Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spin this BornaRunole « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: April 23, 2008, 10:45:28 AM

Parker was FSU's best offensive player last season, and was supposed to be this season, right?

What do the 'Noles do now?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 23, 2008, 10:24:23 AM

I suggest the FSU deal with the guns and weed like UF.. ;D   I see my groupies are right on que!! LOL

Seriously, with a felony pending according FSU policy, he won't play at FSU again unless the charges are reduced.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 22, 2008, 04:10:20 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3359109

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State officials said they will have an announcement on the future of standout receiver Preston Parker after the athlete's arrest in South Florida on drug and weapons charges.

According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, Parker was arrested early Tuesday on charges of carrying a concealed .45-caliber handgun and possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana.

Parker was named Florida State's most valuable player last season after leading the team with 1,513 all-purpose yards and 62 receptions.

The 21-year-old's arrest is the first major discipline problem at the school since the arrival of new athletic director Randy Spetman earlier this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 22, 2008, 04:25:29 PM

It was not his.  He was holding onto it for a friend of his who happens to be a Florida Gator...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 22, 2008, 04:33:50 PM

"Florida doesn't play Miami every year."

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 22, 2008, 06:03:18 PM

Spin this BornaRunole

And you wonder why you have been dubbed one of his groupies ....  ::)

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 22, 2008, 06:38:39 PM

Preston Parker = Marcus Thomas = THUG

catch2355

Practice Squad

#7 : April 22, 2008, 07:18:15 PM

This is exactly why I don't read this part of PR. It's just a bunch of people getting back into their same old arguments as they did in college.  One guy posessing a gun and some weed does not make him a thug and it does not make one school better than the other because you KNOW that both schools have it, most players just don't get caught.

#8 : April 22, 2008, 08:15:05 PM

This is exactly why I don't read this part of PR. It's just a bunch of people getting back into their same old arguments as they did in college.  One guy posessing a gun and some weed does not make him a thug and it does not make one school better than the other because you KNOW that both schools have it, most players just don't get caught.
What does it make him then?

#9 : April 22, 2008, 09:29:45 PM

<sigh>  Bowden is the king of second chances but I think the new AD might have a thing or two to say about this first.  The school (Boosters) are paying his tuition and I assume there is a standard of conduct he is supposed to follow.  I doubt pot and guns are on the "approved" list.  If he is found guilty you toss him from the team.  If found not guilty you suspend him from the team for a year and see how badly he wants to come back.  I'm an FSU alum and fan and it pains me to even have to think about it, but I'm being as objective as possible and if he does not have a carry license for the gun, that is baaaad news in my book.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 22, 2008, 09:35:06 PM

One guy posessing a gun and some weed does not make him a thug

ill definitely let 'em slide on the weed, but the gun?  thats the definition of trying to live the "thug life".

also not parkers first encounter with the law...already has a case of minor theft/shoplifting.

as for runole, probably not looking like a great idea to have brought up the gun trouble at UF so often...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#11 : April 23, 2008, 12:43:18 PM

Parker was FSU's best offensive player last season, and was supposed to be this season, right?

What do the 'Noles do now?

re-learn that football is a team sport.  Call a good game and spread the ball around.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 23, 2008, 03:10:33 PM

Maybe he was on his way to a gun range when he found the pot and was taking it to the police station.  It could happen.....

The kid made a mistake which he will pay for.  Make him take gun and drug classes while putting him on a short leash.  His entire life and playing career shouldn't be ruined by one lapse in judgement.  I feel bad for some of you guys kids.  One mistake and you are going to throw them out on the street right?

Our mistakes fo not define us, our reaction/action to those mistakes do.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 23, 2008, 03:43:03 PM

lol

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 23, 2008, 05:28:03 PM

The kid made a mistake which he will pay for.  Make him take gun and drug classes while putting him on a short leash.  His entire life and playing career shouldn't be ruined by one lapse in judgement.  I feel bad for some of you guys kids.  One mistake and you are going to throw them out on the street right?

you act like this is his first arrest.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spin this BornaRunole « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools