Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 49ers take it to the 'Hawks « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

da49erfan

Starter

#30 : December 15, 2006, 01:11:21 PM

i am absolutely loving gore. he has been a beast for us all season. last season he showed promise backing up barlow, now that barlow is thankfully gone, gore has stepped it up as a very good starter. he surprising me. if you have told me he was going to be this good at the beginning of the season, i would have laughed at you. but i was wrong.

as for smith, i am still not sold on him. he did have a pretty good 2nd half, but he is terribly under throwing the football. and no one can completely blame the weather on his passes, he has done that all season in perfect weather. he is VERY intelligent, but i am still wondering about his QBing skills. he shows promise 1 play, then he looks worst then any other QB in the league on the next. i know he is still young, so thats why i am not wanting him to loose his starting QB spot. but he still has a lot to prove to me.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#31 : December 15, 2006, 01:25:10 PM

Smith sure made Colinsworth look bad.  In the first half CC said Smith was by far the worst of the new QB's (Young, Leinart, Cutler, etc.) and he specifically touted Cutler as the one who would be the best.

Then Smith turns around the second half and makes some great plays to help his team win.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 15, 2006, 01:48:22 PM

They are 16th this year so they aren't good but they aren't bad.

!5th, actually. But where it counts, in points per game, they're 21st.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 16, 2006, 02:56:03 AM

How has Manny Lawson been for them?

50 tackles, 3 sacks. Not overly impressive but then again they are really using him as a 4-3 OLB and that seems like a terrible waste of his skill set. He should have been a 4-3 end or 3-4 OLB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

da49erfan

Starter

#34 : December 16, 2006, 11:56:41 AM

How has Manny Lawson been for them?

50 tackles, 3 sacks. Not overly impressive but then again they are really using him as a 4-3 OLB and that seems like a terrible waste of his skill set. He should have been a 4-3 end or 3-4 OLB.

we've been using both actually. lately, you're right it has been a 4-3, but it has been about 1/2 and 1/2 throughout the season. i think he did better as a 3-4 OLB, but the D as a whole has played better, so i am not going to complain.

i think he has been doing ok. he doesnt have much lower body strength, so that is hurting him a little. but he has great speed. i think he has some great potential.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 16, 2006, 06:06:30 PM

I really like watching the 49ers this season.  Those guys have gone through some tough years and deserve to get some respect back.  They played a great game and deserved the gig win.  Watching Gore run should scare a lot of people in this league.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 16, 2006, 09:38:48 PM

The 49ers are showing that to be a contender in the NFL, you have to hit a home run or two in the mid or late rounds. Frank Gore is arguably one of the top five backs in the NFL right now and he was (I believe) a thirs rounder. Also see San Diego with Antonio Gates, the Giants with Osi Umenyiora, Cincinatti with Chad Johnson, etc. Thus far the best the Bucs have to show is Alex Smith and Dan Buenning and unfortunately a whole of Marquis Cooper, Marquis Walker, and Chris Colmer.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#37 : December 17, 2006, 02:37:15 AM

The 49ers are showing that to be a contender in the NFL, you have to hit a home run or two in the mid or late rounds. Frank Gore is arguably one of the top five backs in the NFL right now and he was (I believe) a thirs rounder. Also see San Diego with Antonio Gates, the Giants with Osi Umenyiora, Cincinatti with Chad Johnson, etc. Thus far the best the Bucs have to show is Alex Smith and Dan Buenning and unfortunately a whole of Marquis Cooper, Marquis Walker, and Chris Colmer.

and  Clayton. The jury is still out on Caddy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 17, 2006, 09:28:22 AM

and  Clayton. The jury is still out on Caddy.
Well, hitting on your top 15 picks is flat out mandatory if you want to be a contender.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 49ers take it to the 'Hawks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools