Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: get a QB for NOW, and draft the future QB! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 10, 2006, 05:21:59 PM

Hmm I wonder if the Garcia will be offered an extension before this year is over with.

you can almost BET on it...Hopefully, he will test the waters before he resigns with Philly...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 10, 2006, 05:22:15 PM

Well Garcia would sign what would amount to a one year deal so I don't think it'd be all that much money.  As for the rookie, you gotta pay them if you want quality.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 10, 2006, 05:22:26 PM

Hmm I wonder if the Garcia will be offered an extension before this year is over with.

He will not take it, he wants to start.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 10, 2006, 05:23:51 PM

He will not take it, he wants to start.

so, we have that going for us...

more than likely, he will start the season in Philly, but give way to McNugget upon his return...

If Gruden goes after him, you can bet he will be the unquestioned starter for us...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 10, 2006, 05:25:06 PM

Well Garcia would sign what would amount to a one year deal so I don't think it'd be all that much money.  As for the rookie, you gotta pay them if you want quality.

Garcia will not take a one year deal if he keeps playing like this. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 10, 2006, 05:27:41 PM

Well Garcia would sign what would amount to a one year deal so I don't think it'd be all that much money. As for the rookie, you gotta pay them if you want quality.

fine, sign him for 2 years and let the rookie learn...

I'm good with that!

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 10, 2006, 05:28:41 PM

Adw is correct.  There's no way they can afford to sign a top 3 QB from the draft AND sign Garcia given his play.  Philly is likely a playoff team and his value will just escalate from here on out.

There are other cheaper options if a vet is needed.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 10, 2006, 05:28:50 PM

Well Garcia would sign what would amount to a one year deal so I don't think it'd be all that much money. As for the rookie, you gotta pay them if you want quality.

I said it will essentially be a one year deal.  You can put 20 years on it if you want, but Garcia is 36 and any team that gives him an offer will give him one that's easy to get out of early.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 10, 2006, 05:30:15 PM

Garcia did not accept that pseudo long term deal that is really a one year deal before I doubt he does it now. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 10, 2006, 05:31:25 PM

Garcia did not accept that pseudo long term deal that is really a one year deal before I doubt he does it now.

He wasn't 36 before.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 10, 2006, 05:35:42 PM

Adw is correct. There's no way they can afford to sign a top 3 QB from the draft AND sign Garcia given his play. Philly is likely a playoff team and his value will just escalate from here on out.

There are other cheaper options if a vet is needed.

like who?

we need a vet to START, not just take up roster space...

Garcia is the man!

BucfaninDC

Starter

#26 : December 10, 2006, 05:35:54 PM

Anyone see the post game PC?  Gruden himself said the team needs a QB that will dominate, not just run the offense and give a score here and there.  

I think everyone agrees, no QB currently on the team has, or ever will have, the ability to dominate.  I think a 1st round QB pick is becoming more likely.  

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#27 : December 10, 2006, 05:38:18 PM

I think everyone agrees, no QB currently on the team has, or ever will have, the ability to dominate.  I think a 1st round QB pick is becoming more likely. 

This may in fact be the spin Gruden uses to keep the Glazers on board.  They know the guy has produced some top grade QB's in the past.  No one could argue the Bucs had that kind of talent since he arrived and if he can convince them that Quinn or Brohm is the future and can hit the ground running he might buy some time.

SB4TB

Starter

#28 : December 10, 2006, 05:40:02 PM

I kind of hope we do draft a QB, but I agree they need someone like Garcia to control the ship for a couple of years till the rookie is ready.  

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 10, 2006, 05:40:12 PM

I think everyone agrees, no QB currently on the team has, or ever will have, the ability to dominate. I think a 1st round QB pick is becoming more likely.

This may in fact be the spin Gruden uses to keep the Glazers on board. They know the guy has produced some top grade QB's in the past. No one could argue the Bucs had that kind of talent since he arrived and if he can convince them that Quinn or Brohm is the future and can hit the ground running he might buy some time.

That's exactly what i've been saying.  I think draft a QB actually buys Gruden time.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: get a QB for NOW, and draft the future QB! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools