Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#75 : December 12, 2006, 03:10:29 PM

Assuming a deal to trade down could not be worked outand with things as they stand now, I would go with Brady Quinn. His learning curve isn't as great as most rookie QBs, and you have to go with that kind of franchise QB if the opportunity is there.

Now in an ideal world, we'd have the third or fourth overall pick which should leave us with the ability to get either Thomas or Adams. Until the combine hits, I think Russell and Troy Smith would be available in the 2nd round with our early pick. Garcia is a guy I expect us to pursue so either of those guys would be afforded the opportunity to sit and learn. I think an impact DE could still be had with our other second round pick or maybe via FA so Thomas would be the preferable pick in that scenario.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 12, 2006, 03:26:16 PM

I would like to see Jamarcus in Pewter.  The more I read about the kid, the more upside he seems to have...

Of course, I think O-line and D-line is far more a pressing need.  Russell working behind our O-line is nothing but bantha poodoo.  For you Star Wars guys.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#77 : December 12, 2006, 03:32:18 PM

I would like to see Jamarcus in Pewter. The more I read about the kid, the more upside he seems to have...

Of course, I think O-line and D-line is far more a pressing need. Russell working behind our O-line is nothing but bantha poodoo. For you Star Wars guys.

I would have no problem with that pick either.  As of now I consider Quinn and Russel to be 1a and 1b.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#78 : December 12, 2006, 04:13:41 PM

In terms of marketability and selling tickets, JaMarcus would be a gold mine for the franchise.  Just look at what Vince has done. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 12, 2006, 04:25:46 PM

In terms of marketability and selling tickets, JaMarcus would be a gold mine for the franchise. Just look at what Vince has done.
Tenny has a pretty rabid fan base anyway.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#80 : December 12, 2006, 04:26:50 PM

For all the Brady Quinn Lovers out there, he will not be the 1st QB selected. It will be Brohm or Russell.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools