Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State of the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 12, 2006, 09:22:22 AM

Lorenzo Neal was gone way before Gruden got here, balme the best evaluators of Offensive talent on the planet Tony Dungy & Rch McKay for that one. Ooooppps I forgot Dungy & McKay are considered perfect in the eyes of the casual Tampa sports fan.

The worst part of losing Neal was the crapy logic they used to justify it - when we put Lo Neal in, with Alstott, everyone knows we're gonna run. Really guys, ok so then what do you do to correct that problem? <insert Jeopardy music> That's right, THROW from that formation more. You know, surprise.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

phbuc

Rookie

#16 : December 12, 2006, 09:44:50 AM

This happened.  That happened.  Blame here.  Blame there.
Not my fault.  Not his fault.

After five years with the Bucs an evaluation of Jon Gruden
reveals a coach that has produced a losing record.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 12, 2006, 10:06:19 AM

The Bucs have hit bottom. The offense is still not even close to being good and the defense has finally declined. We have youth on offense and no veteran leadership, and veteran leadership on defense and no youth. If Gruden thinks Simms could be good, we need to resign him and get a veteran QB to mentor him. Same goes with the OL. The QB play is taking away the talent we have at the skill positions and has to improve. On defense we need to use the draft to get some guys who can learn from Brooks and Barber while they are still here. Then hopefully in a few years both sides of the ball will be at a high level and we can win some games.

#18 : December 12, 2006, 01:14:57 PM

Bring back Steve DeBerg. He's tanned, he's rested, he's the master of the play fake. Suit him up and let em fly!! WHO'S WITH ME! FIRE THOSE CANNONS FELLAS!!!

#19 : December 12, 2006, 01:18:31 PM

Offensive skill positions
RB: Warrick Dunn, Thomas Jones
WR: Keyshawn Johnson, Keenan McCardell
FB: Lorenzo Neal
QB: Brad Johnson

Defensive
limeman:
Warren Sapp, Booger, Chartric Darby
LB:
Al Singleton, Ian Gold
DB:
Donnie Abraham, John Lynch, Dexter Jackson
Just a few names without doing some research
LMFAO you lost all credibiity once you posted that list....Lo Neal has been gone, Booger blows, Donnie left for more money / Herm's influence and BK didn't miss a step in filling in.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 12, 2006, 01:32:23 PM

Grudens hand he is playing with is his own hand, his choices, his team. He has had five years to mold this team anyway he chooses, this is what we have.

He's been playing blackjack at the $5 table over the past 5 years.

T

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 12, 2006, 01:35:58 PM

Just face it the Glazers are committed to Gruden. I don't think the Glazers forgot who won a Super Bowl for their franchise as quickly as the fans and local media have. Gruden will be here next year just face it, hopefully he'll be here along with Brady Quinn or Calvin Johnson.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 12, 2006, 01:41:47 PM

This is the guy that will save Gruden.  He will pitch the Glazers on him doing for the Bucs in 2007 what Vince Young has done for Tennessee this year.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#23 : December 12, 2006, 01:49:14 PM

Nice picture, but not realistic.  With our Oline, you would see more of those other colored jerseys and fewer of those white jerseys in this picture.  What's he do then? 
Let's drop the talk about skill in top three pix and discuss the big uglies on both sides of the ball.  Less sexy but more of a need.

T

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 12, 2006, 01:49:54 PM

When Gruden was describing a Superstar Game Changing Qb in his last Press Conference I got the hint he was talking about Brady Quinn not JeMarcus Russell. Plus, the Bucs WILL BE picking in the top 3 and Russell isn't worth a top 3 pick.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 12, 2006, 01:51:16 PM

Our o-line is not nearly as bad at pass protection as the "draft Joe Thomas" camp would have you believe.  They gave up 1 sack to ATL and while a poor play by Davis Gradkowski held the ball way too long for a 3rd and 4 where all you need is a quick read and release.

#26 : December 12, 2006, 01:55:02 PM

When Gruden was describing a Superstar Game Changing Qb in his last Press Conference I got the hint he was talking about Brady Quinn not JeMarcus Russell. Plus, the Bucs WILL BE picking in the top 3 and Russell isn't worth a top 3 pick.
so you'd be for taking Quinn? I think he's the most NFL ready and Gruden could make the kid into a all-pro.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#27 : December 12, 2006, 01:55:50 PM

I'd rather see Brohm than Quinn.  Russel will end up top 5 because this kid has an enormous upside.  Vince Young has proven all the naysayers wrong because he is a superior athlete.  So is Russell.  Look at his numbers in a WAY better conference against much better opponents than Quinn faced.

#28 : December 12, 2006, 01:56:34 PM

What was his quote?  Was it just the "We need a QB who can win games, not just a game manager." quote?

Or was there more?

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#29 : December 12, 2006, 01:58:41 PM

This happened. That happened. Blame here. Blame there.
Not my fault. Not his fault.

After five years with the Bucs an evaluation of Jon Gruden
reveals a coach that has produced a losing record.

And 2 division titles, a conference title and a SB. Name me just one NFC coach to do that in the last 5 years. Thats what I thought!!!!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State of the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools