Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amadinejad says he is "su**CENSORED**ious" of 9/11 events « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#90 : April 17, 2008, 05:37:01 PM

Unfortunately, the resulting explosion stripped away their fire protection, which allowed the subsequent inferno to damage the buildings structural framework. But, of course, we've been over all of this before.

Like I said, there are physicists (not people who are studying it in college) who disagree with you
and engineers who disagree with you. So, as much as you would like to make this a slam dunk
with no dissenting scientists, it's just not the case.

But, of course, we've been over this before.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#91 : April 17, 2008, 05:42:15 PM

Unfortunately, the resulting explosion stripped away their fire protection, which allowed the subsequent inferno to damage the buildings structural framework. But, of course, we've been over all of this before.

Like I said, there are physicists (not people who are studying it in college) who disagree with you
and engineers who disagree with you. So, as much as you would like to make this a slam dunk
with no dissenting scientists, it's just not the case.

But, of course, we've been over this before.

Well there are dissenting scientists on the global warming stuff....but you consider that theory a slam dunk.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#92 : April 17, 2008, 05:54:52 PM

Well there are dissenting scientists on the global warming stuff....but you consider that theory a slam dunk.

Really? I do? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Come on, smart guy, show me where I said either opinion (human caused vs. naturally caused)
is a slam dunk on the global warming stuff.

#93 : April 17, 2008, 06:14:54 PM

and engineers who disagree with you.

And there are many, many more that do agree with me. You choose to listen to the minority, as it suits your conspiracy agenda.

Why would they design on a best case scenario (low fuel, low speed)? That makes no sense.

Terrorist attack wasn't something they were planning for. A plane coming in for a landing accidentally striking the towers was the scenario they had in mind, like the one that hit the Empire State Building.

Plus the fires would have never reached the temperatures needed to weaken steel.

Weakening of structural steel can begin at as low as 300 celsius degrees. You also have to remember that several of the interior structural members may have been directly impacted by the aircraft itself, removing any safety margin designed into the building. The upper floors of the building were designed using an alloy. I don't know the exact composition of that alloy, and I won't speculate but I will tell you this: steel alloys are polymorphic, meaning that their crystalline lattice structure changes with temperature, composition and manufacturing method. This has a large impact on grain structure. Metal is divided into tiny domains where all of the molecules are aligned called grains. The size of the grains determines the properties of the metal. Smaller grain size increases tensile strength and ductility (the ability to resist being pulled apart and deforming under stress - strain). Larger grain size is preferred for improved high-temperature creep properties. Creep is the permanent deformation that increases with time under constant load of stress. Creep becomes progressively easier with increasing temperature.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#94 : April 17, 2008, 06:29:08 PM

and engineers who disagree with you.

And there are many, many more that do agree with me. You choose to listen to the minority, as it suits your conspiracy agenda.

I listen to both sides. It appears that you refuse to even listen to the professionals who disagree
with you.

Conspiracy agenda? Are you able to discuss this topic without using terms like that? Is that
possible? Did they teach that to you in college?

How many times in history have the minority been right? Doesn't mean they're right this time
but you pointing out the majority agree with you proves nothing. Like I said, for many
of those pros, coming out and questioning the official story of 911 would be
professional suicide. You disagree with that? Is there not a stigma attached
to speaking about 911?

Like I said, it doesn't lend any credence to the conspiracy theory but it might explain why
the dissenters are in the minority right now. However, that is slowly changing.
The list of scientists who have serious doubts about the official story has grown
exponentially since 2001. Where will it lead us (if anywhere?)  I do not know.

#95 : April 17, 2008, 06:34:19 PM

I listen to both sides. It appears that you refuse to even listen to the professionals who disagree
with you.

I'll listen when they stop talking nonsense.

Conspiracy agenda? Are you able to discuss this topic without using terms like that?

If the shoe fits...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#96 : April 17, 2008, 06:37:23 PM

with you.

I'll listen when they stop talking nonsense.

So have you even looked at the papers they've written?

And do you deny that speaking out about 911 is career suicide for many in their field?

#97 : April 17, 2008, 06:39:39 PM

And do you deny that speaking out about 911 is career suicide for many in their field?

Not at all. And why do you suppose that is?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#98 : April 17, 2008, 07:19:25 PM

Osama bin Laden (remember him?) hates the United States

Does he?  If he indeed orchestrated the 9/11 attacks, he managed to make his family a lot of money.  His family which is on very good terms with the Bush family.  His family which was airlifted out of the country after the attacks for their protection while all other air traffic was grounded.

And of course, we still haven't found him.  After all, if he was found, we'd no longer have the 'bogeyman' that allows those behind the scenes to ignore the Constitution and make boatloads of money at the expense of the lives of American soldiers and foreign citizens.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#99 : April 17, 2008, 08:52:21 PM

We need to build refineries in this country and make use of the oil that is here. We have not built a refinery in this country in 40 or 50 years..
Why ?? Environmental wackos !
Now oil is certainly not the future, however this will buy us time until we can come up with alternatives.
Another thing about our great country is this thread. If some of the conspiracy theories discussed were in these radical islamic countries, this could never happen.

I know that we have flaws, but we are still the best thing going !!
Proud to be an American...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#100 : April 17, 2008, 08:55:58 PM

We need to build refineries in this country and make use of the oil that is here. We have not built a refinery in this country in 40 or 50 years..

I agree that the lack of new refineries is a big part of the pricing pressure we are seeing with such increased demand.  However, I'm not sure that your reasoning is correct as to why they haven't been built.  Either way, additional refining capacity could go a long way to relieving pricing pressure and would be a great use of some of those record profits we are seeing from Big Oil.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#101 : April 17, 2008, 08:57:19 PM

I know that we have flaws, but we are still the best thing going !!
Proud to be an American...

I can't tell you since I haven't resided in any other countries. Which ones have you lived in
so that you could compare them with the US?

I have visited a couple of European countries and wouldn't mind living in a few of them.
I love the US. But would love it more if we got rid of the bozos in Washington.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#102 : April 17, 2008, 08:57:44 PM

Agree 100% new refineries need to be built, plus it would bring new jobs to the areas in which they were built.
Arent people complaining about the lack of jobs and stuff....

I agree that the lack of new refineries is a big part of the pricing pressure we are seeing with such increased demand. However, I'm not sure that your reasoning is correct as to why they haven't been built. Either way, additional refining capacity could go a long way to relieving pricing pressure and would be a great use of some of those record profits we are seeing from Big Oil.

#103 : April 17, 2008, 09:00:50 PM

I love the US. But would love it more if we got rid of the bozos in Washington.

Want to get rid of the bozos in Washington? Get rid of the bozos that keep electing them. We get the government that we deserve. Not so easy is it?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#104 : April 17, 2008, 09:13:27 PM

OK, let's invent a ignorant bomb. It takes out all of the lazy and ignorant folks. Problem
is, I know a lot of them.

By saying I want to get rid of the bozos in Washington, I'm inferring doing it through the
voting system. So, yes, I'm speaking to the voters.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amadinejad says he is "su**CENSORED**ious" of 9/11 events « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools