Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amadinejad says he is "su**CENSORED**ious" of 9/11 events « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19

Runole

Hall of Famer
#75 : April 17, 2008, 04:31:40 PM

Solar energy technology is about to get cheaper. And if we head heavily in that direction, it will
get really cheap. That link I provided is just a teaser. I heard about it last night.
Today, the stock is up 36%. Very cheap at $1.00. Could be a great, long term investment. I did not
buy it.

Bleeding heart environmentalist liberals? And we wonder why we don't get any where in this
country. People love putting labels on others who they disagree with. And before you say
that I'm defensive, I didn't think you were referring to me.

Anyone that doesn't see the overall environmental degradation of the US and the world is in denial.

Balls Out

Starter
#76 : April 17, 2008, 04:32:15 PM

Illuminator- Thanks for the "think for yourself advice", I'll try put it to good use starting now....I didn't see air resistance in that little calculation of yours, the buildings didn't fall in a vacuum.

I'm at work right now and get restricted access to the internet, but I've come across numerous websites that calculated how long it would take for the bulidings to fall given the spoon fed pancake theory, and that time was over a minute.
I said the buildings fell at near free fall speed, you take in air resistance and those numbers are closer....certainly closer than 15 seconds is to 1 minute+.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Balls Out

Starter
#77 : April 17, 2008, 04:35:55 PM

We both agree that the US needs huge/secure oil fields.

The US has HUGE Oil Reserves in Alaska and North Dakota, but the Liberal-Environmentalist wackos won't let be drilling. So all of those poor people the bleeding-hearts are so worried about keep paying $3.50/gallon when gas could easily go back to being reasonable.

That's very short sighted....what really needs to happen is the discovery of a renewable energy source...outside of that we will be forever fighting in the middle east, worrying about terrorism and paying top dollar to drive to work. Opening up those reserves won't make a lick of difference.

agree the nation needs to look to something more advanced than burning oil for energy

Still don't understand why the Electric Car technology was killed by GM and the Oil people. That was just plain stupid and not in America's best interest.

What about Natural gas??

What makes you think oil corporations do whats in the nations best interest....they do what's in their best interest, just like every other corporation.

And most of the worlds natural gas resides in Russia...obviously not an option.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 17, 2008, 04:39:40 PM

"What makes you think oil corporations do whats in the nations best interest....they do what's in their best interest, just like every other corporation.

And most of the worlds natural gas resides in Russia...obviously not an option."

You are preaching to the choir on this issue. Until the US wakes up and stops allowing the oil industry to totally dictate US policy we will continue to flounder.

#79 : April 17, 2008, 04:40:17 PM

LOL! Air resistance? Surely you jest. Air resistance? LMAO!!!

ROFLMBO! You're killing me here! Air resistance!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#80 : April 17, 2008, 04:49:03 PM

Bleeding heart environmentalist liberals? And we wonder why we don't get any where in this
country. People love putting labels on others who they disagree with. And before you say
that I'm defensive, I didn't think you were referring to me.

I wasn't referring to anyone on here, unless they are a bleeding-heart environmentalist liberal.

You are only the first part of that little name, Joe, but you know I mean that in good way for you.  ;)

Balls Out

Starter
#81 : April 17, 2008, 04:58:16 PM

Physics obviously wasn't your major. Why do you think aerodynamics play such a huge role in things like car racing?
Assuming that the building fell in outer space rather than here on planet earth where air friction is a factor is gross negligence.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#82 : April 17, 2008, 04:59:36 PM

I have to admit these "9/11" and " no man on the moon conspiracy theories" are classic examples of the limited backgrounds most have in Natural Sciences today.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#83 : April 17, 2008, 05:01:32 PM

Physics obviously wasn't your major. Why do you think aerodynamics play such a huge role in things like car racing?
Assuming that the building fell in outer space rather than here on planet earth where air friction is a factor is gross negligence.

Please tell me the courses in Physics you have taken out of high school.  Did you go to college? What was your major?

Your fiery building stuff was amusing but neglected one critical fact they weren't run into by a Airline.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#84 : April 17, 2008, 05:13:56 PM

The towers were built to withstand a 707 slamming into it.

And the big problem I have read about the way the towers fell has to do with the columns that
should have impeded the buildings from falling at free fall speed. Maybe the towers topple over
but straight down with no resistance?

And, BTW, Runole, there are engineers (both structural and non) and physicists who agree with the
"conspiracy" aspects of the way those buildings fell. So, Runole, tell us. Are all of those guys just out
to lunch? Are they all nuts? Are they all conspiracy buffs? Have you checked out any of their
work at all? Have you emailed them and told them they were cranks? Dismissing all of their
work is the only way you can ignore it. And why you bring up a moon conspiracy is beyond
me.

#85 : April 17, 2008, 05:15:54 PM

By odd coincidence, physics is my major. An average car weighs less than a couple of tons. Race cars weigh much less. Your average world trade center? About half a million tons. Now do I really have to explain the rest to you?

Balls Out

Starter
#86 : April 17, 2008, 05:16:31 PM

Please tell me the courses in Physics you have taken out of high school. Did you go to college? What was your major?

Your fiery building stuff was amusing but neglected one critical fact they weren't run into by a Airline.

I never said you needed to major in physics to understand anything, but to laugh off air resistance without blinking an eye as to why it fell so fast if it was pancaking tells me his physics could use a bit of work.

I suggest you research how the WTC's were designed/constructed and what they were designed to withstand. They had steel columns along the outside and 47 columns going up the middle, it was the middle columns that gave the structures there strength,  yet somehow there is no mention of those columns in the offcial 9/11 commision report explaining the collapse.

Balls Out

Starter
#87 : April 17, 2008, 05:24:36 PM

By odd coincidence, physics is my major. An average car weighs less than a couple of tons. Race cars weigh much less. Your average world trade center? About half a million tons. Now do I really have to explain the rest to you?

What does aerodynamics have to do with weight? Listen I'm not saying that air resistance plays a huge factor in how quickly the buildings fell, I'm just saying that it takes slightly longer than the calculation you threw at me.

Since you're a physics major, don't you think that the resistance provided by the floors in a pancake collapse would make the time of decent far greater than free fall speed, not just a few seconds?

#88 : April 17, 2008, 05:24:44 PM

No, the towers were built to "resist" a collision with a 707, low on fuel, coming in at a landing speed of about 180. This is vastly different than a larger plane, fully loaded, coming in at a speed of around 600. The difference in kinetic energy is a factor of 10. In spite of this, the towers did withstand the impact. Unfortunately, the resulting explosion stripped away their fire protection, which allowed the subsequent inferno to damage the buildings structural framework. But, of course, we've been over all of this before.

Balls Out

Starter
#89 : April 17, 2008, 05:32:55 PM

No, the towers were built to "resist" a collision with a 707, low on fuel, coming in at a landing speed of about 180. This is vastly different than a larger plane, fully loaded, coming in at a speed of around 600. The difference in kinetic energy is a factor of 10. In spite of this, the towers did withstand the impact. Unfortunately, the resulting explosion stripped away their fire protection, which allowed the subsequent inferno to damage the buildings structural framework. But, of course, we've been over all of this before.

Why would they design on a best case scenario (low fuel, low speed)? That makes no sense. They designed the towers to withstand the impact of the biggest plane at the time (707) and that plane happens to be about the same size as the planes that hit the towers. Plus the fires would have never reached the temperatures needed to weaken steel.

As I said earlier, people seem to come up with answers for everything regarding WTC 1/2, but don't want to touch WTC 7 and for good reason.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amadinejad says he is "su**CENSORED**ious" of 9/11 events « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools