Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are People Born Gay?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

LFO

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 13, 2008, 09:29:13 PM

So you think a guy can just wake up one day and decide he's attracted to male genitals?

I think that over time one's life experiences help mold and define who they are and what becomes of them.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 13, 2008, 09:40:01 PM

is anybody born a cirgarette smoker - yup why would anybody want that terrible taste, nasty smell, cancer, second hand smoke to your loved ones...

If you think about why people start smoking, you'll see how totally absurd that analogy is ....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 13, 2008, 09:44:00 PM

Recent studies show that homo-/bisexuality in fruit flies (no pun intended) is in part affected by a gene-driven protein called genderblind:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=bisexual-species&page=3

A recent finding indicates that homosexual behavior may be so common because it is rooted in an animal’s brain wiring—at least in the case of fruit flies. In a study appearing earlier this year in Nature Neuroscience, neuroscientist David E. Featherstone of the University of Illinois at Chicago and his colleagues found that they could switch on homosexual leanings in fruit flies by manipulating a gene for a protein they call “genderblind,” which regulates communication between neurons that secrete and respond to the neurotransmitter glutamate.

Males that carried the mutant genderblind gene—which depressed levels of the protein by about two thirds—were uncharacteristically attracted to the chemical cues exuded by other males. As a result, these mutant males courted and attempted to copulate with other males. The finding suggests that wild fruit flies may be prewired for both heterosexual and homosexual behavior, the authors write, but that the genderblind protein suppresses the glutamate-based circuits that promote homosexual behavior. Such brain architecture may enable same-sex behavior to surface easily, supporting the notion that it might confer an evolutionary advantage in some circumstances.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#18 : July 13, 2008, 09:50:02 PM

They are supposed to be born with more female hormones than the average guy, which in return makes them attracted to guys like most women are.

filmfx66

Rookie

#19 : July 13, 2008, 11:22:02 PM

to answer the question... no

Wrong.

Do you think you were born straight or did you one day decide to be straight? Did you look at a boy and a girl and have to decide or did you just "know" what you were attracted to?

People choose to live a gay lifestyle, they do not choose to be gay. A straight man or woman can choose to live a gay lifestyle but they are still straight and visa versa.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 13, 2008, 11:28:58 PM

I guess none of you choose to read the article and attachment that gives sound scientific evidence that clearly points to homosexuality being a choice, not birth defect.

Why is it important?  It would not be if homosexuals would keep their chosen lifestyle to themselves.  But when they feel as if it should be taught to my son and daughter in school, whether heterosexual parents agree or not, is the problem.  I should not have to explain to my children this lifestyle choice people are making which in unnatural and disgusting. 

THe analogy of smoking is good, but let's go one better.  Does a pedophile choose to be a pedophile or are they born that way?  Should we then accept their lifestyle or are we wrong for singling them out?
I would guess at some point people would realize that this is affecting society  as a whole.  The truth is, unless the person is directly affected, people chooose to not take a stand for risk they will lose something or sound negative. 
What kind of world are we becoming!? 

filmfx66

Rookie

#21 : July 13, 2008, 11:56:01 PM

I guess none of you choose to read the article and attachment that gives sound scientific evidence that clearly points to homosexuality being a choice, not birth defect.

Why is it important?  It would not be if homosexuals would keep their chosen lifestyle to themselves.  But when they feel as if it should be taught to my son and daughter in school, whether heterosexual parents agree or not, is the problem.  I should not have to explain to my children this lifestyle choice people are making which in unnatural and disgusting. 

THe analogy of smoking is good, but let's go one better.  Does a pedophile choose to be a pedophile or are they born that way?  Should we then accept their lifestyle or are we wrong for singling them out?
I would guess at some point people would realize that this is affecting society  as a whole.  The truth is, unless the person is directly affected, people chooose to not take a stand for risk they will lose something or sound negative. 
What kind of world are we becoming!? 

you do realize the writers of this article have an agenda??

#22 : July 13, 2008, 11:58:04 PM

I have a cousin that we knew was gay from the time he was 5-6 yrs old. He didn't choose that... he's just feminine as hell.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 14, 2008, 02:07:36 AM

OMG, not another one of these threads! :o [banghead]
Seriously... [banghead]

What the hell difference does it make if they are born gay, or are nurtured as such?

Do they hang out in your living room, flinging their poo on you or your family?

Do they CONSTANTLY think they can make you have sex with them, and that frightens you because it might make YOU gay as well if you succumb to their mind powers?

Do they steal our jobs?

Do they eat extra food that should be yours and your loved ones?

Does GOD hate them?  Does he cast them into the fires of damnation because he decided he would "born" them that way, and get a hearty chuckle out of their plight?

WHO CARES.

I could care less if a dude is gay, or a woman is a lesbian.  How does it affect/effect YOUR life?  You are not a judge, so chill the heck out.  Man... [banghead]

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 14, 2008, 05:37:57 AM

Hey Boid,
I posted this above as to why it is important to me:

"Why is it important?  It would not be if homosexuals would keep their chosen lifestyle to themselves.  But when they feel as if it should be taught to my son and daughter in school, whether heterosexual parents agree or not, is the problem.  I should not have to explain to my children this lifestyle choice people are making which in unnatural and disgusting.  "

By the way, God does care.  That's what is wrong with this country today Boid.  Too many times we have stuck our head in the sand and said, "It's not my problem and it doesn't affect me."  It does affect you and I and it should be important.  When the minority dictates what the majority does, that my friend is a problem.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 14, 2008, 07:35:57 AM

But when they feel as if it should be taught to my son and daughter in school, whether heterosexual parents agree or not, is the problem.

Who feels "as if it should be taught in school"?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 14, 2008, 07:51:35 AM

But when they feel as if it should be taught to my son and daughter in school, whether heterosexual parents agree or not, is the problem.

Who feels "as if it should be taught in school"?

The gay community.  That is the entire Mission.  Not to have equal rights, but to have their lifestyle accepted as normal.  By doing so, proper education is the name of the game.  We don't choose to be this way boys and girls, God made us this way, just like He made you. 
So a pedophile is born that way and I assume we should accept their lifestyle? 
A crack baby is born addicted to crack, so we just feed the addiction and let our kids know that it's okay. 
Serial Killers are born to be killers, so let's just over look their killing sprees and accept it.

It is absolutely amazing that grown people in this country don't get it about homosexuality.  Step outside of the realm of the Bible and just exercise common sense.  Knowing is half the battle and gay activists understand this concept.  If they can tell little Billy that it's okay to be a homosexual if you want, or at the very least, that homosexuality is a birth defect, they are more accepted.
Honestly, how can anyone look at a homosexual couple and say that's normal? 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 14, 2008, 07:55:38 AM

Hey Boid,
I posted this above as to why it is important to me:

"Why is it important? It would not be if homosexuals would keep their chosen lifestyle to themselves. But when they feel as if it should be taught to my son and daughter in school, whether heterosexual parents agree or not, is the problem. I should not have to explain to my children this lifestyle choice people are making which in unnatural and disgusting. "

man you are dangerous, very dangerous. What you don't understand is people like yourself are the reason the world is messed up. Awww, you have to actually talk to your children about real world situations, how terrible.

god made gays, deal with it.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 14, 2008, 08:03:45 AM

How about proof!? 

There is none.  The only scientific evidence is conjecture at best. 

Dangerous?  Declaring what I believe doesn't make me dangerous at all.

The world is messed up because of sin, which I have committed.  I'll take it that you have had nothing to do with that though...

Tell me keepon, what do you stand for?  What principles do you live your life by?  Accept everything and anything goes? 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 14, 2008, 08:09:39 AM

What's humorous is how homosexuals keep getting lumped in with pedophiles and serial killers in your little world.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are People Born Gay?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools