Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Gruden a Liar? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : December 11, 2006, 06:58:20 PM

considering he's lost his starting QB, RT, LG, DT, CB, LB for a few games, DE (and only pass rush), WR, ect. I do not see how you can hang Gruden.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#31 : December 11, 2006, 07:16:03 PM

The reason Bruce was pulled yesterday was he wasn't even accurate enough to throw a pick.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 11, 2006, 07:32:51 PM

My take, a bit different than lying but perhaps not a ton better.

http://www.nflfans.com/buccaneers1/article.php?story=20061211145636699

Well said. I can not find anything to disagree with.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#33 : December 11, 2006, 07:37:30 PM

I think Gruden said the right things before the game....and did the right things during the game.  I just wish he would have went to Rattay sooner. 

Before the game of course he isn't going to say to his rookie 3rd string 6th round QB "You screw up and I am going to yank you."  WHat kind of recipe does that set him up for?  Ideally Grads would have stayed in the game, but I think what Gruden saw was a defense that actually played well and a game we should have won that we didn't because we couldn't generate any offense. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#34 : December 11, 2006, 07:41:42 PM

Was it Herm Edwards who said " YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

You guys may see all these conspiracies, I'll stick with Rattay at that point represented our best chance at winning the game.

We clearly weren't going anywhere with Grads that game.....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 11, 2006, 07:45:06 PM

You guys may see all these conspiracies, I'll stick with Rattay at that point represented our best chance at winning the game.

If Rattay was the Bucs best chance of winning Gruden would have started him and had him higher on the depth chart long ago.  Rattay will always be in Gruden's doghouse if he continues to be a poor practice player even though he does better in live game situations.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#36 : December 11, 2006, 07:47:23 PM

If Rattay was the Bucs best chance of winning Gruden would have started him and had him higher on the depth chart long ago. Rattay will always be in Gruden's doghouse if he continues to be a poor practice player even though he does better in live game situations.

I said at that point.  Before the game maybe he wasn't ready to give up on Grads...and maybe he still isn't.  But maybe he felt Rattay was the best chance for a spark off the bench more than starting him....

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 11, 2006, 08:23:44 PM

The best play involves Gruden in the stands, and not on the field. That would be a GREAT play!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 11, 2006, 08:28:56 PM

I didn't want to write this, because I have been giving Gruden the benifit of the doubt but it seems to be going to far?

It seems that more and more that Tampa Bay Buccaneers Head Coach Jon Gruden is getting caught in a lie, or being accused of lying.

Let us start with his most recent "lie" earlier in the week. Gruden said, "I dont forsee a quarterback change, although if we continue to throw interceptions it will be a change we obviously need to make". This was when QB Bruce Gradkowski was our starter. Gradkowski never threw an interception against the Atlanta Falcons Sunday, but by the end of the game QB Tim Rattay was in the game. Gradkowski was responsible for a lost fumble which was returned for a touchdown by Atlanta, but it was not an interception, and hardly his fault. While I am not for or against a quarterback change it seems that Saint Jon, lied?

Read More... Buccaneers Coach Jon Gruden a Liar?

He is still starting Gradkowski, so I guess that makes him a truth teller.  Even if he wasn't what is he supposed to say? "Yeah I am going to take him out after this week..."?

This is a dirty trick of a title. Its trying to smear Gruden for no good reason whatsoever. Totally irresponsible and I don't even have to read the article. Its just being a flamer. Its joining in with Deumig on the smear campaign.  Are you Alstotts other boyfriend. Knock Gruden for what he deserves to be knocked for.  You really shouldn't have to slander him to get that done when the team is 3-10.   The title of this thread is disgraceful.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 11, 2006, 08:31:50 PM

I never thought that it meant Grads was the starter from here on out, but he pulled him while a win was still within reach.
You should have watched the game, Creekchub. I don't think you did. If you did you would have seen that Rattay moved the ball and actually did something as compared to the rest of the game when Grads was doing nothing.  It was a good logical move for the coach to make, yet you use it to smear him with.

Just goes to show that your stuff is garbage.  Its a disgraceful article.  Gruden deserves to be knocked for playcalling and probably a dozen other things, but to call him a liar because of this?   Disgusting. Disgraceful. You should apologize for this.  Don't you have any self respect? If you are some quasiwannabe journalist you should show some responsibility to be fair and get off your ass and figure out what he is really doing wrong instead of slandering somebody in this irresponsible fashion.  You should apologize to this board and your own blog and until you do you are NOTHING.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 11, 2006, 08:39:46 PM

I like Rattay but he was moving the ball against a prevent defense.  Galloway was unable to force his way in and the Bucs were denied points with that last push.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 11, 2006, 09:12:55 PM

Before the game of course he isn't going to say to his rookie 3rd string 6th round QB "You screw up and I am going to yank you."  WHat kind of recipe does that set him up for?  Ideally Grads would have stayed in the game, but I think what Gruden saw was a defense that actually played well and a game we should have won that we didn't because we couldn't generate any offense. 

He's said it now. Both guys are being prepped to play. That's a big neon sign that Grads is on the short leash vs. the Bears so he doesn't have aproblem telling anyone they are on borrowed time.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucnation619

Second String

#42 : December 11, 2006, 11:53:19 PM

that true!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#43 : December 11, 2006, 11:55:52 PM

Before the game of course he isn't going to say to his rookie 3rd string 6th round QB "You screw up and I am going to yank you." WHat kind of recipe does that set him up for? Ideally Grads would have stayed in the game, but I think what Gruden saw was a defense that actually played well and a game we should have won that we didn't because we couldn't generate any offense.

He's said it now. Both guys are being prepped to play. That's a big neon sign that Grads is on the short leash vs. the Bears so he doesn't have aproblem telling anyone they are on borrowed time.

Now, yeah.  But before I don't think there was as strong of a case.  Grads struggling yet again (in a winnable game at that)coupled with Rattay moving the ball, prevent or not, is good enough to warrant both getting snaps.....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#44 : December 11, 2006, 11:56:37 PM

that true!!

Erase the pics BucNAtion. They are slanderous, and I never called you any names. I did not appreciate the comments being slanderous. I have already, a while back, erased the pics of you. I expect the same of you.

Huh?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Gruden a Liar? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools