Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Give Mike the Ball Website « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#45 : December 12, 2006, 01:03:55 AM

I'll get ripped for this but whatever.....

Alstott was a great player here as far as teammates go and as far as being a leader.

But he was also one of the most overrated players in history, and that goes for the NFL as well.

He never really should have made any pro bowls, as he was elected as a FB although at that period he was never really a FB he lined up mostly at the TB slot.  His TB numbers surely never warranted pro bowl consideration. 

He's a great guy and was great to the TB community, and fans loved him....but as far as a player he has always been given way more credit than he deserved.

what he said ^^^

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#46 : December 12, 2006, 01:07:47 AM

Give it a rest, haters!  He's got 1 more home game!  I don't think giving him the ball is going to hurt our record!LOL! Record? What stinking record?!

T

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 12, 2006, 09:13:46 AM

As much as I love Mike, in Gruden's Offense he is a FB, not a RB. Mike and his loyal fans should be happy if he is the lead blocker for a 100yd rusher in the final three games. It's about the Bucs, not any one player.

phbuc

Rookie

#48 : December 12, 2006, 09:35:30 AM

Give Mark the Ball?

#49 : December 12, 2006, 01:48:51 PM

Karen just called into JP Peterson's show.  Apparently, she's one of those behind the site.

Nice!

Alsttot is no longer the short yardage guy he once was, but he can still get it done, at least between the 10's.

However, I still think we should present Karen with a plaque of Simms and Alsttot - the only players she's ever liked - making out.

Get it, Chrissy!  Get it, Mark!

(In case you're wondering.........J/K)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 12, 2006, 02:10:57 PM

However, I still think we should present Karen with a plaque of Simms and Alsttot - the only players she's ever liked - making out.

She will be one sad little puppy if they are both gone by next season.   :o  and Gruden is still here  ;D

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#51 : December 12, 2006, 02:52:30 PM

Screw Mike as the guy has a couple good carries and all the sudden you want him to get the ball over Cadillac - what a joke, next you will say we should draft Tim "All I Can Do Is Run" Tebow as our next franchise QB in a few years.  Mike is not and has never been an every down back I don'tcare how many of you think he could have been and was under-used.  The guy is past his prime and is a wasted roster spot on this team as other than a carry or two per game and a catch or two what does he really add on the field- yes he is a presence in the locker room but he is not a better option than Cadillac Williams or even Michael Pittman for that matter.  Mike does not get EVERYBODY excited as I sit in my section every game and refuse to cheer for the guy just because others think he is more than what he really is - a has been and never was.

Wow you rather have caddy fumble the game away!

what a joke..

I dont think people are calling for him to carry every down!  But jesus give it to the guy you resigned for over a million dollars to at least jump start this team!!!

P.S. Mr. Glazer please sign me for one year, I am more then happy to get over million dollars and not carry the ball, you spend your money so wisely, way to go on your investments, I would hate to look at your portfolio!

BuccoJD

Starter

#52 : December 12, 2006, 03:01:47 PM

what a joke..

I dont think people are calling for him to carry every down! But jesus give it to the guy you resigned for over a million dollars to at least jump start this team!!!

P.S. Mr. Glazer please sign me for one year, I am more then happy to get over million dollars and not carry the ball, you spend your money so wisely, way to go on your investments, I would hate to look at your portfolio!

You're either joking...or you just started watching Bucs games.

Mike Alstott is the KING of fumblers.

And the only reason Mike is still so popular is because he is WHITE. There I said it.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#53 : December 12, 2006, 03:07:20 PM

what a joke..

I dont think people are calling for him to carry every down! But jesus give it to the guy you resigned for over a million dollars to at least jump start this team!!!

Wow what a racist!

Tell me NFL Oracle

How many fumbles does he have in the past 2 years?  How many does Caddy have?

Get rid of the Race card and wake up!

You're either joking...or you just started watching Bucs games.

And the only reason Mike is still so popular is because he is WHITE. There I said it.

#54 : December 12, 2006, 03:16:06 PM

you have to consider Mike gets less carries, Pittman fumbles more than both. Also let's not act like 1 million is a lot in today's NFL, plus for the millionth time (wtf is it that nobody who signed up in the last few months know English?) it's RE-SIGNED, not resigned.

#55 : December 12, 2006, 03:18:16 PM

There, you're an idiot.

#56 : December 12, 2006, 03:20:01 PM

you have to consider Mike gets less carries, Pittman fumbles more than both. Also let's not act like 1 million is a lot in today's NFL, plus for the millionth time (wtf is it that nobody who signed up in the last few months know English?) it's RE-SIGNED, not resigned.

I, for one, am resigned to the resignation of possibly the whole offensive staff in the offseason.  Maybe Gruden will resign?  Anyway, I hope we can resign our key players.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#57 : December 12, 2006, 03:22:26 PM

I, for one, am resigned to the resignation of possibly the whole offensive staff in the offseason.  Maybe Gruden will resign?  Anyway, I hope we can resign our key players.

LMAO    ;D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#58 : December 12, 2006, 03:38:56 PM

There, you're an idiot.
He may or  may not be an idiot, but that statement was awfully stupid.  Point blank, that was really dumb.

I do love Alstott though, man that guy was entertaining in his heyday.  He would just drag piles, flatten guys...

I will always cherish memories of this guy.  I am not a debater of his HOF status, or wether he deserves Pro Bowls or not.  He was a damn good football player, and that defies categorization.

#59 : December 12, 2006, 03:41:49 PM

There, you're an idiot.
He may or  may not be an idiot, but that statement was awfully stupid.  Point blank, that was really dumb.

I do love Alstott though, man that guy was entertaining in his heyday.  He would just drag piles, flatten guys...

I will always cherish memories of this guy.  I am not a debater of his HOF status, or wether he deserves Pro Bowls or not.  He was a damn good football player, and that defies categorization.
agreed 100%
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Give Mike the Ball Website « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools