Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Gruden a Liar? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : December 11, 2006, 04:20:37 PM

Hey, we lost the game. Thats the important thing.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 11, 2006, 04:27:13 PM

you think that is a lie?

what, you expect him to leave Grads in the game no matter what, because of what he said earlier?

wtf?

*banging head into nearest hard surface*

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 11, 2006, 04:28:02 PM

wtf?

Exactly.

creekchub00

Starter

#18 : December 11, 2006, 04:32:28 PM

Yes, earlier in the week, and possibly earlier in the morning at the hotel to the commentator? Pretty much as long as he doesn't throw interceptions. Let him finish the game, and take him out and let Rattay start the following week. There was still a chance we win that game, albeit a small chance. I let all the past occurances of him "possibly" lying, but now it is pretty much out in the open that he was at the least, untruthful. Just looking back, I am wondering if maybe Gruden and Allen are really untruthful with the players.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 11, 2006, 04:32:54 PM

you think that is a lie?

what, you expect him to leave Grads in the game no matter what, because of what he said earlier?

wtf?

*banging head into nearest hard surface*

HAHA hilarious!!! HA!

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 11, 2006, 04:34:42 PM

Grads generated NOTHING offensively with his arm.  At that point, barring a need as he stated a week earlier, he would leave the kid in.

By Grads own admission, he said he would have yanked himself out, and punched himself in the face because of his poor play...

Gruden did not lie, he is merely backing up his own words.  I mean zero offense is just as good as three picks in my book...Grads DESERVED to be benched, and it was a wake up call to play better, or face more splinter treatment at the end of games...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 11, 2006, 04:38:45 PM

WHO CARES? If he doesn't come out with that strong statement, then the announcers talk the whole game about how Grads has a short leash. He didn't want Grads looking over his shoulder until it became obvious that he needed a change. You must hate every politician ever born if you don't like liars.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 11, 2006, 04:39:50 PM

WHO CARES? If he doesn't come out with that strong statement, then the announcers talk the whole game about how Grads has a short leash. He didn't want Grads looking over his shoulder until it became obvious that he needed a change. You must hate every politician ever born if you don't like liars.

Good post.

Not bad for a newbie with a mere 23...(snicker) ;)

JK! JK!

creekchub00

Starter

#23 : December 11, 2006, 04:43:52 PM

I do hate most politicians for that reason as well. A prefectly acceptable answer to what is the deal with Grads is "We will see how that game does, every plays or doesn't play based on performance at this point I see no reason to not have Grads in, but can change at any moment" It still says Grads is the man, but just like any other player if he plays terrible that he could be pulled. He made a specific statement refering to interceptions, and then pulled Grads without him throwing an interception.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 11, 2006, 04:44:41 PM

Yes, earlier in the week, and possibly earlier in the morning at the hotel to the commentator? Pretty much as long as he doesn't throw interceptions. Let him finish the game, and take him out and let Rattay start the following week. There was still a chance we win that game, albeit a small chance. I let all the past occurances of him "possibly" lying, but now it is pretty much out in the open that he was at the least, untruthful. Just looking back, I am wondering if maybe Gruden and Allen are really untruthful with the players.

If YOU think he was lying, then he was.

grefly

Starter

#25 : December 11, 2006, 04:47:59 PM

Are you a liar?

The Best:

2. Indianapolis Colts (3) (10-2)

Yes, they lost, but on a Matt Bryant-like miracle Field Goal. But honestly, they are still right up there amongst the best. The defense really needs to man up against the run, but other than that, they are a dominating team. Plus, everyone else at the top of my rankings did poorly this week.

See, just because you think it at the time, doesn't mean circumstances don't change. There, I took the bait.

creekchub00

Starter

#26 : December 11, 2006, 04:54:43 PM

How does that even compare, that wasn't me btw, a member of the site wrote that. I was just relaying it ;-)

Gruden made a very SPECIFIC statment about his QB, and then made a switch with the game still in reach, if he didn't have trust in him to win the game when it was in reach, then why did he even start? A bad response to the question, bad Public Relations maybe? But I thought it should at the very least it should be discussed.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 11, 2006, 06:47:19 PM

Gruden has no idea what a liar he is. You can only blame him so much.

Did you here his 1 hour show today?

He is such a double standard talkin' freak. "Now I'm not one for excuses but"... "I'm not gonna blame Bruce but, he needs to not be so nervous, not so jumpy, needs to focus......" On Rattay.. "It's a shame that he lost that snap"...

What happened to coach speak like: " Hey, we lost, but there is a lot to build on".. Or "We win and lose as a team", or "We are going to practice hard and play harder"..

I like this quote.. Thinking about next year?--> "I am not one to think about next year, look, we have 21, or 20 days left in the season. ..."  HAHAHAH Gruden is a total joke. I'd bet his skin is crawling knowing what a phony he is around all of our character players. Yikes.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

#28 : December 11, 2006, 06:49:13 PM

you can take any quote out of context....that 'next year' quote could easily have meant 'we're focused only on the next 3 weeks'....some of you just want to hang Gruden...

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 11, 2006, 06:55:53 PM

Right, and if I say Gruden has this team under-performing and should be eliminated, that means I am no fan.

Look, the players are not dumb.

Just listen to the last ten minutes of that show. Aside from sounding defeated, Gruden blabs much double-speak. JUST LISTEN.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Gruden a Liar? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools