Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GOOD NEWS! The defense is #16 in the league. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« : December 11, 2006, 02:58:15 PM »

Okokok, so WEEE SUUUCK!

Sorry 'bout that.

I just noticed that the Defense has moved up in the rankings solidly each of last three weeks.  Currently, we are ranked #16 in the league, and theoretically are still in contention to finish in the top 10.

However, we would need to average around 170 yards given up a game over the last three games to do it.

Not gonna happen.

However...We face the Bears (Suck on O!), the Browns (Suck!) and Seattle (Ummm...don't suck, but aren't exactly lighting it up either).

However... ... ... we still don't have much of a shot.

Anyway, the real point of this post is:

The Defensive drop off was not as precipitous as it initially looked, and we're more  than likely going to finish again in the top half of the league.  We need to patch a few holes on D this offseason, but the D will probably be decent again next year...

However... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I recommend we hire Lewis and Clark for the Offense and send them out in search of this fabled "End Zone".

If it exists.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : December 11, 2006, 03:00:08 PM »

And bucs still need a FA DT, and maybe a FA DE to go with at least one quality safety. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

« #2 : December 11, 2006, 03:03:06 PM »

And bucs still need a FA DT, and maybe a FA DE to go with at least one quality safety. 

If we did that and maybe brought in some project OLBs with lower round draft picks, I'd say we'd be on the road, at least.  We may need a CB, though, depending how that situation evolves.

Then, we also need: QB, FB, WR, C, OT.

Other than that, we rock.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 11, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »

Don't lete Shag get a hold of that.

Gruden has been ignoring the defense, didn't you get the memo?

« #4 : December 11, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »

Good point, the defense inst as bad as I thought they were. Still not good. But considering a pro bowl caliber CB has been hurt all year, Quarles has missed time and both he and Brooks have looked old and slow, we traded our UT and really have been bad at UT even when bOoger was here, Rice has been hurt all year but really he should be replaced anyway, this defense hasnt been too bad all things considered. Probably wouldve been about 10th overall if Rice, Kelly, and Quarles were healthy all year and we had even an average pass rushing UT this year

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #5 : December 11, 2006, 03:16:13 PM »

Allen too. Seriously though, Ruud is the only starter from this year that has an upside.

« #6 : December 11, 2006, 03:17:11 PM »

White...?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #7 : December 11, 2006, 03:19:24 PM »

Allen too. Seriously though, Ruud is the only starter from this year that has an upside.
But prior to this year, wasn't JP and Will Allen looking to have a ton of upside?  Espescially Allen, who made some big plays last year...

Hindsight is 20/20 bro...

Anyone is a genius the day after...

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #8 : December 11, 2006, 03:25:36 PM »

But prior to this year, wasn't JP and Will Allen looking to have a ton of upside?  Espescially Allen, who made some big plays last year...

I'm not talking about anything in the past.  ???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #9 : December 11, 2006, 03:34:38 PM »

But prior to this year, wasn't JP and Will Allen looking to have a ton of upside?  Espescially Allen, who made some big plays last year...

I'm not talking about anything in the past. ???
You keep saying Gruden shouldhave, should have but didn't...that is the past I am referring to.  I thought given the nature of the cap, what the Bucs were working with, espescially given their #1 ranking from prior year, was more than sufficient.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 11, 2006, 03:36:20 PM »

When people talk about the offense and injuries the defense lost Rice, Kelly and large chunks of time for Wyms and Quarles plus trading McF and they are still semi-respectable. Monte doesn't have the horses to be the #1 defense but he's making Haye, Bolden, Gold Tooth, our two gawd awful safeties and Soon-to-Be-HoF'er Dewayne White look at least credible.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #11 : December 11, 2006, 03:43:58 PM »

You keep saying Gruden shouldhave, should have but didn't...that is the past I am referring to.  I thought given the nature of the cap, what the Bucs were working with, espescially given their #1 ranking from prior year, was more than sufficient.

What does this have to do with Ruud being about the only starter we have on defense that will get better? I'm not really talking about old personnel decisions here. I'm talking about the future.

« #12 : December 11, 2006, 03:44:43 PM »

DEWAYNE WHITE

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #13 : December 11, 2006, 03:49:17 PM »

DEWAYNE WHITE

I'm not on that bandwagon. He's been around long enough, got some playing time, etc. He's good, but I'm not sure he has much room for improvement over what we have already seen.

« #14 : December 11, 2006, 03:51:56 PM »

Dont think I can argue that Ruud is the only defensive player taht I see progressing. Dewayne White is the only other one I can think of. We can only hope Zemeitis, Allen, Phillips, Wyms and Jenkins will get better but nothing shows they will
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GOOD NEWS! The defense is #16 in the league. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools