Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Give the Man some freaking credit... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 11, 2006, 06:12:11 PM

Jon Gruden doesnt deserve a job after this season.

I'm sorry but there is no way that one team can go from being this bad to competetive in one offseason.

New Coach and let him actually make some good decisions with our money and good draft picks. I dont want Gruden come here and pick his usual Marquis Coopers and sign his Charlie Garners.

Please fire him and bring anyone.

Post with such enthusiam and insight frequently get folks invited to buccaneers.com. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 11, 2006, 05:49:08 PM

Gruden stays.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#17 : December 11, 2006, 05:56:16 PM

Gruden stays.

Until that statement is said by Joel Glazer, it's still open for debate.....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 11, 2006, 06:16:04 PM

For the record, I believe he will be here next year along with most of his current staff.  The Glazers knew the situation Gruden and Allen took on, the same on Parcells and Tannenbaum passed on.  UNless someone guaranteed the Glazers they could do the impossible (ie rebuild an organization short on money and draft choices) Gruden is in good shape.  Last year his team won their division, years on either side were decimated by injury which showed the lack of quality depth.  

BucfaninDC, time for you to call Joel, or which ever brother you feel will listen to you.  JMHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucfaninDC

Starter

#19 : December 11, 2006, 06:18:51 PM

Gruden stays.

Until that statement is said by Joel Glazer, it's still open for debate.....

the fact they've said nothing means it's a fact. The last thing you want is a vote of confidence.

You mean like the one Joel gave him back in 2005 after 2 straight losing seasons? 

BucfaninDC

Starter

#20 : December 11, 2006, 06:25:11 PM

For the record, I believe he will be here next year along with most of his current staff.  The Glazers knew the situation Gruden and Allen took on, the same on Parcells and Tannenbaum passed on.  UNless someone guaranteed the Glazers they could do the impossible (ie rebuild an organization short on money and draft choices) Gruden is in good shape.  Last year his team won their division, years on either side were decimated by injury which showed the lack of quality depth.  

BucfaninDC, time for you to call Joel, or which ever brother you feel will listen to you.  JMHO

Why do I have to call them?  I honestly could care either way.  Because no matter who the coach is, my pay check stays the same, meaning it doesn't affect me.

I just remember Joel being interviewed by the Tribune after the 2 straight losing seasons.  He gave his "vote of confidence" that everyone seems to thinks is a kiss of death, yet Gruden remained coach 2 years after that.  With Gruden now being listed on national articles as a coach possibly being replaced, it wouldn't surprise me to see Joel come out in the offseason and make a statement either way.

Beastie

Rookie

#21 : December 11, 2006, 06:34:54 PM

I really dont feel like getting into a message board argument because niether you or me will change our minds so I will just say this.

I dont care who you are if you lead your team to 3 losing seasons in the last 4 with the expectations that we have had. You deserve to be fired. If you have been basically given total control of personal decisions and none of "your" guys done anything then you deserve to be fired. If there is no improvement shown from your players in your span you deserve to be fired.

It's amazing that all he has tried to do in his span is try to fix the offense and all its been is a carousel of players rotating around Showing no improvement whatsoever. And our defense? Well it consists 100% of guys that were here with Dungy minus Allen.

So trying to fit Gruden's expertise we have mostly tried to sure up the offense and have not touched the defense. In turn the defense gets older and the offense shows no improvement.

That is a great coach for you right there.  

#22 : December 11, 2006, 06:39:28 PM

also minus Hovan, Ruud, White, P-Buc, Jenkins, Bennett, Haye, Bradley, Winborn, Pearson, Adams, Zemaitis, Mallard, Cash, Nicholson, and Spires right?

But hey having 17 non Dungy players out of 25 is nearly 100% right?

Beastie

Rookie

#23 : December 11, 2006, 06:42:07 PM

also minus Hovan, Ruud, White, P-Buc, Jenkins, Bennett, Haye, Bradley, Winborn, Pearson, Adams, Zemaitis, Mallard, Cash, Nicholson, and Spires right?

How many of those start for us?

Hovan and Spires. And spires was here before Gruden

Beastie

Rookie

#24 : December 11, 2006, 06:42:48 PM

Ok I forgot Hovan

Hovan and thats it.

Spires was here before Gruden

#25 : December 11, 2006, 06:43:10 PM

Hovan and Spires. And spires was here before Gruden
no he wasn't, his first season was 2002 after Marcus Jones got injured.

#26 : December 11, 2006, 06:44:14 PM

also White starts for us, P-Buc, Haye rotates in, Ruud has started this year, Pearson rotates in, Adams starts on ST, as do Mallard and Cash, ect.

Beastie

Rookie

#27 : December 11, 2006, 06:45:14 PM

also White starts for us, P-Buc, Haye rotates in, Ruud has started this year, Pearson rotates in, Adams starts on ST, as do Mallard and Cash, ect.

And they are performing so well.

#28 : December 11, 2006, 06:47:41 PM

And they are performing so well.
nice job backing off your statement, I believe the argument went from
- it's all Dungy D players (nice job trying to give Spires to Dungy)
to
- how many start (which you tried taking away injuries, I didn't even do that for the Dungy D players)
to
- how well they are performing

didn't they only allow 1 TD yesterday? And didn't P-Buc make a great INT in the endzone?

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 11, 2006, 06:53:00 PM

As opposed to all those guys Dungy got us.  Like Brooks, and Sapp, and Lynch, and oh wait, I forgot, Dungy didn't sign them, he inherited them.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Give the Man some freaking credit... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools