Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Ownership!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 10, 2006, 01:17:51 AM

My issue with him is what seems to be loyalty to ineffective staff.
agree, he also has this attitude towards slumping players.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 10, 2006, 01:20:52 AM

Also, people are quick to throw Gruden under the bus when the offense doesn't show up but Kiffen gets a pass when the D takes a vacation? Both Gruden and Kiffen have shown that their schemes work very efficiently when exceuted properly yet when something goes wrong, its Gruden's scheme that gets criticized on O but for the D, all the blame goes to the player(s). 

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 10, 2006, 01:31:42 AM

I think there is a lack of motivation and accountability.   At 0-4 something needs to change.  Bench the players who aren't performing regardless of their experience and salary.    Send a message that performing below your ability is not acceptable and will be rewarded with sitting on the bench.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 10, 2006, 01:39:28 AM

Gruden is alright.  He is a great coach.  We just are in the sucking phase of hte game, right now.  It happens when you have 31, 35, and 28 year old linebackers.   It happens when both corners are in their 30's.  It happens when you pay a guy 9 million a year to sit around and think about his 5 over par game last weekend.  It happens when blah blah blah.

Gruden and Kiffin aren't missing the tackles, they aren't getting passes smashed, and they aren't running for 100 yards in the first three games.

Gruden is a good coach.  Eventually, he will become a Shannahan type.  I am tired.  Good night.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 10, 2006, 08:18:24 AM

No way should we get rid of Gruden.  He's just now getting "his" team together.  He's got his QB, a RB,  a TE and a couple of WR's, and he's finally getting a few offensive linemen.  As for the D, I'm sure the more astute posters on this board realize that the loss of Marinelli and Tomlin has to account for downward spiral to a certain extent.  Let's see what happens as the season unravels before we start calling for heads to roll.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Ownership!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools