Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why just one WR? « previous next »
Page: 1

ashieash

Practice Squad

: December 17, 2006, 02:34:02 AM

Going back to Brad Johnson we only every focused on one WR. With Brad it was Mcardell and Greise it was Clayton and Galloway and Simms it was only Joey G. Ever since Gruden we only every featured one WR at a time. Why is this? We have had 3 quarterbacks in this time all with the same problem.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : December 17, 2006, 02:39:11 AM

Wow, more newbies! It's an epidemic.  The reason for mostly one wr is because Jon keeps 2 te in to maxprotect--occasionally 3.

ashieash

Practice Squad

#2 : December 17, 2006, 02:43:54 AM

Dont hate on the newbie status, Jon's protection scheme is no excuse for featuring one WR in our game plan since the Super Bowl year. Many teams (even with line issues) attack with more than one threat.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : December 17, 2006, 03:12:10 AM

I didn't say it made sense--it's just the reason.  A lot of us have a hard time defending the coach's game planning.  Not hating, there just seems to be an exceptional amount of newbies.  Too many board nazis at TBBBB?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#4 : December 17, 2006, 09:57:26 AM

Wow, more newbies! It's an epidemic. The reason for mostly one wr is because Jon keeps 2 te in to maxprotect--occasionally 3.
Go away. You act like a newbie.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 17, 2006, 10:17:13 AM

I thought it was a valid question. Whats with this newbie stuff? Just cause someone asks a question that you dont like its "Newbie".
3 te's huh..........................ok

Wow, more newbies! It's an epidemic. The reason for mostly one wr is because Jon keeps 2 te in to maxprotect--occasionally 3.

#6 : December 17, 2006, 10:54:39 AM

Thank you to Pirates,dr3z and anyone else from myself and probably ashieash! I personaly dont think KAREN is alone... If it were not for us "newbies" what would you have to talk about? Bucs football? Gruden's great ability to coach? Or many other non-issues.........

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 17, 2006, 11:11:26 AM

Thank you to Pirates,dr3z and anyone else from myself and probably ashieash! I personaly dont think KAREN is alone... If it were not for us "newbies" what would you have to talk about? Bucs football? Gruden's great ability to coach? Or many other non-issues.........

Karen hasn't been here that long anyway. 

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : December 17, 2006, 11:24:13 AM

Ok here's a run down:
In 2002, Keyshawn, McCardell and Jurevicious were all featured and used for Brad to throw to.
In 2003, Jurevicious got injured and put on IR, Key was deactiviated due to his disruptive behavior/problems with the coach, so McCardell was the only one left.
In 2004, Keenan became MEnan and held out and was traded. JJ was still recovering form injury, Galloway tore his groin the first game of the season, and that left the Bucs with Clayton as the guy. When Galloway came back the last few weeks of the 2004 season, Clayton and Gway were both getting the ball.
In 2005, Clayton messed around and didn't take care of his knee injury properly and came into camp out of shape. Thus forcing Gruden to scrap his plans to build the passing game around his former star rookie. Instead he featured Galloway. JJ had bolted for Seattle and the Bucs picked up Hilliard with the scraps of money they had under the cap. Leaving JoeyG as the only reliable target.
In 2006, the WR corps stayed about the same execpt the addition of Stovall via the draft. This probably due to cap restriction as well as satisfaction with the players who went 11-5, and also the expectation that Clayton would be better. But, Clayton has never regained his rookie form, so once again, Galloway is the only threat....and the current QB can't hit him when's open
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why just one WR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools