Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody heard/read this report? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: December 15, 2006, 04:04:50 PM

I was just told that Peter King has stated that Detroit, if they have the #1 overall, will sign Brady Quinn before draft day and that Oakland, in the #2 spot, will take Troy Smith. This was only delivered to me word of mouth, I have no confirmation of this assertion. Did anyone here read or hear this report from King?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 15, 2006, 04:09:18 PM

Didn't hear it, it'd be odd to have these sorts of plans laid out this far in advance. Quinn seems like a no brainer and since the Faders have no brains left they might do something like that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booger

Starter

#2 : December 15, 2006, 04:10:58 PM

Didnt hear it, but it is clear to me that JeMarcus Russell is a superior prospect.

I dont see any way that Smith goes #2 overall.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 15, 2006, 04:21:54 PM

Didnt hear it, but it is clear to me that JeMarcus Russell is a superior prospect.

I concur with that ^^^^

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 15, 2006, 04:22:58 PM

superior to who? Smith yes, Quinn no.

I also have a hard time with thinking Smith will go #2.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 15, 2006, 05:27:38 PM

That has to be fake.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#6 : December 15, 2006, 05:29:51 PM

Why you guys hating on Troy Smith. The guy is for real its not a mystery even tho he won the hiesman. You will see when the National Championship games happens. I think Troy Smith and Quinn are 1 and 2 in this draft for QB's

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 15, 2006, 05:48:16 PM

I don't think the 2nd best QB in this draft is that clearcut. Troy Smith is impressive...but his height is an issue. Brian Brohm (if he comes out) can't seem to stay healthy. JeMarcus Russell hasn't exactly been Mr. Consistency.  Drew Stanton's stock dropped this year. Quinn is the only QB that warrants a top 5 pick as it stands right.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 15, 2006, 07:23:35 PM

No team would announce who they were going to pick before they even get a chance to do the legwork you have to do in the NFL draft.  Nobody knows who they are going to pick yet. Not until they eveb take the wonderful Wunderlich!

watson

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 15, 2006, 08:16:52 PM

As poor as the Raiders WRs have played this year it would be hard to imagine them passing on the Ga Tech WR.  Porter has openly said he does not want to be there and Moss acts like he doesn't want to play anymore.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 15, 2006, 09:39:46 PM

The Raiders have Walter and Brooks as QB.  I think they might be willing to draft a QB...wouldn't you?!?!

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#11 : December 16, 2006, 09:30:31 AM

Besides, dont the lions have a strict WR ONLY policy for round 1?

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 16, 2006, 03:09:05 PM

What I would like to know?   Have any of you ever watched Brady QUinn?  The guy blew chunks against the only  good defensive team (Michigan) they played all year.   All of his stats came late in that game after UM had  destroyed them. He is so over-rated....he will be the Cedric Benson of this next years draft.  O-V-E-R-  R-A-T-E-D............whoever gets him will get the next Tim couch/Ryan Lief/The Rep. from NC.    I hate the Irish and Quinn is  gay

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#13 : December 16, 2006, 03:18:42 PM

I doubt Troy Smith goes #2, although i would like that because that means we have a choice of joe thomas or CJ

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 16, 2006, 05:05:09 PM

Please this early you could trust your mother on who she would draft
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody heard/read this report? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools