Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: get a QB for NOW, and draft the future QB! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#60 : December 12, 2006, 01:03:52 PM

Turbo the grammar and spelling on these boards have went to hell. I can't imagine how you feel being a teacher and reading some of this stuff.

lol

damn Florida public schools don't measure up to Wisconsin...

j/k

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#61 : December 12, 2006, 03:03:58 PM

I'd like to see them sign Garcia, AND draft a franchise type QB.

Let GARCIA play now for the "win now" crowd, and let the rookie tote the clipboard and learn for a year or 2...

there is no reason we can't sign a QB to play NOW, and get our future QB via draft this offseason.

This should be the plan, and forget about re-signing Simms, he will never work in this offensive scheme...

I would have to say I don't agree with you,

who do we have now that is in there prime and could help us back to the "big" game???

Defense is old , we have WR problems, OL couldnt open a hole to thread a needle through,

What would be the point? doesnt leave a lot of options for any good QB to come in right now...

My two cents...

Rebuild, Restructure, plan for the future

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#62 : December 12, 2006, 03:18:04 PM

As far as who we would be looking at in the draft, I think we'll take a look at three guys:

1. Brady Quinn
2. Troy Smith
3. JeMarcus Russell

I don't see Brohm coming out this year because he would be a sure fire top 5 pick in the 2008 draft, and he still needs to show he can remain healthy over an entire season. The good thing is that aside from Oakland and Detroit nobody is really in dire need of a franchise QB.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#63 : December 12, 2006, 03:27:16 PM

I suggested this in another thread and it seems like the best way to go. Sign Garcia, and let Quinn/Smith/Brohm sit for a season or 2.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: get a QB for NOW, and draft the future QB! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools