Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JaMarcus Russell video « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 13, 2006, 09:50:34 AM

WOW, what a play, he bought time and thew into double coverage!!!!!!! Great highlight!!!!!!!

How about we tack the guy that was double teamed that caught the ball, Doucet!

That was my first thought, it was an awful decision.

Kyle Boller made his name by tossing a ball through the uprights from his knees. Arm strength isn't everything. Give me Russell's highlight video of all his drives where he the in rhythm on three step drops. That is what I want to see from him and what I haven't really seen him do when I've watched LSU.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 13, 2006, 09:55:59 AM

Sure, he's got an arm.   How intelligent is he?   Can he run Gruden's offense or will he struggle learning the playbook?   

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 13, 2006, 10:02:59 AM

I like Russell but top 3 to me is just way too early. As dal said I would like to see him in a 3 step and see how he reads and scans the field, checks off/down. That highlight tape throw was an awful decision.

Baghead #2

Shag

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 13, 2006, 10:07:00 AM

In the NFL that play is a sack, and the throw is an INT.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 13, 2006, 02:00:55 PM

This guy is straight up awesome.  Are some of you guys really dogging him for what you think should have happened on one play out of the guy's whole career?  Besides, he's only a junior.  Most QB's make a HUGE leap from junior to senior year.  Look at Carson Palmer.  If we have a chance to get this guy now I say we do it, because only one team is going to have a shot at him next year.

Basically he's Dante Culpepper but proven against much better competition.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 13, 2006, 02:05:28 PM

This guy is straight up awesome.  Are some of you guys really dogging him for what you think should have happened on one play out of the guy's whole career?  Besides, he's only a junior.  Most QB's make a HUGE leap from junior to senior year.  Look at Carson Palmer.  If we have a chance to get this guy now I say we do it, because only one team is going to have a shot at him next year.

I'm not dogging him for everything I just think that video doesn't really highlight a skills set that changes my impression of him. He's a guy I'm gonna watch in the bowl game and see what does there that looks NFL-ready.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 13, 2006, 02:14:02 PM

Sure, he's got an arm.   How intelligent is he?   Can he run Gruden's offense or will he struggle learning the playbook?   

His coach seems to think he's intelligent.  Of course he could be biased.

http://www.lsubeat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061115/SPORTS0202/611150304

"Anybody that watched Saturday's game, there were a couple of throws there that just aren't being made in any stadium routinely," he said. "And he makes those throws routinely. He runs to his left and the guy that's coming open is going back away from him to his right. He rotates his hips. He throws with just his arm motion, and he flips a dart and it's caught. He'll roll to his left, get his hips squared away, make a nice deep throw and put air underneath it. He's a special guy. He understands the offense. He's very bright. He can make game-week adjustments and calls. He understands what you want. He's a leader."

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 13, 2006, 06:05:05 PM

That would have been a horrible pass and an interception in the NFL.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#23 : December 13, 2006, 07:05:10 PM

I am personally on the JaMarcus Russell bandwagon. I don't know about #3 for him though, but I wouldn't mind coughing up maybe the 2 2nd rounders to get up high, or you run a San Diego-New York Giants type of trade and get him that way.

Bucnation619

Second String

#24 : December 13, 2006, 09:08:09 PM

need good  WR..... not QB

TDTB

Second String

#25 : December 13, 2006, 09:09:22 PM

eh, I like the guy, but don't love him.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 13, 2006, 11:03:17 PM

Sure, he's got an arm. How intelligent is he? Can he run Gruden's offense or will he struggle learning the playbook?

His coach seems to think he's intelligent. Of course he could be biased.

http://www.lsubeat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061115/SPORTS0202/611150304

"Anybody that watched Saturday's game, there were a couple of throws there that just aren't being made in any stadium routinely," he said. "And he makes those throws routinely. He runs to his left and the guy that's coming open is going back away from him to his right. He rotates his hips. He throws with just his arm motion, and he flips a dart and it's caught. He'll roll to his left, get his hips squared away, make a nice deep throw and put air underneath it. He's a special guy. He understands the offense. He's very bright. He can make game-week adjustments and calls. He understands what you want. He's a leader."

Well if we're going by what coaches say, then I'm all for Brady Quinn.  I have my doubts about him, but Charlie Weis basically says he's better than Tom Brady.  He's probably a little biased too, but he played a huge part in Tom Brady's development, and if Weis thinks Quinn can make the jump to the NFL as well and be a franchise QB, then he's exactly what we're looking for.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JaMarcus Russell video « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools