Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Give the Man some freaking credit... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: December 11, 2006, 01:04:07 PM

There is no way Gruden allows ut to go into next season with Madcowski as our undisputed # 1. We will either sign outright or transition tag Chris Simms and/or sign or acquire a Vet free agent (ala; Garcia, "Snake", Carr) and/or draft a QB with 1 of our 4 first day picks (Quinn, Brohm, Smith, Russell, Stanton, Leak).

Jonny Boy is never happy with where he is with his QB's and is always looking for ways to improve and/or upgrade. I look at it like Bruce will be a low priced decent back-up for the next 5 years and maybe beyond...I don't think he's the answer and I suspect Gruden feels the same...Gruden has stoked him off, but never annointed him savior!

And again Gruden & Co. will have Picks and Cash (Cap Room) for the first time since becoming head coach here...so this is definately the make it or break it off-season for him and GM Brucey...but they'll both still be employed here at seasons end and at next year's start. ;D

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2006, 01:07:24 PM

I thought Carr resigned last year, no?

Baghead #2

Beastie

Rookie

#2 : December 11, 2006, 01:18:23 PM

Jon Gruden doesnt deserve a job after this season.

I'm sorry but there is no way that one team can go from being this bad to competetive in one offseason.

New Coach and let him actually make some good decisions with our money and good draft picks. I dont want Gruden come here and pick his usual Marquis Coopers and sign his Charlie Garners.

Please fire him and bring anyone.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#3 : December 11, 2006, 01:19:23 PM

He would need to be cut or we would need to trade to get him...he didn't get extended to my knowledge.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 11, 2006, 01:19:41 PM

There is no reason to tag Simms. His stock went down this year. I don't even want to draft a QB. We're better off just signing Simms and a capable veteran.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#5 : December 11, 2006, 01:24:25 PM

I'm sorry but there is no way that one team can go from being this bad to competetive in one offseason.

Maybe you should look at Sean Peyton and the Aints, oh wait they're not the aints anymore! How long did that take them?

It's funny because before last year everyone expected us to tank it for a couple years and because we exceeded expectations last season now we aren't allowed to have a off year without killing the coach. Does picks and salary cap have anything to do with a teams success?

Look at the Ravens...it took them 4 years of picks and solid free agent signings to get competitive again after screwing the pooch with their cap...we should be thankful with any success we've had over the last 3 years with the cap we've had.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 11, 2006, 01:25:27 PM

New Coach and let him actually make some good decisions with our money and good draft picks. I dont want Gruden come here and pick his usual Marquis Coopers and sign his Charlie Garners.

Are you sure-- just ask New Orleans or maybe Baltimore or maybe the Jets.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 11, 2006, 01:27:07 PM

Gruden stays.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#8 : December 11, 2006, 01:40:50 PM

Gruden stays.

Period.....

#9 : December 11, 2006, 01:58:13 PM

He would need to be cut or we would need to trade to get him...he didn't get extended to my knowledge.

Yes, he did get extended.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/3649353.html

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 11, 2006, 02:14:53 PM

There's no use in trying to debate this when folks have no clue what they're talking about. If you don't like Gruden and want to express it, cool, but please come with something, freak'n something.

Oh, and it's the Bucs money not yours.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#11 : December 11, 2006, 02:16:14 PM

Yes, he did get extended.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/3649353.html

That's not an extension. It's activating a part of his initial contract to keep him 3 more years at 8 mil. total...no brainer!

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#12 : December 11, 2006, 02:51:35 PM

I say we go after Jake Plummer.  He could be an asset while we get Grads ready.  Either that, or sign Simms and let him and Grads battle it out.

#13 : December 11, 2006, 06:12:57 PM

Gruden stays.

Until that statement is said by Joel Glazer, it's still open for debate.....

the fact they've said nothing means it's a fact. The last thing you want is a vote of confidence.

Beastie

Rookie

#14 : December 11, 2006, 05:37:21 PM

Are you sure-- just ask New Orleans or maybe Baltimore or maybe the Jets.

I know ask Sean Payton and Eric Mangini their new coaches.

You kind of proved my point while trying to make a point.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Give the Man some freaking credit... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools