick by Al Davis.

5.  Chiefs

Ryan Clady
Ht/Wt: 6-6/320 lbs
Drafted From:Bosie State

In serious need of a LT after getting a QB and WR, they are slowly setting up an offense that is goin to be hard to deal with.  This is the missing piece.  young QB...Great RB.  Solid young WR.  Now comes the line.

6. Jets

Glenn Dorsey
Ht/Wt: 6-2/284 lbs
Position:DT
Drafted From:LSU

He doesnt fit their scheme to be a DT.  they will move him over to a 3-4 DE.  After seeing how the giants dismantled the patriots OL.  They will jump on this guy.  Just like the ravens did a few years back with that guy with the weird name, he was a top DT and they move him to DE.  Jets will do the same.

7. Patriots

Dominique RodgersCromartie
Ht/Wt: 6-1/180 lbs
Position:CB
Drafted From:Tennessee State

yep.. i said it... after seeing the cowboys draft board having him ranked the best CB, i think they know more than us.  Patriots will shock Mel Kiper with this pick.

8.  Ravens

Keith Rivers
Ht/Wt: 6-3/235 lbs
Position:LB
Drafted From:USC

o man did the ravens miss adalious this year.  They will look to replenishing their top D.  This guy is making the ravens drool behind those closed doors.  They are just hoping that the Jets dont take him.

9. Bengals

Darren McFadden
Ht/Wt: 6-2/205 lbs
Position:RB
Drafted From:Arkansas

Finally picked... he is highly overrated.  he is like the Cadillac that shared the carries in college.  Bengals know they need D... but with McFadden dropping this much, they have to jump on him.  Rudi is getting to be ineffective, and they have another guy that is a back up that is good, but he wont be able to shoulder the load like rudi.  this will help carson palmer out also.

10. Saints

Leodis McKelvin
Ht/Wt: 5-10/185 lbs
Drafted From:Troy

They were really hoping for Asante Samuel.  But thank god that didnt happen.  so they stopped a search for an elite CB in free agencys, and will move to the draft to replenish this position.

11. Bills

Mike Jenkins
Ht/Wt: 6-0/200 lbs
Drafted From:South Florida

with terrance mcgee being their only cb that is worthy of starting...they will have to reach for this. but overall in the long run, he will work out.

12.  Broncos

Sedrick Ellis
Ht/Wt: 6-1/295 lbs
Position:DT
Drafted From:USC

well they have their DE's in place, and one DT for the future.  but they are missing the other one.  They are overjoyed that he dropped to them, and will jump on this pick.  This will make their LB better, where they needed help last year.

13.  Panthers

Chris Williams
Ht/Wt: 6-6/315 lbs
Drafted From:Vanderbilt

surprised he dropped by all the teams above, they jump on this LT.  they were hurting last year because of a lost QB and their second defency was there O line.

14.  Bears

Jeff Otah
Ht/Wt: 6-6/340 lbs
Drafted From:Pittsburgh

In need of a QB.. but no point in choosing one this high.  They will go with the safest pick, and a pick that will last for years to come.  Lovie knows how to rebuild his team, and was looking at this guy from the begining of free agnecy until now.

15. Lions

Rashard Mendenhall
Ht/Wt: 5-11/223 lbs
Position:RB
Drafted From:Illinois

after dumping kevin... they are looking into the best RB in the draft without the hype.  its a no brainer.

16. Cardinals

Kenny Phillips
Ht/Wt: 6-2/210 lbs
Position:S
Drafted From:Miami

They will use him as a FS.  him and Adrian wilson will be crazy back there. maybe even better than phillips and jackson (ha) 

17. Vikings

Phillip Merling
Ht/Wt: 6-5/270 lbs
Drafted From:Clemson

after their DE got diagnosed with with lukimia (bless his heart)  the team must move on and find a stud DE.  He has fallen. and he will dominate.

18.  Texans

Aqib Talib
Ht/Wt: 6-2/180 lbs
Drafted From:Kansas

whew says the bucs fans.  the biggest need on the texans is their CBs.  they have their D line mostly in place, and now comes the CB's to deal with manning.  they have continued to build this team in an anti manning way, and that doesnt stop.

19.  Eagles

Limas Sweed
Ht/Wt: 6-5/220 lbs
Position:WR
Drafted From:Texas

The best WR in the draft.  Eagles jump on him even though his health concerns (which really arnt that great as peoiple make it out to be)  Mcnabb finally has his WR.  they should be a powerhouse this year.

20. Buccaneers

DeSean Jackson
Ht/Wt: 6-0/166 lbs
Position:WR
Drafted From:California

NO NO NO... god dont let it happen............but... in grudens eyes. this is his man.

gruden is thinking along the lines that cam cameron did in miami. he felt like he could use ginn jr as a decoy, and can use him in so many ways... gruden thinks he can use him as like a reggie bush decoy. a playmaker.  and we will see.  it didnt work out for ginn jr.  but gruden has his ego, and he sees this laymaker and yea. decoy galore.  he wont be a number 1 or a num,ber 2 or number 3 or 4 or 5. he will be a decoy. a utility.

and that conludes my mock draft.  just like in real life there is surprises. (unlike mel kipers crap drafts)
you look at this now saying "that will never happen" ... look after the draft.

GOODNIGHT NOW

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 21, 2008, 08:27:04 PM

if Ellis makes it to #12 Allen needs to be on the phone offering up #20 and #52.  if that can't be worked out take Harvey.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 21, 2008, 09:51:25 PM

some more feedback?

this is the best draft ive seen. most realistic.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : March 21, 2008, 09:57:17 PM

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 21, 2008, 10:00:17 PM

If I was Atlanta, I would take Jake Long, and get my qb in the 2nd round.  Their 2nd pick is high enough to still get a good one, maybe even Brian Brohm.  That would be the makings of a great draft.  A franchise LOT, and a franchise qb, with 2 more picks in the 2nd round.

Also, Desean Jackson ain't 6 ft tall, he is 5'9" max!

.....just my opinion

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 21, 2008, 10:35:20 PM

this is the falcons we are talking about. the fans would go nuts if they got an o lineman. they just want names. not actuall good players.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 21, 2008, 10:44:38 PM

You're probably right!

.....just my opinion

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 21, 2008, 10:52:41 PM

falcons have a brand new GM so i would expect a better draft.  after investing in turner/norwood id think they would be drooling for j long.  i dont think parcells chooses gholston over c long because of his arms.  i dont see ellis falling that far.  is merling better than harvey?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 21, 2008, 11:10:22 PM

I think either would be outstanding!  Harvey is probably a better pass rusher, but Merling is a better run stopper.

Merling, if healthy, could be a REAL stud, and has the possibilty of being a Pro Bowler.  Some have him rated as high as the #8 player in the draft.

.....just my opinion

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 22, 2008, 05:58:16 PM

Sarasota, Just curious.  Where have you heard that Gruden likes DeSean Jackson?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 22, 2008, 06:04:31 PM

no where. thats why i think he will pick him.  we never really talk about who we draft.. remmeber last year, all gruden talked about was AP and JT.

but no talk about gaines? hahaha  never ever listen to a team or coach about the draft before it has happened.

cmon man use your head.

dm4bucs

Starter
#12 : March 22, 2008, 06:06:42 PM

Bucs never talked about Davin Joseph either to support SBf's point and weren't we all surprised when his name was shown as our pick...

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 22, 2008, 06:09:44 PM

thanks dm4 bucs!... or aaron sears! i had no clue who he was.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#14 : March 22, 2008, 06:13:41 PM

some more feedback?

this is the best draft ive seen. most realistic.

Ha, good one.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SBF MOCK DRAFT FIRST 20 PICKS. 2.0 (no trades) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools