Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a quick tidbit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 14, 2006, 12:31:06 PM

Keep, I have never been a big Rice Supporter but I think Rice and White would make a darn good DE combo next season.  Also, with our high pick we can bring in a top flight rookie that will be able to learn from one of the best and spend our money in FA on Players that we really need like S,LB, & DT.  I would like to see this team bring in Briggs/June, Clements, and a vet DT & S or draft them early.  

watson

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 14, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

DTG,
Any word on coaching changes.....Muir, Biassacia, Mann, etc?

Not a peep, other than I believe Kromer will essentially take overall control of the OL (whether they say so publicly or not).
DTG,
Thanks.  My worry about that is that Kromer might be viewed as an extension of Muir and nothing will change.  I don't believe that, but many will and will just give a segment of poster here something to b---h about.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 14, 2006, 12:54:22 PM

why do you guys continuously bash DTG when he provides his inside stuff?

it is asinine to bash a guy who shares his info because he wants to enlighten us...

this board is about information right?

I love his posts and look forward to them...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 14, 2006, 12:56:45 PM

why do you guys continuously bash DTG when he provides his inside stuff?

??? ??? ???

Who bashed him?  a couple of sarcastic posts but no one attacked or bashed DTG.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 14, 2006, 12:57:32 PM

they have in the past, and the sarcasm was unwarranted imo...

shall555

Starter

#20 : December 14, 2006, 12:58:05 PM

What's Plan B if the Colts franchise Freeney?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 14, 2006, 01:04:17 PM

Thanks for the info DTG. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but if I had the choice my emphasis would be 97% Defensive line. Keep the three and outs coming for our young offense to get back onto the field!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 14, 2006, 01:09:10 PM

Keep, I have never been a big Rice Supporter but I think Rice and White would make a darn good DE combo next season.  Also, with our high pick we can bring in a top flight rookie that will be able to learn from one of the best and spend our money in FA on Players that we really need like S,LB, & DT.  I would like to see this team bring in Briggs/June, Clements, and a vet DT & S or draft them early. 

I agree but Rice's price tag next year is the big problem and I'm a Rice supporter, love what he's brought to the franchise. I think it's time to bring in a younger DE and let Rice go and again, I'm a Rice supporter.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 14, 2006, 01:54:46 PM

There's nothing really earth-shattering here that I can share, but I did get some reliable info today that the Bucs are planning to go after a pretty big name defensive FA they think will really upgrade one of their defensive weaknesses. The words expressed to me were: "they have really targetted this guy and are planning to do everything they can to get him down there in Tampa for next season".

So it's a little tidbit anyway. Like I said, nothing earth-shattering, but I thought I'd share the gist of my conversation.

Thanks for the post, DTG.  Based on the whispers earlier this year, my guess would be Clements.  Glad to see that the D will be a priority.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 14, 2006, 02:00:49 PM

I agree but Rice's price tag next year is the big problem and I'm a Rice supporter, love what he's brought to the franchise. I think it's time to bring in a younger DE and let Rice go and again, I'm a Rice supporter.

Freeny will cost what Rice does but as we've seen in brutal painful detail (10 games and counting on Dewayne) this year pass rush ain't easy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 14, 2006, 02:05:56 PM

DTG,
Any word on coaching changes.....Muir, Biassacia, Mann, etc?

Not a peep, other than I believe Kromer will essentially take overall control of the OL (whether they say so publicly or not).
Assuming he stays....isn't his contract up and didn't he get miffed when we didn't let him interview for the Saints OC position?

Badabingnrt

Starter

#26 : December 14, 2006, 02:11:26 PM

yea i rather much have Clements and Briggs over FREENEY

We already have an over-priced super star at that position in Rice.  White, Rice, and Spires is pretty solid for DEs....we need to upgrade at S, CB, LB, AND DT.

My Picks
Sign Briggs OR Adalius Thomas
Sign Clements or Samuel or some top notch CB
Draft Brandon Meriweather in 2nd round
Draft DeMarcus Tyler with 1st 2nd rounder....
Move Kelly over to safety.

*Have Kelly, Meriweather, Phillips, and Allen compete for starting gigs.  Have Tyler start next to Hovan with Wyms mixing in.  Have Clements/etc. start next to BArber with Zem as nickle and Bucchanon as dime.

Have Briggs start opposite Brooks with Ruud in the middle.  Cut ties with Quarles if isnt willing to take back up role.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 14, 2006, 02:11:57 PM

Freeny will cost what Rice does but as we've seen in brutal painful detail (10 games and counting on Dewayne) this year pass rush ain't easy.
I don't think the problem is Dewayne. Dewayne is a great Robin....the problem is we don't have a Batman. If you paired Dewayne with a Freeney or a stud UT I bet he could get you 7-12 sacks a year.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 14, 2006, 02:52:24 PM

Assuming he stays....isn't his contract up and didn't he get miffed when we didn't let him interview for the Saints OC position?

He was denied an interview with the Saints, as were several other coaches under contract with other teams, not just Bucs coaches. It depends on what he wants to do. Sometimes assistants are offered more responsibility as an incentive to stay on, unless they've got a promotion lined up elsewhere.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#29 : December 14, 2006, 04:42:55 PM

The biggest weakness is safety so that's where I'd look.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a quick tidbit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools