Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Gruden hang himself? « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 11, 2006, 09:17:16 AM

This is different because, if The Rat starts and looks civilized then it calls into question Gruden's judgement about the QB position. Not only does it mean he made the questionable decision on Simms it means he whiffed on the backup as well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

panchovilla

Rookie

#1 : December 11, 2006, 07:58:16 AM

What makes you guys think Rattay is a bad QB? Because Dumig and SR tell you so? Rattay had 86 yards throwing on one drive while Br-ick-uce has 121 the whole game. When the real bullets fly Rattay can hold his own in the WCO. Open your eyes people.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 11, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

What makes you guys think Rattay is a bad QB? Because Dumig and SR tell you so? Rattay had 86 yards throwing on one drive while Br-ick-uce has 121 the whole game. When the real bullets fly Rattay can hold his own in the WCO. Open your eyes people.

Are you serious-- did you even watch him in SF-- the guy was a pick machine the fourth quarter of most games out there. He cost them more games then he won for them and he had LLoyd making ridiculous catches for him. Lloyd doesn't make those ridiculous acrobatic catches if Rattay hits him in the numbers. Hell Joey and the other had arms flailing to reach some of those skyward throws. The reason they were completed is Atl was in a prevent and not in there normal coverage.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 11, 2006, 08:17:30 AM

That was in garbage time against a prevent D. They gave him the underneath crap all day.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 11, 2006, 08:41:31 AM

For the first time Gruden's job security for 2007 is in real jeopardy, imo.

why? Why would this be any different than before the game? The most imporatant fact is that the team is playing hard and still trying to whoop some ass. They just don't have the talent at critical positions to do that.

What's funny is some of you say after each loss that Gruden's job is more and more in jepordy. The season was lost 5 games ago and everything from that point on isn't what's going to decide his future. He'll be here in 2007 and the Bucs will rebound. 

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 10, 2006, 04:02:24 PM

If Rattay has the job now and does ok the last 3 games, what does that say about Gruden starting a rookie over him for some many games when it was obvious he was regressing?  I know Rattay's not that good but he is experienced.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 10, 2006, 04:05:26 PM

If Rattay has the job now and does ok the last 3 games, what does that say about Gruden starting a rookie over him for some many games when it was obvious he was regressing?  I know Rattay's not that good but he is experienced.

Worst offense in the NFL after 5 years in charge........offensive genius...what a freakin Joke. 

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : December 10, 2006, 04:06:27 PM

Rattay sucked in TC, PS and in practice. he didn't deserve to start. Rattay has hit his ceiling for potential most likely. Gruden wanted to see what the rook could do. Even if rattay starts the rest of the year and does well(unlikely), I wont blame JG for going with Grads

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 10, 2006, 04:06:34 PM

If Rattay looks good then Jon has some explaining to do.  With that said if Rattay plays poorly and Luke comes in that is one too many QB's on the carousel IMVHO.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 10, 2006, 04:08:35 PM

We've been through this before with Thomas Jones.  I still highly doubt that Rattay will do any better, but if he does it will make you wonder about Gruden's judgement of talent.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Gruden hang himself? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools