Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brady Quinn, the most overrated QB in NCAA history? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 11, 2006, 06:30:55 PM

How absolutely shocking, a **CENSORED**bag usc fan bashing brady quinn... you dont say?!

And what was his reason for the bashing?

because lou holtz and some other announcers said he 'etched himself in irish lore'

how's that not true? he beat a bunch of records for the irish that have been there for a long time. they didnt say he was the best qb in history or in the ncaa.

this guys a clown. and you clowns that bit on it is exactly the tools he was targeting.

obviously we've all forgotten ryan leaf.
you don't agree Smith > Quinn?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 11, 2006, 06:42:23 PM

I do think Smith is a better COLLEGE QB than Quinn is but won't end up a more productive NFL QB. Quinn has had the luxury of being coached by the same person that coached Tom Brady. The kid's been given the key's to a pro-style offense and because of that he'll have a much shorter learning curve. CW has ben grooming this kid for two years now and the only thing that will suprise Quinn is the speed of the NFL game, not the playbook. IMO

#17 : December 11, 2006, 06:44:52 PM

good points KOB, that's why I probably wouldn't be upset if he wound up here.

skip

Starter

#18 : December 12, 2006, 10:15:23 PM

Quinn overated? Come on here, he is by far the best QB prospect in this draft. Has all the tools.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 12, 2006, 10:19:30 PM

Quinn overated? Come on here, he is by far the best QB prospect in this draft. Has all the tools.

"by far"....I think not.  Russell is bigger, stronger, faster, and has a far superior arm.  Quinn has played in a "pro-style" offense at an over hyped school.......my money is on Russell longterm.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 12, 2006, 10:20:38 PM

Nahhh I would want Russel.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 12, 2006, 10:43:25 PM

"by far"....I think not. Russell is bigger, stronger, faster, and has a far superior arm. Quinn has played in a "pro-style" offense at an over hyped school.......my money is on Russell longterm.

Hey, no fair using facts.  Next thing you know you will be using references found on various internet sites where players are rated by professionals. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

skip

Starter

#22 : December 12, 2006, 10:49:38 PM

Time will tell

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 12, 2006, 10:51:48 PM

It will be an interesting game that is for sure.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 12, 2006, 10:57:00 PM

Go watch some of Russell's highlights.  The guy can literally throw from just about anywhere and in any position (moving left throwing back across his body).  He has a cannon.

Quinn may be ready to play sooner but in terms of upside not even close.

Watch this video of highlights from LSU-Louisiana Lafayette this year.  He makes every throw (3 step, 5 step, 7 step, out of the pocket, under pressure, touch passes, etc.).  The throw he makes about 20 seconds in to this video is amazing.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 13, 2006, 12:56:39 AM

Brohm will have the best pro career of all of them.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#26 : December 13, 2006, 01:00:56 AM

Brohm will have the best pro career of all of them.

I disagree for reasons previously stated.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 13, 2006, 01:04:17 AM

In history you ask???

That is a good question.

Charlie Ward?

Geno Toretta?

That is some harsh company...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#28 : December 13, 2006, 01:11:47 AM

In history you ask???

That is a good question.

Charlie Ward?

Geno Toretta?

That is some harsh company...

It depends on what you are saying.

Ward and Toretta were very good college QB's, but never really touted as NFL prospects.

Quinn is a good college QB who is being touted as an NFL prospect.

I wouldn't call Gino or CHarlies overrated, as they were very good at the CFB level.  I don't think anyone ever confused them as being good NFL QB's so it's hard to say they were overrated....they were never really hyped as much in the first place.

If Quinn is overrated remains to be seen.

Personally I like Russell over any of the others.

devasher

Starter
#29 : December 13, 2006, 04:47:57 AM

If statements like that had ANY validity whatsoever Rob Johnson and Ryan Leaf would be fighting for their 3rd MVP by now, while Peyton Manning was winning his 4th consecutive superbowl. It's a shame it doesn't work that way, but I guess that's why GM's get paid the big bucks (to make horrible decisions like drafting Brady Quinn 1st overall or something).

If there's one thing people NEVER seem to get about athletes is the incredible importance your BRAIN has on your play especially at the QB position. Theres a damn good reason why Joe Montana went in the 3rd round, and Dan Marino was the 4th/5th quarterback taken in his draft, because people have a very shortsighted view of what you need to be a great QB.

We talk about how important it is that Quinn is being coached by Charlie Weiss, but please...does someone want to tell me who Jerry Rice's college receivers coach was? (or what school he went to for that matter) Howabout all the "great" 1st Rd QB's Jeff Tedford has coached to the NFL. The bottom line is, coaching will only help you DISCOVER what you have, it wont make you a great player if you dont have that ability (and by ability I mean brain power more so than throwing power or a 40 time).

Who wants to tell me the best NFL QB to ever come out of Florida State....howabout Brad Johnson who was a backup for almost all of his college career there...doesnt look like the lack of college game experience or coaching hurt him too much in the pro's as he's in his 15th year. Or just how successfull Eli Manning has been in the NFL despite his world class genes (who in my opinion IS the most overrated college QB ever).
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brady Quinn, the most overrated QB in NCAA history? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools