Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads ROY? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#30 : October 09, 2006, 03:19:41 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.nfl.rookiewatch5/content.1.html

This is some of his competition for ROY

wtmcgee

Starter

#31 : October 09, 2006, 03:43:22 PM

Unless Bush gets hurt, he'll win on hype alone.  I don't care how well Grads (hypothetically) does, he won't win.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#32 : October 09, 2006, 03:59:03 PM

On just stats alone, he'll get beat by some of the other rookies. If Grad goes on and lead the Bucs to a winning record this year, he then has a very good chance to win the ROY award.

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#33 : October 09, 2006, 04:45:35 PM

The NFL political machine will heavily favor Bush.  We all know that any player of the year awards are slanted toward 1. Members of winning teams 2. High profile (re: high draft pick) players 3. Especially teams that have a turn around season.

Bush fits all these PLUS coming from a sympathetic locale - Having a NO player win would be a "feel-good" story.

Finally, Bush is pretty good!

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 09, 2006, 06:02:44 PM

Colston all the way. I like 7th round guy who's is making phenomenal plays. Bush just got his first TD... come on! Gradkowski maybe... But Leinart will play more because of the crappy D of arizona. Gradkowski does have a long shot. But rookie of the year twice for us? Wow.. they'd start calling Gruden a draft genius. I don't know the stats so how are our rookie o liners doing?

gone

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 09, 2006, 06:13:15 PM

The NFL political machine will heavily favor Bush.  We all know that any player of the year awards are slanted toward 1. Members of winning teams 2. High profile (re: high draft pick) players 3. Especially teams that have a turn around season.

Bush fits all these PLUS coming from a sympathetic locale - Having a NO player win would be a "feel-good" story.

Finally, Bush is pretty good!
If Bush lives up to the hype yes, but he may not.  Plus, he doesn't really have the hype machine Vick does, he'll need a few more highlight reel plays to get that.  For Grads,QB is a higher profile position. But we'd have to go over or around .500 (at least .500 under him definitely)for him to get the recognition, so people can talk about a "turnaround season".  Possible, but a very tall order.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 08, 2006, 09:04:08 PM

bump

gone

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 08, 2006, 09:07:31 PM

looking taller LOL

#38 : November 08, 2006, 09:08:00 PM

I agree with MJS, let's let him throw more than a single pass in the NFL before we go overboard...
nope,  I didn't go all 'GRADS FOR ROY!!!'

I kinda laughed when I saw Leeroy as the thread starter, he went from HUGE Grads fan to 'booo'

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#39 : November 08, 2006, 09:08:42 PM

This wasn't the only thread.....

Let's face it.  People touting him after the 1st Saints game jumped the gun, and the people who claim he is worthless so far have as well.  

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 08, 2006, 09:09:57 PM

Let's face it.  People touting him after the 1st Saints game jumped the gun, and the people who claim he is worthless so far have as well.  

I am looking Ray, and I haven't found anymore yet.   ;)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#41 : November 08, 2006, 09:16:49 PM

Let's face it.  People touting him after the 1st Saints game jumped the gun, and the people who claim he is worthless so far have as well. 

I am looking Ray, and I haven't found anymore yet. ;)

I guess you would know, since you are the one who spends the most time on this board....  ::)

I know I have seen them.  Buried in some thread. 

You are a big Grads homer and I hope you are right, but I am a bit skeptical at this point.  People are willing to wait on 1st rd picks but 6th rounders don't get much leeway, and that's just reality.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 08, 2006, 09:58:03 PM

Let's face it.  People touting him after the 1st Saints game jumped the gun, and the people who claim he is worthless so far have as well. 

I am looking Ray, and I haven't found anymore yet. ;)

I guess you would know, since you are the one who spends the most time on this board....  ::)

I know I have seen them.  Buried in some thread. 

You are a big Grads homer and I hope you are right, but I am a bit skeptical at this point.  People are willing to wait on 1st rd picks but 6th rounders don't get much leeway, and that's just reality.

Chad Jackson is a stud.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 08, 2006, 09:59:36 PM

colston.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads ROY? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools