Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have experience with the Slingbox PRO? « previous next »
Page: 1

Cheers

Pro Bowler

: June 26, 2008, 01:47:37 PM

I'm thinking about getting a Slingbox PRO for my laptop.  We have a Comcast HD DVR/cable box.  Is the Slingbox PRO worth it?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 27, 2008, 12:33:19 PM

Can anyone tell me exactly what a Slingbox does?  I know it has something to do with watching TV on other things but that's it. 

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#2 : June 27, 2008, 12:38:38 PM

Can anyone tell me exactly what a Slingbox does?  I know it has something to do with watching TV on other things but that's it. 
http://www.slingmedia.com/

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 27, 2008, 12:38:15 PM

You hook it up to your TV and then watch regular television on your PC/Laptop?Cell phone anywhere in the world.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 27, 2008, 01:10:15 PM

You hook it up to your TV and then watch regular television on your PC/Laptop?Cell phone anywhere in the world.

So all I have to do is somehow link it to a laptop and it becomes an extension of my TV?  That's kinda what I thought it was but I didn't see how that was possible if I'm nowhere near the actual box.  Is it satellite driven or something?

cobraboy

Second String

#5 : August 10, 2008, 09:10:23 AM

So all I have to do is somehow link it to a laptop and it becomes an extension of my TV? That's kinda what I thought it was but I didn't see how that was possible if I'm nowhere near the actual box. Is it satellite driven or something?
The video sourced is hooked into the Slingbox, and then the slingbox is hooked into your router. You put software on a remote computer and add some IP settings, and if that computer has web access (preferably through a high speed connection) you can receive whatever the video source to the Slingbox is showing.

One version, not sure which, allows you to remotely watch a different channel than the video source is showing.

I'm going to do this to watch the Bucs here in the DomRep. Mom CB will configure the Slingbox to her FIOS box in her Tampa manse.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have experience with the Slingbox PRO? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools