Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manchester United Finances « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 10, 2008, 06:50:51 PM

I have a feeling the Bucs didn't take the sports authorites money in the end.  Why should a business with tens of millions in operating income take hand outs from public funds anyway.

I don't see why the Glazers should be held up has saints for spending Bucs fans money on Bucs facilities.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 11, 2008, 12:15:20 AM

His name was Hugh and he should of been charged with RAPE!
Ring any bells?

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 11, 2008, 04:41:22 AM

I take exception to your characterization of the Glazers as slimy etc.

You have to look no further than what they have given to Tampa Bay in an outstanding stadium and One Buc Palace, their emphasis on quality, family and their contributions to the community and family in general. One thing people do not seem to grasp about this family is that they are a complete class act in addition to which they do not seek the limelight for their many charitable activities. They are quiet, religious, good citizens, good family people. I really could not be more proud to have them as part of our community...

Why does being religious automatically make you a good person?

Try living in America Pat.   ;)

BTW - I suppose by "WE" you mean Chelsea?  talk about a bandwagon fan.   :P

Dude, I'm really not bandwagon. I was born in Hammersmith and the first house I lived in I could see Stamford Bridge's roof from it. Chelsea is my local team, believe it or not. But I do understand the skepticism.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 11, 2008, 12:11:38 PM

They won't win either mjs because we're gonna beat them in both ;)

Guess not.   :P 8)

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#34 : May 11, 2008, 01:30:22 PM

I take exception to your characterization of the Glazers as slimy etc.

You have to look no further than what they have given to Tampa Bay in an outstanding stadium and One Buc Palace, their emphasis on quality, family and their contributions to the community and family in general. One thing people do not seem to grasp about this family is that they are a complete class act in addition to which they do not seek the limelight for their many charitable activities. They are quiet, religious, good citizens, good family people. I really could not be more proud to have them as part of our community...

Why does being religious automatically make you a good person?

Try living in America Pat. ;)

BTW - I suppose by "WE" you mean Chelsea? talk about a bandwagon fan. :P

Dude, I'm really not bandwagon. I was born in Hammersmith and the first house I lived in I could see Stamford Bridge's roof from it. Chelsea is my local team, believe it or not. But I do understand the skepticism.

Nice Draw today.....................MANU again EPL Champions.....................the Rich just got Richer

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 11, 2008, 01:54:53 PM

And they'll probably get even richer in 10 days' time.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#36 : May 11, 2008, 08:24:20 PM

For anyone who is interested, this recent article gives some insight to the Glazer's ManU finances http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/gavin_hamilton/05/06/glazer.united/index.html

ManU is the most valuable sports franchise in the world according to forbes (I think they are valued at 1.8 billion).  Obviously sports franchises (they are franchises by the way, usually owned by holding corporations or some other limited liability entity...at least in the US) are very profitable, especially NFL and EPL teams that have huge television money coming in.  The thing with ManU is, that despite raking in great profits, the Glazers financed most of their purchase.  So they can bring in a lot of cash, but still end up in the red after paying interest on their various loans.  As someone mentioned above, the Glazers aren't allowed to use funds from the Bucs towards their purchase of ManU.  I don't really think either team benefits or is disadvantaged by the other in terms of money.  If anything, it makes the Glazers more experienced at owning championship clubs.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 11, 2008, 09:52:06 PM

Honestly, I can't imagine a bucs game now without the cannons and the pirate ship. It gave Ray Jay a signature that no other stadium in the league has...and let's face it, I'd rather have the pirate ship than a big Ketchup bottle (like Heinz Field) or a Razor (Gillette Stadium). I'm getting older and my memory has started fading on me...I have begun to forget the feel of the Old Sombrero...with the exception of the cold, cold evening the Bucs played their first playoff game in 15 years against the Detroit Lions - and we kicked their backsides up and down the field. I can still see Alstott skirtering off on that 30 yd or whatever is was run. What a great, great night that was. I'll never forget it....

In any event, no, I don't think Man U has anything to do with the Buccaneers, in as much as I don't think any of the Glazers other business interests have anything to do with the Buccaneers. The Buccaneers are a self sustaining entity and they don't need Man U or other Glazer business to stay afloat.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 12, 2008, 06:58:33 AM

This whole conversation, excepting the soccer smack, is ridiculous. The idea that the NFL doesn't make sure that the Bucs and Man U are seperate entities is just dumb.

As to what the Glazers do with their profits? Who cares?

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 12, 2008, 07:27:26 AM

They won't win either mjs because we're gonna beat them in both ;)

Guess not.   :P 8)

Meh. On to Moscow!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 12, 2008, 09:10:33 AM

Meh. On to Moscow!

I think the pressure is off United now, plus they will have a fully fit rested squad.  The only dip in form they suffered was whilst they were playing two or three games a week.  I am predicting an open final with United winning by two clear goals.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 12, 2008, 12:02:06 PM

Right on Jason!

.....just my opinion

simmstheanswer

Starter

#42 : May 12, 2008, 02:01:39 PM

judging by how Man-U is doing, i doubt they have any financial problems whatsoever...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 12, 2008, 02:06:36 PM

judging by how Man-U is doing, i doubt they have any financial problems whatsoever...

They don't but the Glazers do. 

Man United was/is a very profitable business, and when they win trophies the money flows in even faster.  Problem is the Glazers didn't buy Man United with cash, it was nearly all loans.  What makes it worse is the type of loans they used, much of the financing is escalating.  Now they own Man United they can transfer all that debt to Man United, which will be a burden if they have a few unsuccessful season on the field.

That is why many Man United fans hate and despise the Glazers.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 12, 2008, 02:15:43 PM

Cash? What's that?
Oh you mean that green paper with presidents printed on them? Those are out of style!

Today everyone makes purchases with bank loans and plastic. The Glazers are no exception.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manchester United Finances « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools