Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manchester United Finances « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#75 : May 23, 2008, 12:03:47 PM

However, that is history, and I think what most united fans look at now is the debt problem and whether the Glazers can spend enough to keep their dominance.

You want the honest truth, I absolutely HATE the Glazers involvement in Manchester United.  It was a speculative move that puts the club at risk.  Thankfully there will probably be quite a few billionaires that might dig them out of the debt should the Glazers cut and run.   If the team doesn't perform on the field they will lose all their equity and the banks will step in.  Alex Ferguson isn't getting any younger and there is no guarantee a new guy would hold the ship together. 

One possible course of action would be sell the Bucs and pay off the loans on Man United.  United are a much bigger brand name and offer more oppertunities to make money.  Maybe one day they will get their own TV rights and then the money floods in.   

I would prefer a Dubai interest buying the club, someone with real money and a love of the game.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manchester United Finances « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools