Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Welcome! « previous next »
Page: 1

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
: December 15, 2006, 07:42:24 PM

I would just like to make one overarching, all encompassing welcome to the hordes of new Bucs fan posters who have come on to this board.  Welcome! 

I just hope you aren't bandwagon jumpers.

Sure its easy to join a board when we suck.  But where will you be when the going gets good?  Where will you be when there is nothing to complain about? When you aren't calling for the coach to be fired.  When we aren't talking about a top 5 draft pick.  When everything is great and all there is to say is "Go Bucs!"  Where will you be then?

All I'm saying is don't bother coming here just for the bad times, unless you are willing to stick it out during the good times.  There I've said my peace. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 15, 2006, 07:52:26 PM

I would just like to make one overarching, all encompassing welcome to the hordes of new Bucs fan posters who have come on to this board.  Welcome! 

Sure its easy to join a board when we suck.  But where will you be when the going gets good?  Where will you be when there is nothing to complain about? When you aren't calling for the coach to be fired.  When we aren't talking about a top 5 draft pick.  When everything is great and all there is to say is "Go Bucs!"  Where will you be then?

All I'm saying is don't bother coming here just for the bad times, unless you are willing to stick it out during the good times.  There I've said my peace. 

LMAO  ;D

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 15, 2006, 08:08:55 PM

yea! lol

$$$

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 15, 2006, 08:35:56 PM

Welcome and goodbye.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 15, 2006, 08:53:38 PM

Itchalot,
Like most people that first got on the internet in the mid to late 90s I had AOL.  Did you use to post on their Bucs forum?  Your username sounds familar.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 15, 2006, 11:18:00 PM

yes I used to post on the AOL forum. I haven't posted over there for a couple years probably.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 16, 2006, 01:17:31 AM

Nobody says they have to post every week.  We're bound to lose a few games no matter how much success we have to suffer through.  They can go to TBBBB when we win, and here when we lose :)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : December 16, 2006, 02:18:29 AM

Doesn't there seem to be an exceptionally large amount of new posters?  Why would losing bring them in?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 16, 2006, 03:08:50 AM

Doesn't there seem to be an exceptionally large amount of new posters? Why would losing bring them in?

Because they are from the "other" board.   Everyone on that board already wants Gruden fired (they wanted him fired during the superbowl year as well).  They can't get a reaction on the other board since all those goobers already agree with them.    So they come over here where they can find some people who actually don't want Gruden fired.   

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 16, 2006, 03:01:28 AM

Doesn't there seem to be an exceptionally large amount of new posters?  Why would losing bring them in?

Bandwagon baby, everyone jumps on in times like these.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#10 : December 16, 2006, 03:52:16 AM

I've read this board forever now, but only chose to post recently for the first time. I usually just read threads, and occasionally post, but alot of them seem to be the usual "Fire Gruden" or "Ian Beckels pee wee team sucks" threads. Some of it is out of hand, but on a positive note, there is some interesting topics from time to time.  :-

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 16, 2006, 05:14:12 PM

Doesn't there seem to be an exceptionally large amount of new posters? Why would losing bring them in?
The same reason that Deumig's phone is ringing off the hook right now, and when the Bucs are on a winning streak he can't get enough calls.  Its because when things are going bad people have a lot of opinions about whats wrong.   They want to vent.  When things are going right people generally don't want to call up just to say "Go Bucs!"   Losing brings out the complainers whether its on the air or on the boards.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 16, 2006, 05:27:37 PM

It's the same theory that applies to all media.   People only want to hear about disasters and other bad things happening in the world.   The news reports things like earthquakes, terrorist attacks etc more than anything because that's what people want to hear.   You won't hear many news reports on us providing aid to foreign countries or how a doctor saved someone's life.   Don Henley has a song called Dirty Laundry dedicated to the topic.   

I think guys like Deumig and the local newpaper staff love it when the Bucs lose.   It helps their ratings and sales.

#13 : December 17, 2006, 11:09:28 AM

I was a poster on the "old board", but my password, sig, username, etc got messed up in the transition, so I waited a while to rejoin. I see things have not changed but I am dissappointed that some are still so ignorant to "newbies". I guess there are assh*^es everywhere but there are still alot of cool people on this board .... so to all the "newbies" dont be scared away!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 17, 2006, 11:13:00 AM

Is what I said incorrect? You are saying I'm ignorant to the newbies.  OK then enlighten me.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Welcome! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools