Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: IF GRUDEN GETS FIRED, WHO ARE THE CANDIDATES TO REPLACE HIM? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

« : December 14, 2006, 05:24:58 PM »

Group,

I just posted a new Pewter Insider column on the front page of www.PewterReport.com. Here is the teaser:

"If the Tampa Bay Buccaneers decide to part ways with Jon Gruden, who might be the candidates be to replace him? Pewter Report’s Jim Flynn uses this Pewter Insider article to list some potential candidates and explain how the Glazers wouldn’t replace Gruden with just anybody."

If you're not already a Pewter Insider subscriber, you can become one today by calling 1-800-881-BUCS(2827) or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.pewterreport.com/subscribe/packages

Remember - if you secure your annual combo subscription by the end of the business day Friday, you will receive the Pewter Report Cheerleader Issue/2007 Salary Cap Preview FREE with your subscription, which includes 12 monthly, color glossy magazines as well as 200 PI articles per year.

Enjoy!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 14, 2006, 06:19:50 PM »

No one comes to mind....OBD

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #2 : December 14, 2006, 06:45:08 PM »

hmm...i hope he doesnt get fired...I dont think any coach in the world would have the Bucs winning this year....a 6th round rookie doesnt nessarily warrant Peyton Manning status or even BRAD Johnson status for that matter..

but I dont know who..

maybe Steve Marriuchi, Ron Rivera.  Heck even Lovie Smiths contract is up.

I think our best bet is to keep Gruden....and get ourselves a QB.

coolhandluke

Starter

« #3 : December 14, 2006, 07:08:45 PM »

What I find ironic is that from what I am hearing is that Duemig is upset and pissed that Callers  say he should be fired or resign, Yet Duemig is on his soap box saying Gruden should be fired!!
Too Funny. Next thing you know he will tell us that the BUCS have been sold.

Gruden is not going anywhere folks.. He will be here through out his contract 2008.
Next

Warhorse

Second String

« #4 : December 14, 2006, 07:18:12 PM »

If they don't find a solid QB who can move the chains Vince Lombardi would struggle right now.

Their first rd pick RB fumbles the ball too much.
 Their 1st round pick WR is not a gamebreaker and is inconsistent.
 They don't have a QB on the roster right now that can consistently move the ball.

What does that have to do with the coach?

I have several issues with Gruden, but those 3 items aren't any of them.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 14, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »

Well, yes and no. I mean, four drives of 10, 10, 12, and 14 plays seems like a QB moving the ball. They're just not getting the scores. That's not to say the QB position doesn't need an upgrade.

bucshot224

Second String

« #6 : December 14, 2006, 07:25:07 PM »

If they don't find a solid QB who can move the chains Vince Lombardi would struggle right now.

Their first rd pick RB fumbles the ball too much.
 Their 1st round pick WR is not a gamebreaker and is inconsistent.
 They don't have a QB on the roster right now that can consistently move the ball.

What does that have to do with the coach?

I have several issues with Gruden, but those 3 items aren't any of them.
I like Gruden and think he should definetely be here. But those things have everything to do do with the coach. He's the one who picks them and plays them. But, if I were to say who should replace him, I'd say we lure Charlie Weiss away from ND.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 14, 2006, 07:26:14 PM »

Bob Stoops.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« #8 : December 14, 2006, 07:54:19 PM »

It has to do with the coach because he didnt recognize their skill set, ad drafted these guys.

While names are being tossed around.. What about Jimmy Johnson? He's a FLA guy and he may be itching to get back into the game.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 14, 2006, 08:14:30 PM »

I'll throw some names out:

Cam Cameron-Offensive Coordinator Chargers
Rob Ryan-Defensive Coordinator Raiders
Gregg Williams-Asst. HC/DC Redskins
Rex Ryan-Defensive Coordinator Ravens

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 14, 2006, 08:39:11 PM »

I find it saddening the local newspaper and a talk show host with NO insight can blow this season's result into a fire the coach campaign.  Just as saddening is PR's participation. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 14, 2006, 08:57:41 PM »

I find it saddening the local newspaper and a talk show host with NO insight can blow this season's result into a fire the coach campaign. Just as saddening is PR's participation.

Not too many NFL coaches would survive a 3-13 season in their 5th year.  This franchise is a complete disaster right now. 

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 14, 2006, 09:09:54 PM »

dbucfan - I'm not sure what you're talking about. I wrote a Pewter Insider column in support of Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen (how I thought they deserved the chance to come back and turn things around in 2007) a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure why you're grouping Scott and I into the 'fire Gruden" mix. As reporters, we have to at least mention the possibility when a team is 3-13, and that's what we've been doing. There's a big difference between mentioning the possibility and actually calling for it to happen.We've done the former, not the latter.

jwampler

Rookie

« #13 : December 14, 2006, 09:30:56 PM »

I think Monte Kiffin could easily become a Head Coach if Gruden gets fired and I think he would do a great job.
Monte is very well respected and I can see him transitioning to a Head Coach.
Believe he had been asked previously to be a Head Coach somewhere, but I dont recall where.

jwampler

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #14 : December 14, 2006, 09:44:28 PM »

Monte was offered SF-- personally I think he is happy where he is and doesn't wnat the headache of HC-- not saying he doesn't have the tools-- just dont think he wants the aggravation.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: IF GRUDEN GETS FIRED, WHO ARE THE CANDIDATES TO REPLACE HIM? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools