Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scientists: Homosexuality occurs in "hundreds" of species « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 17, 2008, 05:09:31 PM

See here is the interesting thing:  IF being gay is generic then natural selection will eradicate them off the face of the planet.

#31 : May 17, 2008, 05:22:14 PM

See here is the interesting thing:  IF being gay is generic then natural selection will eradicate them off the face of the planet.

Faulty logic. First, just because something has a genetic cause doesn't mean that it is passed on. I read a study that said with each successive male child a woman has, the chances increase of them being gay. The theory was that the woman's body is progressively reacting to the foreign tissue inside of it, and this can cause changes to the fetus. If you think about it, it makes perfect evolutionary sense.

Second, many gay men and women have children. This is partially due to the fact that they try to deny what they are and adopt a "normal" lifestyle. Ironic, isn't it, that homophobia and persecution actually contribute to them propagating?

Of course, there is no evidence whatsoever that gay people have gay children. That's not what is meant by a "genetic cause."

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 17, 2008, 05:22:25 PM

See here is the interesting thing: IF being gay is generic then natural selection will eradicate them off the face of the planet.

Being gay is definitely NOT GENERIC,  they like NAME BRANDS.  They're very stylish.  :)

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 17, 2008, 05:37:24 PM

Homosexuality goes back to the very earliest records of recorded art and history. This isnt some fad or phenomenon. Evolution seems to retain homosexuality, not dispose of it.

It does seem to serve some type of biological or evolutionary purpose. They have done different experiments with lab rats that have shown surprising and unexplainable results. It is likely that homosexuality is caused by a gene however may only become activated in certain environmental situations. The idea here is that sexuality shifts in many people. Some people do in fact "turn gay" and some in fact "turn straight." While there are others who seem to have always been gay or always been straight. It's not really a choice but more of a biological tendency triggered by some event combined with a genetic vulnerability sensitive to the environmental event.

But saying that homosexuality is wrong or unnatural is not really for any of us to say. Sure the bible says it is wrong. But the bible also says that the earth is only 6,000 years old...

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 17, 2008, 05:54:44 PM

Applause....

Let's hear your own thoughts, in our own words, on this and the gay marriage ruling.

You know I love ya Joe, but I ain't going there dawg...Enjoy the debate.... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 17, 2008, 06:48:12 PM

I think there are some here who need to "come out" to the board and get it over with?

Joe is one of the biggest pro-gay rights posters, and he as been married to his wife, Boris, for years now. 

I smiled after reading that one.

The posts from Keepon, Turbo and LFO are really pathetic. Pound a dude, Keepon?

Isn't it funny how Turbo complains about the gay posts but he cant refrain from reading them
and posting in them?

And no, I'm NOT accusing you of being in the closet like you (and LFO) did to others in your post,
that I guess was an attempt at humor.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#36 : May 18, 2008, 05:05:42 PM

Ever see a male dog trying to sniff another male dog's private parts, it usually ends up with one dog getting a nasty growl and then being bitten or snapped at by the other. So in other words not too many homo pets/animals around that I have seen.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 18, 2008, 05:11:49 PM

Ever see a male dog trying to sniff another male dog's private parts, it usually ends up with one dog getting a nasty growl and then being bitten or snapped at by the other. So in other words not too many homo pets/animals around that I have seen.

That you have seen? Are you kidding with that at response? Maybe your gay dog was trying
to get it on with a str8 dog.

Here's a clip from a National Geographic special on the subject of homosexuality in the animal
kingdom. I guess NG and all of the scientists who have studied this are making it up. Right,
Buckaroo?

Froggy

Second String

#38 : May 18, 2008, 05:13:20 PM

I can't understand why anyone would think one would CHOOSE to belong to a segment of society that is ostracized and considered fair game to abuse. That is the clearest evidence that it's NOT a choice.

No, pigs haven't started flying... No, hell hasn't froze over... The Tampa Bay Rays are #1 in the AL"

Jim Rome

Buckaroo55

Second String

#39 : May 18, 2008, 05:14:16 PM

I'm not saying that it's not true Joe but just not real common among animals.

Froggy

Second String

#40 : May 18, 2008, 05:16:02 PM

You observed any other animals besides dogs?

No, pigs haven't started flying... No, hell hasn't froze over... The Tampa Bay Rays are #1 in the AL"

Jim Rome

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 18, 2008, 05:22:16 PM

I'm not saying that it's not true Joe but just not real common among animals.

Watch the NG piece and get back to us. In the wild, it's rampant!

Be sure to pay attention to how the male orangutans (fake vagina) and river dolphins (blowhole)
have sex with each other. Very resourceful. Especially the orangutans.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#42 : May 18, 2008, 05:22:47 PM

I had two male parakeets in the same cage awhile back, and can't remember either one of them going down or humpin each other.  :o :D

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 18, 2008, 05:25:35 PM

I had two male parakeets in the same cage awhile back, and can't remember either one of them going down or humpin each other.  :o :D

Why were you watching them like that? ;-)

Did you watch them 24 hours a day?

BTW, in a cage in your house doesn't equate to in the wild.

Did you watch the 5 minute video?

Froggy

Second String

#44 : May 18, 2008, 05:26:21 PM

Well that proves it then.

Jim Rome
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scientists: Homosexuality occurs in "hundreds" of species « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools