Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: get a QB for NOW, and draft the future QB! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 10, 2006, 05:41:15 PM

Garcia did not accept that pseudo long term deal that is really a one year deal before I doubt he does it now.

He wasn't 36 before.

His play was bad before at that time.  Right now his stock and cost is rising.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 10, 2006, 05:41:34 PM

I kind of hope we do draft a QB, but I agree they need someone like Garcia to control the ship for a couple of years till the rookie is ready.  

damn straight!

:)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 10, 2006, 05:45:29 PM

Garcia did not accept that pseudo long term deal that is really a one year deal before I doubt he does it now.

He wasn't 36 before.

His play was bad before at that time. Right now his stock and cost is rising.

I think the age is more relevant now than his play was then.  He can play as good as he wants, but no one is going to ive him a deal (in reality) for more than 2 years.

Warhorse

Second String

#33 : December 10, 2006, 05:47:40 PM

Yep....Garcia would have/could be a great fit for Gruden's offense.

Too bad Allen wouldn't offer him a multi-year contract a few seasons ago. He would have come here instead of going to the Browns.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 10, 2006, 05:50:17 PM

Yep....Garcia would have/could be a great fit for Gruden's offense.

Too bad Allen wouldn't offer him a multi-year contract a few seasons ago. He would have come here instead of going to the Browns.

hindsight is always 20/20

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#35 : December 10, 2006, 05:54:07 PM

Do people forget we were in cap hell two years ago?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#36 : December 10, 2006, 05:57:12 PM

I think my idea is BRILLIANT!

It sounds like the idea I have been getting bashed for saying the past couple months while everyone else thought Grads was the future.  Glad to see more and more people are coming to the same conclusion now.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#37 : December 10, 2006, 05:57:35 PM

who is to say that he even wants to start?

He is old....and could be on the petition to just enjoy the ride and get paid to fill in if starter is injured.

EITHER way I think he will be available...

He will WANT to resign with the Eagles....but I see the Eagles letting him go...to avoid QB controversey among the Fans...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 10, 2006, 06:01:33 PM

who is to say that he even wants to start?

because he is a competitor and an NFL QB, he will want to start.

He is old....and could be on the petition to just enjoy the ride and get paid to fill in if starter is injured.

doubtful

EITHER way I think he will be available...

money talks.

He will WANT to resign with the Eagles....but I see the Eagles letting him go...to avoid QB controversey among the Fans...

That is asinine. McNabb is the starting QB as long as he is healthy, end of story...  there will be no controversey.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 10, 2006, 06:04:14 PM

I still think that if we can swing a trade for Carr, we can have our QB for now and the future.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 10, 2006, 06:04:50 PM

I still think that if we can swing a trade for Carr, we can have our QB for now and the future.

I'll buy that.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 10, 2006, 06:10:08 PM

Didn't Garcia leave SF cause he didn't want to mentor a young QB? Or did he leave before the future SF QB was selected?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 10, 2006, 06:31:31 PM

Well, one thing is for sure...the Bucs MUST upgrade the QB position this offseason. McCown isn't the answer. We wouldn't have gotten him so cheaply had we gotten him. Grads just doesn't have the physical tools to be a great QB. Simms hasn't shown he can be a great QB. So basically right now we have 3 QB's who we don't know if they can be the guy.

I wouldn't mind seeing Simms come back to compete, but who knows where his head is going to be at. The Bucs are going to seriously have to look at tape and see if they think Simms can do enough. If not, then we need to bring in another vetran like a Garcia or someone who has been a starter and could play well enough to lead a playoff contender. Finally, the Bucs need to get a QB of the future. Unless Simms pulls of the comback of the year next year he isn't that person.

I don't think the Bucs need to draft a QB with the #1 pick, but I think we need to take a QB on day one for sure...and most likely have that pick be one of our 2nd rounders. I don't know if Quinn will be there when the Bucs pick and I don't really see another QB worth the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft. The Bucs could either trade down or hope someone like Troy Smith is available in the 2nd round.

One thing is for sure...we have 3 QBs right now. I only want to see one on the final 53 man roster next year. Let the guy who the Bucs think has the best chance to be a decent QB (either Simms, McCown, or Gradkowski) come back. Draft another option, and bring in a free agent vetran who at the very least can be an average QB.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

jandjen

Starter
#43 : December 10, 2006, 06:49:55 PM

I would like to see a vetern who comes in as a mentor type back-up. Take the franchise QB in the draft and throw him to the wolves. Scale down the playbook in the beginning if necessary, Brad Johnson would be great, he knows the system and would be a great mentor. Keep Grads around as the third string, as he would also benefit from the mentoring. this COULD be the way to end up with a strong 1st AND 2nd string QB.

By the way Brad was just an example, I don't know if he would or could come back... Brunell wouldn't be bad either.....

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 10, 2006, 08:58:48 PM

BJ is done, have you seen him play this year?

yuk

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: get a QB for NOW, and draft the future QB! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools