Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amadinejad says he is "su**CENSORED**ious" of 9/11 events « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19

Runole

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 17, 2008, 02:53:45 PM

Runole, you are right on with all that you posted.. Another point, we have never ever taken over a country and made it our own. We have always liberated and then set the country free..
We even rebuild our enemies after they attack us. 
You guy's that do not love our country remind me of the Gruden haters. He can do nothing right and the USA can do nothing right in your eyes....

"Another point, we have never ever taken over a country and made it our own. We have always liberated and then set the country free.."

Certainly agree completely with your first statement.  However, not sure I can completely support the
"Setting a country free" part.  The US foreign policy has continuously propped up and overthrown dictators and monarchies.

I most certainly was in favor of over throwing Hussein, but I think we need to remove ourselves from civil wars. Best choice for me would be a US base in Iraq far out in the desert isolated from any population center.

Truthfully, I am not sure that setting up democracies are in the  our country's  best interest if it involves the natural resources that we wish to purchase or develop in some foreign country.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#61 : April 17, 2008, 02:55:32 PM

Runole, you are right on with all that you posted.. Another point, we have never ever taken over a country and made it our own. We have always liberated and then set the country free..
You guy's that do not love our country remind me of the Gruden haters. He can do nothing right and the USA can do nothing right in your eyes....

The U.S. gov't is no different than any other historical empire...it's too greedy...and it will fall just like every other empire because of it.

Do you ever wonder why the nations with the most oil have some of the poorest populations? It's because the rich/powerful take far more than they give back and at some point the exploited people have enough and fight back. If they would just give back a little and quit being so greedy, the population would never even think of fighting.

I think you are placing the blame in the wrong place.  Those that run these foreign countries are the one's withholding the profits from their poor populace.

Balls Out

Starter
#62 : April 17, 2008, 03:03:48 PM

Iraq's oil was secure. Saddam was a homicidal madman but he kept the peace in that country and he was a enemy of Iran which was our enemy. And you know how the old saying goes..."the enemy of my enemy is my friend." That's why you see all those pictures of Rumsfeld over there shaking hands with Saddam back in the 80s. Many of those weapons of mass destruction Saddam had and used were given to him by the United States. We wanted him to keep Iran in check.

But you see, guys like Saddam are never satisfied. They become a loose cannon and want more and more power and money. So he invaded Kuwait and threated to invade more countries. That sparked Operation Dessert Storm. We pushed him back into his corner. He was fine for a few years then tried screwing around again in 1996 and 1997. So President Clinton launched Operation Dessert Fox which bombed Baghdad for several nights. The goal again was simply to put Saddam back in his place. But that opertation was not very successful. Saddam still was defient. This is when, in 1998, the United States officially shifted Iraq policy from containment to regime change. The Pentagon and the CIA wanted a leader in there that they can control. However, in 1998, Clinton was involved in various scandals (white-water, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, etc) and the public did not favor any type of war with Iraq. So the plans to overthrow Saddam were put on hold.....until 9/11 which presented an excuse to invade.

How can you say Iraqs oil was secure when one of Americas biggest enemys, Iran, was far more powerful militarily than Iraq with Saddam in power?

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Balls Out

Starter
#63 : April 17, 2008, 03:04:56 PM

The U.S. gov't is no different than any other historical empire...it's too greedy...and it will fall just like every other empire because of it.

Do you ever wonder why the nations with the most oil have some of the poorest populations? It's because the rich/powerful take far more than they give back and at some point the exploited people have enough and fight back. If they would just give back a little and quit being so greedy, the population would never even think of fighting.

I think you are placing the blame in the wrong place. Those that run these foreign countries are the one's withholding the profits from their poor populace.

Who do you think puts these people in power and keeps them there?

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 17, 2008, 03:18:01 PM

We both agree that the US needs huge/secure oil fields.

The US has HUGE Oil Reserves in Alaska and North Dakota, but the Liberal-Environmentalist wackos won't let be drilling.  So all of those poor people the bleeding-hearts are so worried about keep paying $3.50/gallon when gas could easily go back to being reasonable.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 17, 2008, 03:30:34 PM

I think you are placing the blame in the wrong place. Those that run these foreign countries are the one's withholding the profits from their poor populace.

That sounds like a Chicken or the Egg theory.   Blaming the US for a monarchy's or dictator's greed is quite a stretch IMO.

Balls Out

Starter
#66 : April 17, 2008, 03:32:52 PM

The US has HUGE Oil Reserves in Alaska and North Dakota, but the Liberal-Environmentalist wackos won't let be drilling. So all of those poor people the bleeding-hearts are so worried about keep paying $3.50/gallon when gas could easily go back to being reasonable.

That's very short sighted....what really needs to happen is the discovery of a renewable energy source...outside of that we will be forever fighting in the middle east, worrying about terrorism and paying top dollar to drive to work. Opening up those reserves won't make a lick of difference.

Balls Out

Starter
#67 : April 17, 2008, 03:38:36 PM

That sounds like a Chicken or the Egg theory. Blaming the US for a monarchy's or dictator's greed is quite a stretch IMO.

Really? I suggest you research the last 60 years of US imperialism (especially in latin america) and you tell me who calls the shots.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#68 : April 17, 2008, 03:52:36 PM

The US has HUGE Oil Reserves in Alaska and North Dakota, but the Liberal-Environmentalist wackos won't let be drilling. So all of those poor people the bleeding-hearts are so worried about keep paying $3.50/gallon when gas could easily go back to being reasonable.

That's very short sighted....what really needs to happen is the discovery of a renewable energy source...outside of that we will be forever fighting in the middle east, worrying about terrorism and paying top dollar to drive to work. Opening up those reserves won't make a lick of difference.

Stuff like this is the future...

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0387888.htm

#69 : April 17, 2008, 04:04:46 PM

No the building was not serverely damaged, just a small portion of the building was struck by debris which did cause a relatively small, localized fire.

If that were the case why did both buidings fall at near free fall speed?

This has all been hashed and rehashed. Stop gulping down the conspiracy theories whole-heartedly and do a little thinking for yourself.

This is one that you hear a lot on the conspiracy sites. Here's another example of it:
"Both demolitions took place in about 15 seconds, which is about the time it would take for a free-fall from that height."
http://911review.org/Wiki/TwinTowers.shtml

Instead of taking their word for it, let's do the math:
The distance that an object in free fall travels can be determined by the sum of the original velocity multiplied by time and one half of acceleration multiplied by time squared. The original velocity is usually written as v sub o, but I don't know how to put subscripts into this font so I'm just going to use v. It doesn't matter anyway since the original velocity is zero and it can be factored out of the equation.

x = vt + 1/2at^2
where
x = distance traveled
v = velocity
t = time
a = acceleration

Since the original velocity is zero, vt = zero and we'll remove it. The ^2 means squared, for those that aren't familiar with using this connotation for a superscript.

x = 1/2at^2

Multiply both sides by 2

2x = at^2

Divide both sides by a

2x/a = t^2

Take the square root of each side and

t = sq.rt. of (2x/a)

The roof of the building was 417 meters off the ground. The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 meters per second squared.

t = sq.rt. of (834/9.8m s^2)
t = 9.2 seconds

15 seconds is 163% of 9.2. The 'free-fall speed' theory is a fallacy.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#70 : April 17, 2008, 04:05:07 PM

Northwoods is a great example of the power of the US government.  Problem is, that is such a HUGE thing for people to digest that its just tossed aside as "bogus".  Fact is, when people don't understand something, their natural tendency is to turn it away.

And you hit it right on the head, McCaddy.  Opening up those areas to drilling is not a solution to our energy problem.  Its a band-aid.  A temporary fix.  Just like McCain's idea of a gas tax holiday over the summer.  A joke.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#71 : April 17, 2008, 04:12:02 PM

Short-sided?  What would be the problem with getting the oil that's already here?  I'm all for advances in technology, but it's a lot easier to wipe away the restrictions set by bleeding-heart, environmentalist liberals and take the price of oil down next month, than to wait for those technological advances to hit the market.

Opening up those reserves won't make a lick of difference.

Really?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,349728,00.html

BISMARCK, N.D. �  The government estimates up to 4.3 billion barrels of oil can be recovered from the Bakken shale formation in North Dakota and Montana, using current technology.

The U.S. Geological Survey calls it the largest continuous oil accumulation it has ever assessed.

An assessment by USGS in 1999 found the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge had 10.3 billion barrels of recoverable oil, said Brenda Pierce, a geologist for the agency

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#72 : April 17, 2008, 04:13:57 PM

Solar energy technology is about to get cheaper. And if we head heavily in that direction, it will
get really cheap. That link I provided is just a teaser. I heard about it last night.
Today, the stock is up 36%. Very cheap at $1.00. Could be a great, long term investment. I did not
buy it.

Bleeding heart environmentalist liberals? And we wonder why we don't get any where in this
country. People love putting labels on others who they disagree with. And before you say
that I'm defensive, I didn't think you were referring to me.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#73 : April 17, 2008, 04:15:19 PM

Solar energy is about to get really cheap. That link I provided is just a teaser. I heard about it last night.
Today, the stock is up 36%. Very cheap at $1.00. Could be a great, long term investment. I did not
buy it.

I, nor any other reasonable person, is against technological advances; but until those hit the market, we should take advantage of what we have.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#74 : April 17, 2008, 04:27:56 PM

agree the nation needs to look to something more advanced than burning oil for energy

Still don't understand why the Electric Car technology was killed by GM and the Oil people.   That was just plain stupid and not in America's best interest.

What about Natural gas??
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amadinejad says he is "su**CENSORED**ious" of 9/11 events « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools