Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The millionaire life; is it all worth it?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 08, 2008, 08:23:29 PM

ya I rather spread the wealth... so we can all be poor and miserble together (sorry DNC for taking your ideas). Of course I wish I was a millionaire. Its like people who say I wouldnt want Phil Knight donating money to my school. People who make excuses for not having something is jealous. And if your a millionaire working 18-20 hrs, you either love what you do, or plain stupid.

#31 : May 08, 2008, 08:34:37 PM

Doing the job that I do I end up in alot of million dollar homes owned by millionaires of course in places like Avila, Bellair Bluffs, and Gulfport Beach;

They have vending machines in their houses?

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 08, 2008, 08:37:21 PM

Sorry to sound like a fortune cookie but....

Everything in life worth having is hard. If it was easy everyone would be a millionaire.
You dont think some poor person would work 80 hours a week to have what millionaires have?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 08, 2008, 08:39:25 PM

yeah there are many rich ppl that work like that, but there are also the rich people that hardly work at all....

I rather work less hours and be middle class than work alot of hours and be upper-middle class

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : May 08, 2008, 10:19:53 PM

Honestly I would rather live in a $250,000 house like we do and make $100,000 a year and be.............HAPPY & RELAXED, instead of never sleeping very much and eating in airports all over the country.

Security guards make that much???

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 08, 2008, 10:47:27 PM

Ummmm no idiots, security guards or vending machine operators probably don't make that I'm sure; but I do neither of those things and have already revealed that I work for a home security company selling monitoring & equiptment contracts which does pay about $50,000 - $60,000 a year. And my wife is an auditor for the state and makes about the same thing and we of course combine those incomes.  ::)  :- 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 08, 2008, 11:18:26 PM

Honestly I would rather live in a $250,000 house like we do and make $100,000 a year and be.............HAPPY & RELAXED, instead of never sleeping very much and eating in airports all over the country.

You can sleep when you're dead, and airport food isn't that bad.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 08, 2008, 11:42:33 PM

You can go right ahead with that Oma, but I am perfectly fine with being middle class or slightly above and being well rested with home cooked meals every night to boot.  ;)

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 08, 2008, 11:50:57 PM

To quote a conversation from the movie Scarface where Tony Montana is talking with his wife while soaking in the jacuzzi tub, "I work hard for my millions and to give you things bubble head" and Michele Pfeifer replies back "it's too bad someone didn't just GIVE it all to you then you might not be such an a**hole". And that is a perfect example of some of these millionaires out there and what earning this money does to them.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 09, 2008, 12:34:11 AM

Ummmm no idiots, security guards or vending machine operators probably don't make that I'm sure; but I do neither of those things and have already revealed that I work for a home security company selling monitoring & equiptment contracts which does pay about $50,000 - $60,000 a year. And my wife is an auditor for the state and makes about the same thing and we of course combine those incomes.  ::)  :- 

1,000,000 or 50K... your probably the only one that would choose 50K.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 09, 2008, 01:16:36 AM

Nah i would choose 50 k if it meant working 40 hours a week and not 120 hours..

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 09, 2008, 01:38:29 AM

Nah i would choose 50 k if it meant working 40 hours a week and not 120 hours..

Since 1 million is 20 times 50k, you could work one year then take the next 20 years off.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 09, 2008, 06:36:39 AM

Yeah, but $50k/yr gets you food stamps.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 09, 2008, 08:10:35 AM

if ya ask me this whole thread was started so the author could somehow try to convince himself that he actually would rather have his life than be a millionaire. only a fool would think that all millionaires live crummy lives.

i have yet to meet a millionaire with a 18-20 hour a day work schedule. the guy that owns my company works 9-5 mon thru fri on a busy week. he's usually out with is wife driving one of his ferraris or in another country.

ppl say all the time, "money wont buy you happiness", blah blah blow me. that's a load of crap made up by poor ppl to make their own crummy lives feel better... much like this thread.

made up to make someone feel better about their own life.

"I'd rather make 100k than a million because I get a home cooked meal every night"

if i could print that saying on toilet paper i'd love to wipe my ass with it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 09, 2008, 09:02:25 AM

I know what Chrispy is getting at with the work and quality of life balance but plenty of rich people get it right.

I grew up in a house with a father who was a CEO of a multinational, and he worked crazy hours.  He would leave for the office at 6:00am, and rarely got home before 10:00pm, and that was when he wasn't traveling.  He came to the US at least twice a month, plus multiple flights all over Europe and the Middle East.  For two years he spent 20+ hours of one day a week in Airports and planes to attend a one hour meeting in a remote area of Norway.  He regularly worked a long day in the US, flew back to the UK through the night and went straight to the office an did 14 hours there before coming home.  He always arranged flights at the weekend or in the evenings when possible to avoid wasting valuable work time.

I didn't see a lot of my dad for much of my childhood, and I vowed to live a different sort of life.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The millionaire life; is it all worth it?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools