Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This one isn't on the defense........... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

watson

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 09, 2006, 11:31:10 AM

But the defense gave up 17 points in the first half right?
Yes.  

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#16 : October 09, 2006, 12:01:57 PM

No forced fumbles, no fumbles recovered, no sacks, no interceptions, missed tackles, 150 rushing yards, high completion % by Brees. The team as a whole sucked, and the defense was a big part of it

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 09, 2006, 12:04:48 PM

What??? By all means it was on the Defense.  oh and no thanks to our punt coverage team either.

Bucsvp

Rookie

#18 : October 09, 2006, 12:47:40 PM

We had a chance to win this game in the last 3 minutes but Gruden threw it away by trying to throw the bomb just like the Carolina game.

Common sense football logic would tell you when you're 3 points down to get into field goal range before you take a shot at the endzone. Then if it doesn't work out you can still kick a field goal, tie the game up and put it into overtime. Any highschool football worth his salt would have known that. With 3 minutes left Gruden was calling plays like there was only 30 seconds left. This was another Gruden loss.

watson

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 09, 2006, 01:45:45 PM

We had a chance to win this game in the last 3 minutes but Gruden threw it away by trying to throw the bomb just like the Carolina game.

Common sense football logic would tell you when you're 3 points down to get into field goal range before you take a shot at the endzone. Then if it doesn't work out you can still kick a field goal, tie the game up and put it into overtime. Any highschool football worth his salt would have known that. With 3 minutes left Gruden was calling plays like there was only 30 seconds left. This was another Gruden loss.
Disagree.  Common sense says you don't run when there are 8 defenders in the box.  And this was not a bomb.  The pass was about a 20 yarder with run after the catch....that is not a bomb.  And the pass was completed but Galloway was called for pass interference.  The call was good, the execution was bad.  If they run the ball and get stuffed then everyone would be screaming about JG being too conservative and not using all the weapons on offense.  One more thing, do you know for sure that it was not an audible by Gradkowski?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 09, 2006, 02:16:15 PM

The old cliche ''It all starts up-front'' could not be more relevant.

The biggest problem on D at the moment is that the front 4 are not disrupting enough run plays at the LOS. The opposing RB's are getting to our LB's too easily and quickly. Add to that the fact that no-one is tackling and you have a huge problem in the run game.

As well all know, the pass rush stinks. Comparing ours to say Philadelphia's MINUS JEVON KEARSE is just a total joke.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 09, 2006, 03:57:29 PM

Uh, yes....it is....I'm sorry if it sounds callous, but we Buccaneer fans hold our defense to a higher standard. We've come to expect great (or at least GOOD) defensive play. The god awful play of Chris Simms masked what is really behind the 0-4 start - THE DEFENSE.

You roll up 400 yds of offense and 24 points on the board - you should frickin' win. PERIOD.

I know the Buccaneer defense - I DON'T know who the hell those guys are out there wearing Red and Pewter masquarading as 55, 20, 97, 92, 53, and 23.

That is not my frickin' Buccaneer defense.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 09, 2006, 04:09:11 PM

As Jason says, because this is the Buc defense, it is expected that they preform at a certain standard. What I saw yesterday was a disgrace. What happened pressure and turnovers forced by the defense? What the heck happened to proper tackling?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 09, 2006, 04:14:31 PM

Booger sucks.  Jermaine Phillips is overrated.  He has 1 INT in the last three years.  Not good.

Plus the Bucs give up 160 yards a game on the ground.  IF that isn't on the defense, then I don't know who to blame.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 09, 2006, 04:27:50 PM

Booger sucks. Jermaine Phillips is overrated. He has 1 INT in the last three years. Not good.

Plus the Bucs give up 160 yards a game on the ground. IF that isn't on the defense, then I don't know who to blame.

After a dose of reality I shouldn't have started this thread but.........why can't we blame the special teams for this one? The defense gave up 17 points, offense scored 21. That's ballgame right there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 09, 2006, 04:32:50 PM

After a dose of reality I shouldn't have started this thread but.........why can't we blame the special teams for this one? The defense gave up 17 points, offense scored 21. That's ballgame right there.

Pick your poison man.  Up until yesterday, it was a myriad of reasons.

Yesterday, the O was clicking on all cylinders...although it was still 6, but has the workings to be an 8.

The defense, odd play calls, injuries, turnovers, and now special teams.

It has the making of a disaster, but the Bucs have lost by about 15 points in the last three games, which isn't too shabby.

The missed tackles are a red flag.  Boogers lack of presence is a red flag.  JP playing like a reserve is a flag.

Just think though:  We only have 12 more games to go!  YIPEEEE!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 09, 2006, 04:45:30 PM

why is everyone hatin on jermaine phillips...if you ask me...hes the only one i see out there tackling...guy has been all over the field making plays...and the reason he doesnt have many interceptions this year...is becuz hes to busy doing the tackling for the front 7

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 09, 2006, 04:46:53 PM

And with all that the Saints needed a punt return for a late score to beat the bucs.  The problems with STs continue.  Bad punt, bad coverage.  And from an All Pro punter.  Scheesh.  What is next.  PS, am I the only one that saw both the 20 yard line and the sidelines take down Sonic??
I saw that too, credit the turf with a tackle on that one...

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 09, 2006, 04:58:54 PM

this is a little bit more on our team tackles...our 5 main secondary players have a combined 114 tackles our starting front 7 only has 96...and the majority of those are from brooks with 33 the next closest is 18 and that belongs to shelton quarles...but barber has 37 phillps has 29 allen has 22 bolden has 14 and kelly has 12(all of his came from this past sunday)...our secondary is fine...it's our front 7 thats the problem

BucsAddict

Starter

#29 : October 09, 2006, 05:01:51 PM

why is everyone hatin on jermaine phillips...if you ask me...hes the only one i see out there tackling...guy has been all over the field making plays...and the reason he doesnt have many interceptions this year...is becuz hes to busy doing the tackling for the front 7

eh? Philips got yanked and Pearson was put in his place...

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This one isn't on the defense........... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools